By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your biggest disappointments of this gen

I thought that the constant delays for many of the high profile Sony games very disappointing( TLG, TM, GT5,FFv13.) Taking forever for the Operation Rainfall games and other JRPG's (Ni No Kuni, ToGf) to come out of Japan.
Publishers exploiting patching their games that we have to deal with day 1 patches now.
DLC taken to a increasingly stupid extreme.
Kinect's potential.

A couple PS3, Wii, DS, and 360 games but all great ones that came out out weigh those that dissapointed

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network

Wii ( Games mostly)
Final fantasy 13
Motion controls in any form
FF type 0 not being localized
Black ops
Assassins Creed
Skyrim
Infamous
DS ( not its games just handheld itself)

Edit: forgot one of the biggest disappointments for me was fallout new vegas and having such a blast with fallout 3.

Oh forgot Pokemon Black and White. I don't know about you guys but I felt that the graphics were worse than Diamond/Pearl and the Characters except N pissed me off.

Also hated the moving camera for a 2D Pokemon.

It wasn't terrible but it was just kinda disappointing after Diamond and Pearl. (Cynthia best champion)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Last gen?:P

Skyward Sword

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Battlefield 3
Halo Reach
Skyward Sword
The Wii in general

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
animegaming said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
JRPGs

Its not the quality of the games per say, but the quantity and the quality. Feel like the entire genre just took a step backwards this gen. Without the handhelds, it would have been even worse.

No new "real" Suikoden really bums me out

tales of graces f, tales of vesperia, xneoblade, and last story are amazing JRPG's 

Like I said, its not the quality of the invidual title.  You list 4 (I could list about 8 that I think are absolutely fantastic) but I could list 20 from last gen (if not many more).   Not even close.

pearljammer said:

Diablo 3 was my largest disappointment

yep. it turned out to be a massive farming place built only to support the item Auction House

Ssenkahdavic said:
animegaming said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
JRPGs

Its not the quality of the games per say, but the quantity and the quality. Feel like the entire genre just took a step backwards this gen. Without the handhelds, it would have been even worse.

No new "real" Suikoden really bums me out

tales of graces f, tales of vesperia, xneoblade, and last story are amazing JRPG's 

Like I said, its not the quality of the invidual title.  You list 4 (I could list about 8 that I think are absolutely fantastic) but I could list 20 from last gen (if not many more).   Not even close.

true we have had a lot more great JRPG'S past gen's 

hatmoza said:
Boutros said:
hatmoza said:
Take a frikkin' guess. I've only been repeating it since 2009.

Dance Dance Revolution XL EXTREME Supernova 2.4?

I'll give you a hint, it's even more linear than DDR XD

when ever i hear that i think the entire miltary shooter genre 

Nintendo dropping support to Wii in 2011. It was the best console of this generation by 2010(tough it still is, in my opinion) and would continue to be even better if Nintendo didn't dropped the ball and actually supported it.