By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Full PlayStation 4 specifications

Good job Sony. The specs listed here might actually be able to beat my laptop...

In all fairness well done sony. Its good to see a company still trying to push hardware. Though I worry that they are going to bleed alot of money on each console sold but hey... The rest of Sony is burning. Their playstation division might as well join the fray.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

zarx said:

GCN2 is Q4 at the soonest possibly Q1 2014

“Yes, I made that comment. I cannot say anything more than what I’ve already said, really. AMD and its partners are happy with the HD 7000 Series, and it will continue to be our emphasis in the channel for the foreseeable future. I should note that HD 8000 Series has never been so much as hinted at for a channel release. Anything to the contrary is an unsubstantiated rumor fabricated to drive traffic.” – Robert Hallock

http://videocardz.com/39414/amd-confirms-no-radeon-hd-8000-series-until-q4-2013

I'm sorry ... I wanted to say Q3 for Sony financial year... so Oct-Dec for GCN2 and PS4.

The time fits... so PS4 and Nextbox can be using the GCN2 tech.

It is interesting to watch people debate fictional specs of one system to one that was reveled just yesterday.

E3 will be sweet this year, that is one thing i know for certain.

LiquorandGunFun said:
It is interesting to watch people debate fictional specs of one system to one that was reveled just yesterday.

E3 will be sweet this year, that is one thing i know for certain.

Even when all the fiction specs was proved real for Orbis? So why make you think the Durango specs are wrong too?

i think NextXboX will catch up using 8GB GDDR5 too in stead of rumor 8GB GDDR3...

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
So how does this compare to PS3, 360 and Wii U?

Simple answer: they're its bitches!

Technical answer: PS3/360 had 512MB of RAM (unified for 360, split for PS3 with XDR and DDR3). The PS4's has 15x the amount of RAM of the PS3.

Not to mention that gddr5 is much faster.

Then DDR3?  No it isn't.   GDDR5 is just DDR3 ram that generally sacrifices CPU performance for better GPU performance.

Which for a console isn't a bad tradeoff. 

Still people need to realize that numbers don't mean much in the PC world so having a 5 at the end of it doesn't really matter.

Aldro said:
What I dont understand is how on earth they are gonna keep this price below 599. I mean this is ..GOOD shit.

Eh, the specs are only about $600 retail wise to build a similar CPU right now.  Count in discounts for mass production and the fact that by november those products will be cheaper and really... $450 is probably an extreme highend.

So nothing new then. 1080p confirmed. 30fps/60fps depending on effects.

ethomaz said:

Slimebeast said:

Yes but as 99% of console games are GPU bound (meaning GPU will be the bottleneck while the other specs will not significantly influence the performance) the difference in GPU power is essentially the difference in console power.

I have another theory... the GPU in Wii U is subutilized because the bottlenecks found in the slow CPU and RAM... the fast RAM of the PS4 will show the real power of that GPU... and even if the CPU can be a bottleneck for PS4... yet is way better than Wii U CPU.

The gap will be bigger than Wii to PS3... even the Epic developer said the same thing.

It absolutely, positively will not be.

some of us need to calm down.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

It absolutely, positively will not be.

some of us need to calm down.

Opinions are opinion but it is... the PS4 to PS3 gab is bigger than PS3 to PS2.. and PS4 to Wii U is bigger than PS3 to Wii.

That's devs saying... not me... I think you need to calm down the devs .