By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Confirmed: Games promote real-life violence

Altercation reported at bingo game

PORTSMOUTH — Two women got into a fight over the sale of beauty products during a game of bingo for seniors at Feaster Apartments on Friday, police said.

According to the public police log, Portsmouth officers responded to the community room at the senior living apartment building on Court Street at 2:06 p.m. after taking a report of "some pushing and shoving" due to a disagreement over the sale of Avon products.

Sgt. Kuffer Kaltenborn said the call came during a regularly scheduled bingo game for the seniors living at the facility. He said one woman was upset at another for setting up a table to sell her cosmetics during the game.

"The altercation appears to have been started over the fact that one resident was upsetting another by (selling Avon and disrupting) the scheduled bingo event that occurs," he said.

The police log indicates officers cleared the scene of the initial call, only to be called back two hours later by a person who "is insisting on pressing charges now."

According to the log, the alleged victim had marks on her arm.

Kaltenborn said officers are still investigating whether an assault actually occurred during the altercation.

Complicating matters is that a third party initially reported the assault, he said.

"A third party alleges that the one that wanted to sell her products grabbed the wrist of the other person who wanted to play bingo," he said. "It's not the victim that alleges the crime. ... She's not sure if she was assaulted or not."

The names of those involved were not released because no one has been charged with a crime.

---

That settles that. Time for all you deniers to eat crow.

Around the Network

ohh really? see this makes me angry because im a really peaceful guy. i was just playing some gta and im really calm right now. excuse me but im gonna go take a drive, probably run over some people, beat a couple of hookers to death and go shoot up some gangs in the hood

Nobody should be surprised by this. When you spend hours and hours covering up numbers, you eventually develop a powerful urge to cover up a bitch with a funeral shroud. That's just basic science.

In arkansas there are strict bingo laws www.bingohall.org/usa/arkansas-bingo-halls/
It was even banned till 2007... I think we need to have stricter laws..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

So she's wasting money and time playing bingo AND being part of a pyramid scheme? She's a double sucker.
I wonder what would have happened if they were playing COD and one was trying to sell Final Fantasy cologne.

Around the Network

Ha, im from Portsmouth:P

LemonSlice said:
So she's wasting money and time playing bingo AND being part of a pyramid scheme? She's a double sucker.
I wonder what would have happened if they were playing COD and one was trying to sell Final Fantasy cologne.

This would happen:

Seeing other people being happier than you creates frustration. Frustration leads to violence.

We should ban things that make certain people happier than others. Or make sure everyone receives the exact same amount of everything to ensure we all have the same emotional and mental states.

these god damed bingo games are just so easy to come by!

it's like going in a store and buying weapons or ammunition!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Black Friday also promotes violence.