Mr Puggsly said:
Player1x3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Player1x3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Player1x3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Player1x3 said:

These threads and news about Playstation and recent sales must be obliterating you from inside out, huh?

No, but I'm sure Sony's struggles is obliterating you.

Yeah bro, i constantly go to MS/Nintendo threads and remind them WiiU is near dead and 360 is about to end up 3rd so i can sleep better at night

Hah, 360 is about to end up 3rd? Will it be year eight of the 360's life when that finally happens? Great job Sony!

Wii U isn't near dead, its not bleeding billions of dollars like the PS3 did.

Anyhow, I wasn't trashing Sony. I just pointed out a big reason why PS1 and PS2 had dominance of the market. If the best exclusives on PS3 are Sony IPs, its no wonder so many people migrated to the 360.

Haha, you really are one piece of work. Instead seeing my real point, your repressed hatred made you go after the 2 examples i pulled out of my ass because they put Sony above, and bring MS/Nintendo down in some way, even tho that wasn't my intention at all. Unbelievable. You just can't help yourself, can you?

It's over buddy, wake up. 2007 has passed long time ago, PS3 owns all the consoles now (including WiiU), it gets the most praised exclusives, has superior online, best graphics on consoles by far, and it's about to outsell 360 with all the possible disadvantages.  Sorry, but Sony is slowly gaining it's former glory

Don't play stupid, you made ridiculous comments and I responded to them.

You're turning this into a console war discussion. So in regards to this discussion, I'm gonna move along.

Wow...just wow

I didn't flat out bash Sony, but you went on the attack about Sony's competition with this... "WiiU is near dead and 360 is about to end up 3rd."

I'm also not babbling about what machines are superior, like this... "most praised exclusives, has superior online, best graphics on consoles by far..."

I'm gonna presume you're just oblivious to what you're doing. You're trying to start a console war discussion and don't even realize it.

You came into the thread about PS2 history and started flaming how Sony will never have a console like PS2 again because Sony's IP's are poor  ''If the best exclusives on PS3 are Sony IPs, its no wonder so many people migrated to the 360''  and now you're gonna say im the one who wanted to start a console war. The comment i made about 360/U was to reflect your attitude in all recent sony threads. You just can't stand anything good being said about Playstation anywhere. And that's the reason i quoted you, not just because of that specific post, but because you have history regarding the same types of posts in most recent sony threads 

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
platformmaster918 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Player1x3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Player1x3 said:

These threads and news about Playstation and recent sales must be obliterating you from inside out, huh?

Yeah bro, i constantly go to MS/Nintendo threads and remind them WiiU is near dead and 360 is about to end up 3rd so i can sleep better at night

Hah, 360 is about to end up 3rd? Will it be year eight of the 360's life when that finally happens? Great job Sony!

Anyhow, I wasn't trashing Sony. I just pointed out a big reason why PS1 and PS2 had dominance of the market. If the best exclusives on PS3 are Sony IPs, its no wonder so many people migrated to the 360.

Yeah cause a year's head start and being $200 more expensive didn't hurt at all.  Also until holiday 07 Sony really didn't have any big games other than Resistance while MS had released Gears and was releasing Halo against Ratchet (my favorite franchise ever but not big enough) and Uncharted 1 (not a super popular series until 2).  MS blew their load early in the gen and had the 2 biggest advantages you can have, no HD competitor and a lower price point.  Combine all those reasons with the fact that Wii launched the same holiday at under half the price of PS3 and you can see why they lost sales.

Even with all that PS3 sells at a higher pace than 360 and has yet to get a $200 model.  The only reason it is outselling 360 is either free online or exclusives...maybe both.  It's still more expensive so it's not price (other than if people factor in the aforementioned online fee).  It's just logical that one of these 2 things is selling PS3 faster than 360 and they aren't even the same price yet (or maybe ever).  I think it's been made clear by PS3, WiiU, and N64 that people aren't afraid to jump ship so all this talk of MS "gaining ground gen over gen" and how that will somehow factor into next gen is just strange for people to say.  Take away those big advantages and people can just as easily swing back to Nintendo or Sony.

$300 more expensive. The Xbox 360 core was $299.

Playstation is still a big name, still bigger than Xbox. Just not as big as it once was.

That's reasonable to say.  I don't think it will ever reach 70%, or even 60%, market share again.  Xbox has built up a big following in the 2 biggest markets and has one of the industry's biggest franchises as an exclusive.  However I think Sony is in the best position to have the best market share this gen.  They're ditching proprietary tech and most likely launching the same time around the same price, eliminating those HUGE advantages.  We know the games will come with that first party stable and given the time it's taken for studios including GG, ND (U3 team), Suckerpunch, MM, and SSM (new IP team) to come out with a game (none have made one since 2011 and some were early 2011) the next PS will have a lot of those exclusives ready in the first 6 months most likely (this is another advantage in mainstream tech).  I think we'll see the gap in Europe widen this gen and the gap in the UK and US shrink (though those markets are unpredicable as they've gone from Sony to Nintendo to MS since 05).  Japan is obviously not going to go in MS's favor so PS will always have that little boost.  I just hope Nintendo will be able to survive in the home console business.  We'll see if Wii was the exception or the trendsetter for them (I'm hoping it does well as I will pick one up once it gets MK, 3d Mario, Zelda, SSB, and DKC and is $200)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Player1x3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Player1x3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Player1x3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Player1x3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Player1x3 said:

Haha, you really are one piece of work. Instead seeing my real point, your repressed hatred made you go after the 2 examples i pulled out of my ass because they put Sony above, and bring MS/Nintendo down in some way, even tho that wasn't my intention at all. Unbelievable. You just can't help yourself, can you?

It's over buddy, wake up. 2007 has passed long time ago, PS3 owns all the consoles now (including WiiU), it gets the most praised exclusives, has superior online, best graphics on consoles by far, and it's about to outsell 360 with all the possible disadvantages.  Sorry, but Sony is slowly gaining it's former glory

Don't play stupid, you made ridiculous comments and I responded to them.

You're turning this into a console war discussion. So in regards to this discussion, I'm gonna move along.

Wow...just wow

I didn't flat out bash Sony, but you went on the attack about Sony's competition with this... "WiiU is near dead and 360 is about to end up 3rd."

I'm also not babbling about what machines are superior, like this... "most praised exclusives, has superior online, best graphics on consoles by far..."

I'm gonna presume you're just oblivious to what you're doing. You're trying to start a console war discussion and don't even realize it.

You came into the thread about PS2 history and started flaming how Sony will never have a console like PS2 again because Sony's IP's are poor  ''If the best exclusives on PS3 are Sony IPs, its no wonder so many people migrated to the 360''  and now you're gonna say im the one who wanted to start a console war. The comment i made about 360/U was to reflect your attitude in all recent sony threads. You just can't stand anything good being said about Playstation anywhere. And that's the reason i quoted you, not just because of that specific post, but because you have history regarding the same types of posts in most recent sony threads 

You know what's funny? Your example was my response to you saying this, "Yeah bro, i constantly go to MS/Nintendo threads and remind them WiiU is near dead and 360 is about to end up 3rd so i can sleep better at night."

You knew I would respond by pointing out struggles Sony has had. Good job, you trolled me and got what you wanted! You already showed your true colors, you're Sony fan in defense mode and trying to bring me to your level. But I'm not going to give you a console war discussion, so move along.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Attoyou said:

Yeah, but it wasn't a generation behind & it made up for its weakness by having a ton of games & BC with PS1 & a DVD player. Amazing system for its time. 

As an example, the Wii was BC to the cube and played netflix content.

Beauty is where you see it ;)

happydolphin said:
Attoyou said:

Yeah, but it wasn't a generation behind & it made up for its weakness by having a ton of games & BC with PS1 & a DVD player. Amazing system for its time. 

...And a gen behind in tech & lacked major 3rd party support as did the gamecube. 

Yeah, It really is where you see it.  

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
Attoyou said:

...And a gen behind in tech & lacked major 3rd party support as did the gamecube. 

Haha, I'm talking about before the PS2 was released and saw 3rd party support. I'm talking about when it launched with a lower spec to the xbox and cube, yet PS2 fans were all over it.

It just goes to show how the fans today who are all gaga over cutting edge are incredibly dependent on the direction Sony takes at any given time and lack that critical sense, in general. Well, to be fair most die-hard fans are like that, so there's no hard feelings there. There are just more dedicated to the Sony brand, because the Sony machine feeds off of that kind of loyalty.

happydolphin said:
Attoyou said:

It won't play Netflix on HD. PS2 was at DVD age so it was cutting edge at the time, now we are on HD times so anything less than that isn't an advantage.

torok said:

It won't play Netflix on HD. PS2 was at DVD age so it was cutting edge at the time, now we are on HD times so anything less than that isn't an advantage.

His point about DVD wasn't cutting edge, it was media functionality. DVDs were just more practical in every way than VHS.

So I gotta say no to that.

Deyon said:

That Eyetoy part was a pretty nice jab at Microsoft!

I didn't get any jab from that.

happydolphin said:
Attoyou said:

Haha, I'm talking about before the PS2 was released and saw 3rd party support. I'm talking about when it launched with a lower spec to the xbox and cube, yet PS2 fans were all over it.

It just goes to show how the fans today who are all gaga over cutting edge are incredibly dependent on the direction Sony takes at any given time and lack that critical sense, in general. Well, to be fair most die-hard fans are like that, so there's no hard feelings there. There are just more dedicated to the Sony brand, because the Sony machine feeds off of that kind of loyalty.

Yeah I know. And my point was that PS2 was not anything like Wii for its time, it was cutting edge as far as graphics and tech for a time. Nintendo fans went from championing graphics to graphics didn't matter (Seems graphics do matter if you have a look at any Wii U graphics thread over the last couple of years lol) Meanwhile I have yet to See a PS fan say anything like  "graphics dont matter" weakest system or not, since ps1. Anyways this is getting more and more off topic. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords