By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - John Williams to Return for More Star Wars?

Tagged games:

Sounds good to me... and I'd prefer Williams just because its always been him. Hopefully Abrams recognizes this and strays from his normal routine for this one.

Around the Network

I want them to bring back Samuel l jackson

man-bear-pig said:
I want them to bring back Samuel l jackson

Why??  His character DIED during the prequels, and he was a terrible choice to being with.

Watch this segment of RedLetterMedia's review of Attack of the Clones for the reason why Jackson was put into the SW prequels in the first place...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Pleeeeeaaaase yes

his music was the best thing about the prequels... possibly the best thing about the series as a whole!

He better... no John Williams = epic fail for these movies.

It's also gonna be weird having the movie open without the usual 20th Century Fox fanfare. It's gonna be even weirder if these movies open up with Tinkerbell flying around Cinderella's castle.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

They better start soon, he turned 81 years old ten days ago.

I am less worried about the orchestration of the music. Then I am about the presentation. Namely the introduction of opening credits. Which most guilds for whatever reason insist upon. Which was a major reason why Lucas went outside of Hollywood to make his films. The movies have a rhythm, and that actually helps the music. Part of what makes the music stand out is that it isn't redundant, and is actually well paced. I like the way Star Wars starts off its story with music. Rather then music for credit, and then a absence of music for the first couple of scenes. I really hope that Disney adheres to this particular tradition. Be it by paying the fines levied by the guild, or doing what Lucas did, and filming the movie in other countries.

okr said:
They better start soon, he turned 81 years old ten days ago.

Exactly, Mr. Williams is not a young man.  He did the music for the original Lost In Space television show to give you an idea of how long he's been around.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Wow, hope he's still capable of doing it. His music is quite iconic.

I still think the new trilogy is a very bad idea.