By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to broadcast new PSVita information today! >>COMPLETE AND UPDATED<<

If you could choose ONE big announcement for Vita:

Price Cut 87 51.79%

New Games 59 35.12%

New Model 14 8.33%

Other 7 4.17%

Total:167

maybe more at GDC, and E3

Around the Network
Player2 said:
Chark said:
tbone51 said:
So to make this clear Wifi only is being discontinued? Cuz why else would they sell both for $200?

I think Wifi only is being discontinued so all Vitas will come with 3G at that new price.

It's more likely that the 3G one will be discontinued. The majority of bundles I can find are the wifi only ones, and in some stores they don't have the 3G version anymore.

If this event is anything to go by, no the 3G model is default now. Besides 3G costs next to nothing to put in the Vita. The only reason they had a 3G and a Wifi only model is because it allowed for Sony to sell the Vita at $300 to increase their profit margin/have a model that sold at profit. I think they should have never made the wifi only model to support 3G use. This is a good move for them, as the Vita's production cost are probably low enough to justifiy getting rid of the tiered models. It also stops confusing consumers.

Eliminating the 3G model doesn't make any sense, whichever way you slice it.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

BasilZero said:
Great to hear its officially coming down in price and good to hear some games are still alive (FFX and DC) but I will wait for a Memory card price drop before considering on buying a Vita ;(

same here, It'll still cost $270 plus tax. (Vita+One Game+4gig Memory). I got lots of nintendo games to buy (well just 3DS), but i need a vita for Gravity Rush!!! I got to look up more games, i dont want FFX, i dont like remakes/ports. Thats why i never got LoZ OoT

Too bad they havent reduced the price for the memory cards....that is the main thing that is stopping me from buying a Vita ;(

yeah, of course it is. Pretend the price drop makes the memory card free. You will be paying the same price for the Vita+memory card. Your argument is invalid.

The PS5 Exists. 

Chark said:
Player2 said:
Chark said:
tbone51 said:
So to make this clear Wifi only is being discontinued? Cuz why else would they sell both for $200?

I think Wifi only is being discontinued so all Vitas will come with 3G at that new price.

It's more likely that the 3G one will be discontinued. The majority of bundles I can find are the wifi only ones, and in some stores they don't have the 3G version anymore.

If this event is anything to go by, no the 3G model is default now. Besides 3G costs next to nothing to put in the Vita. The only reason they had a 3G and a Wifi only model is because it allowed for Sony to sell the Vita at $300 to increase their profit margin/have a model that sold at profit. I think they should have never made the wifi only model to support 3G use. This is a good move for them, as the Vita's production cost are probably low enough to justifiy getting rid of the tiered models. It also stops confusing consumers.

Eliminating the 3G model doesn't make any sense, whichever way you slice it.

If we've learned something about Sony with the PSP and PS3 is that both lost features with the years.

The current PSP model you can find in the stores doesn't even have wifi or stereo sound, and I don't think dual speakers are that expensive. But anyway, time will tell.

Around the Network

3DS Lite coming in summer of 2013 based on Vita price drop?

FF10HD
Assassins Creed Liberation
Uncharted (Free on PSN Plus)
Soul Sacrifice
Phantasy Star Online
Wipeout
Killzone
Sly Cooper
LBP

Possible price drop and more games coming?

Theres nothing left for me to fight against. Damn you Sony.

Damn, I hope this sends the price of the Wifi model down a bottomless pit. I need DoA5+...

Nobody was impressed with Legend of heroes!? I now saw it in action my god!! hype level for that game is increasing to the max.

Price cut in 10 days. Great for senran kagura and PSO2, then a week after that Soul Sacrifice, and Tales of heart. Great strategy there Sony.
March is a great month for PSVITA in Japan.
Oh yeah Sony will announce the price drop for Vita worldwide in the 20th. XD