By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your biggest disappointments of this gen

Not exactly a brain teaser, but we are getting close to a new generation of consoles and it's a good time to look back and reflect on what has been and what it may mean for the future.

So...post away, let's see what everyone most regrets about this generation of consoles and gaming in general.

Around the Network

black ops, i still cant believe i payed 60 bucks for that turd

also assassin's creed revelations was a good old piece of grab, but i borrowed that from a friend, still a disappointment, not as big as black ops was though

and after all the hype batman AA, seriously the game is shit. wtf was all the hype about?

Diablo 3
Spore
Final Fantasy 13

The Last Guardian not releasing. I didn't buy a PS3 for one game only, but that was the one that counted the most.

The long RPG dry-spell.

Valkyria Chronicles not returning to the PS3 and now looking like a dead IP. Easily one of the best games I've played this gen and a franchise that should have lasted.

Enslaved. I was really excited about it but the gameplay bored me to tears.

Likewise LA Noire. Perhaps the most boring game I've ever played.

Tales of Symphonia DOTNW

Metroid Other M

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon

Halo 3 (I adored the Arbiter parts of 2)

The 5 year wait period for Zelda.

The 14 year wait period for SC2.

Brawl's constant delays. (The game was awesome though)

Call of Duty's popularity.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

The Wii

LA Noire

GTA 4

Skyward Sword

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Lack of Quality JRPG games
No Kingdom Hearts on home consoles this gen
Final Fantasy Versus XIII's long development cycle.

Skyward Sword
GTA4
Not Enough Metal Gear

Aliens: Colonial Marines. Nothing else has disappointed me this gen as much as that game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (still a good game)
Supreme Commander 2 (Not still a good game)
Perfect Dark Zero