By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Full PlayStation 4 specifications

Kaizar said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Farsala said:
500$+ confirmed! OR huges losses on HW.

People who know nothing about PC hardware really need to STFU.  This would cost around $600 in equivalent PC components if you were really good at it.  At cost this thing probably only costs $500 to make.  So they will probably get an extra discount from AMD and sell it at a little under a $100 loss.  Big deal!

So $550?

I'd guess more $400 and $500 for a deluxe model... costing maybe about $500 and $550 to produce respectivly.

Pure conjecture though.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
"In addition, DUALSHOCK®4 will come with a built-in speaker and stereo headset jack, enabling PS4 users to enjoy high-fidelity sound effects of games from both the TV and also from the controller. Combined with the Mono Headset that will be bundled with PS4, gamers will also be able to chat with friends playing online, while hearing sound effects from the controller in hand."

Yes

I'll be plugging in my Pulse headset to that new controller.  I love that and the imporved trigger and sticks.  Hopefully its got a little more girth to it (looked more grippy on the bottom)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Kasz216 said:
Aldro said:
What I dont understand is how on earth they are gonna keep this price below 599. I mean this is ..GOOD shit.

Eh, the specs are only about $600 retail wise to build a similar CPU right now.  Count in discounts for mass production and the fact that by november those products will be cheaper and really... $450 is probably an extreme highend.

sounds awesome.  I'm saving for a $500 system plus a $60 game and maybe a new subscription fee (hopefully not).  If it was $400 I could either save $100 or get a couple more before Christmas.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

ethomaz said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
It is interesting to watch people debate fictional specs of one system to one that was reveled just yesterday.

E3 will be sweet this year, that is one thing i know for certain.

Even when all the fiction specs was proved real for Orbis? So why make you think the Durango specs are wrong tooI want

Beacuse its another system, and until M$ says this is what we have, its just rumor. Ive been told that some seen bigfoot, i havent seen bigfoot.

Kasz216 said:
Kaizar said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Farsala said:
500$+ confirmed! OR huges losses on HW.

People who know nothing about PC hardware really need to STFU.  This would cost around $600 in equivalent PC components if you were really good at it.  At cost this thing probably only costs $500 to make.  So they will probably get an extra discount from AMD and sell it at a little under a $100 loss.  Big deal!

So $550?

I'd guess more $400 and $500 for a deluxe model... costing maybe about $500 and $550 to produce respectivly.

Pure conjecture though.

Actually the retailers always make a profit compare to what they pay Sony & Microsoft & Nintendo for the systems. So it sounds like it would still be at least $50 more then what you are saying.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kaizar said:

Well the PS3 is currently like 70 million compare to the 3DS current 30 million.

So I don't see Hardware Specs & Graphics meaning anything in this day & age if the 3DS is just 2 to 3 years away from out selling the PS3, when the PS3 has a 5 year head start on the 3DS.

And there's a big gap between the 3DS & PS3.

Clearly ninjablade is the only person to care enough about graphics & hardware specs to not buy other Systems.

But as I have always said; 3D will always sale more then 2D, as comparing the first year sales of 3D TVs to HD TVs confirms, and also compare the 2nd year sales and compare the 3rd year sales.

The only way a real Hardcore gamer would care about graphics is if it's IMAX, and NOT crappy HD.

HD is a piece of crap, call me when one of these video game systems has IMAX graphics for 2D gaming.

Lol, you've been talking about power all along and suddenly it doesn't matter

Actually I pnly bring up power when other people do.

Plus people claim the Ps Vita has 133 million polygons because of NGP rumors, but the PS Vita only has 33 million polygons, but it's GPU is capable of 35 million polygons, so I'm guessing that battery life probably had something to do with the polygon count falling short of its 2 additional million it can do.

And people try to claim that the PS Vita is better in specs across the board just because the PSP was compare to DS, but the PS Vita actually has way less shader cores & triangles and less pixel per inch but more pixels then the 3DS, and the PS vita only has a refresh rate of 60 while the 3DS has 180 (60 fps per image), plus the Vita CPU on pre-install firmware can handle GPU clock as high as 300 MHz even thou it only needs 266 MHz because that is the max clock, but the 3DS CPU on pre-install firmware can handle GPU at 400 MHz which is the max clock of its GPU. Plus the 3DS does more post-processing in its camera and handles Sumo & MT framework engine made games more better. They both record video in 30 fps per camera but the 3DS has 2 working at once and it does 3D Auto-Focus. So the specs seem to be criss-cross across the board.

I only mention the Wii U having such things as 1,013 GFLOPs & 486 shader cores on the Wii U die chip thread because it was about the Wii U GPGPU.

plus I have always said that the PS4 will have a 5 to 8 GB RAM and that the 720 will have a 3 to 5 GB RAM but now I think the 720 will have somewhere from 5 to 10 GB RAM, because it now is seeming like an arms race, LOL.

Anyways the only other time I have mention Wii U specs was when ninjablade would claim that it's 2 GB RAM is equally as powerful as the 360 512 MB RAM. He still claims the Wii U is equal to the 360 LOL.

But anyways I haven't seen graphics matter anymore since the PS2 Generation for Home Consoles & since the DS Generation for Handhelds.

But people keep trying to say it matters because they have only started playing video game systems in the past up to 5 to 10 years.

I feel sorry for people who don't know of such 1st Party Mascots as Samus & Pit & Mallo & Dillon & Sakura & the Guardians (Ketzal's Corridors) & Luigi & Marth & so fort.

Kasz216 said:
Aldro said:
What I dont understand is how on earth they are gonna keep this price below 599. I mean this is ..GOOD shit.

Eh, the specs are only about $600 retail wise to build a similar CPU right now.  Count in discounts for mass production and the fact that by november those products will be cheaper and really... $450 is probably an extreme highend.

But wut.. that 8GB Ram doesnt even exist right now, highest is 6GB and thats a part of the Nvidia GTX Titan card (which btw is like 1000$ xD)

So how do we know how much that 8GB will cost? Some even said it wasnt possible with the architecture being the way it is

Aldro said:

So how do we know how much that 8GB will cost? Some even said it wasnt possible with the architecture being the way it is

You have the fixed cost for each module of RAM... ~$8 per 512MB module.

ethomaz said:
Aldro said:

You have the fixed cost for each module of RAM... ~$8 per 512MB module.

Dafuck, surely it doesnt work like that?

Aldro said:

Dafuck, surely it doesnt work like that?

lol no... Sony can make a contract deal massive production for x thousand units per xxxx dollars.

Anyway my thread shows the cost for 8GB GDDR5 $110-140... the most expensive component in the PS4.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155627