By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to broadcast new PSVita information today! >>COMPLETE AND UPDATED<<

If you could choose ONE big announcement for Vita:

Price Cut 87 51.79%

New Games 59 35.12%

New Model 14 8.33%

Other 7 4.17%

Total:167
Chark said:
Conegamer said:
So that's our fill? Aside from a 3G price drop to WiFi price, and more news on FFX HD, there wasn't all a lot in there which I could see which would help Vita in the long term, and even those two measures may not.

Still, a little is better than nothing, right?

Don't confuse the price drop. They got rid of the Wifi only model and dropped the price down below what the Wifi model was selling at. The conversion pins it at about $215, which is far below what the Japanese were paying for thier Vitas.

I thought they were going down to 19980 for both versions, right? I guess that is quite the reduction, though I recall it selling for this price over Christmas and in some retailers as deals anyway.

Still, it's quite nice and it's yet to be seen for how long this will increase sales for.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

The price drop is going to be big. Never expected them to drop both the 3g/wifi and wifi models to the same price, but I'm guessing they will eventually phase out the plain wifi model. The Ice Silver and Soul Sacrifice models look nice too. With the games lineup for the next couple months, plus all the future titles shown, we should see some good Vita movement coming out of Japan next month after that cut happens.

It's nice to know Dragon's Crown and FFXHD are still alive out there too.

Chark said:
tbone51 said:
So to make this clear Wifi only is being discontinued? Cuz why else would they sell both for $200?

I think Wifi only is being discontinued so all Vitas will come with 3G at that new price.

Well i guess this confirms no remodel. Also sucks they didn't mention price cuts for memory! Oh well. I have my 3DS and probably wanted to get psv around christmas, i'll wait and see for now!

Troll_Whisperer said:
Conegamer said:
So that's our fill? Aside from a 3G price drop to WiFi price, and more news on FFX HD, there wasn't all a lot in there which I could see which would help Vita in the long term, and even those two measures may not.

Still, a little is better than nothing, right?

The Wifi model was 25000, not 20000. The Wifi model has been discounted by 5000 and the 3G one by 10000.

I was merely looking at the live prices in Japan so went to Amazon:

The WiFi and 3G models are already unofficialy around that price it would seem, making the cut official really just stops them going back up.

After watching most of the video & and being a PSV owner, I'm going to say that I'm not expecting very much from any of those JRPGs. Dear lord, its like business men are making these games now. Much like Anime, the Japanese gaming industry has found some cookie cutter styles that they copy/pasted on the genre. Its like they take a poll from gamers how they want their characters do look like & be like. Yeah you can debate that its the customers demands that matter, but if creativity begin to suffer you get formulaic JRPGs/Anime like the ones shown in this video. I don't know what I want from Japan anymore, but I do know its none of that crap I saw there.

The UMD passport was interesting, but I wonder if its something the developer did so people could play their first God Eater. ergg. even the name sounds distasteful to me. I don't know, but maybe I'm growing up. Wait, that can't be because I still enjoyed Dragon's Dogma, & Dark Souls.

Around the Network

Well, this was inline with what I expected. I wanted to see more Sen no Kiseki though.

Chark said:
tbone51 said:
So to make this clear Wifi only is being discontinued? Cuz why else would they sell both for $200?

I think Wifi only is being discontinued so all Vitas will come with 3G at that new price.

It's more likely that the 3G one will be discontinued. The majority of bundles I can find are the wifi only ones, and in some stores they don't have the 3G version anymore.

Conegamer said:
Chark said:

Don't confuse the price drop. They got rid of the Wifi only model and dropped the price down below what the Wifi model was selling at. The conversion pins it at about $215, which is far below what the Japanese were paying for thier Vitas.

I thought they were going down to 19980 for both versions, right? I guess that is quite the reduction, though I recall it selling for this price over Christmas and in some retailers as deals anyway.

Still, it's quite nice and it's yet to be seen for how long this will increase sales for.

Yes and no. Wifi is discontinued it seems. 3G vitas are often referred to as 3G + Wifi, so some confusion right now. Vita will now only have one version that has 3G at the new 19980 Yen price. Probably $200 in the US. Expect wifi only models in the US to receive further sales to clear stock.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Vinniegambini said:

FFX HD :) OMG hype level reaching maximum levels for me! Vita purchase justified. Hopefully it comes to NA............

Edit: Did they reveal a release date in Japan. I didn't see it :(

Wow, thats a bit TOO excited isn't it?

I'm a big Final Fantasy fan :D

However, hype level is down :( ''Final Fantasy X HD is currently in development. The proper announcement for the game will be coming soon.'' Basically it's like FFVersus - In development

Chark said:
Conegamer said:
Chark said:

Yes and no. Wifi is discontinued it seems. 3G vitas are often referred to as 3G + Wifi, so some confusion right now. Vita will now only have one version that has 3G at the new 19980 Yen price. Probably $200 in the US. Expect wifi only models in the US to receive further sales to clear stock.

OK, I get ya now. If the deal comes over to the West then I guess with a couple big games like Tearaway it could do some good...