By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS2 the biggest thing since TV

platformmaster918 said:
gigantor21 said:
Cobretti2 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Cobretti2 said:
LOL sliced bread is the biggest epic fail ever. It isn't even real bread. Give me a traditional loaf that doesnt stick together like glue when pressed

Loaf fanboy.  Sliced at least came up with a new way to eat while loaves just use the same old things

The problem is not that it is sliced but rather for it to be that way they added all this other crap that shouldn't be in bread hencce why it is like glue rather than real bread. 

Please tell me you guys aren't fanboying over baked goods... XD

lol of course we're not being serious.  Well I'm not and judging by his language neither is he.

back to this though I use all the extras like sesame seeds and sandwich manking properties of slices.  You can't get a better multimedia...I mean multimeal experience than slice bread.  It's much more user friendly

Just checking. ;)

Also, sesame seeded slices are the best. Use those for ham-and-swiss, put them in the oven.... *drools*

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Around the Network
sub-zero-TM said:
OMG! MS copied eyetoy!?!?!? hahaha ohh and nintendo was first to innovate and do stuff with motion gaming you say? NOT!!!!!!

exactly.  Every time a MS gamer gets all uppity about Kinect I whip out my phone and show them an eyetoy video and it shuts them right up lol.  Also anyone who thinks Wii was the biggest thing in gaming history should be shown this video.  PS2 was the proudest time for me to be a gamer the hype was unreal and every news outlet that had acted like gaming was this weird thing on the edge of society (aka all of them) had to shut their mouths and watch the crowds.  The best part about these videos is no grandmas and 3 year olds.  It was all core (with some movie enthusiasts) gamers and it surpassed even that unprecedented hype.  Just like many game franchises have their most beloved games being the second I'm not sure if anything could ever surpass PS2 in hype, staying power, and sheer awesomeness.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

pokoko said:
It was a big deal, no doubt about it. I think that marked the first time you had a very significant number of adult gamers who did not feel uncomfortable about owning a console for themselves. The PS2 had that kind of vibe.

In other words: it brought videogames to the real mass market, everybody started playing and it was the big rise of polished entertainment like Hollywood.

Actually, a very sad thing that has happened to the videogame industry after music and movies were taken over.

And I like how people tend to never mention that around 1500 of the 2000 PS2 games are pretty bad shovelware but other consoles are always worse ..

platformmaster918 said:
sub-zero-TM said:
OMG! MS copied eyetoy!?!?!? hahaha ohh and nintendo was first to innovate and do stuff with motion gaming you say? NOT!!!!!!

exactly.  Every time a MS gamer gets all uppity about Kinect I whip out my phone and show them an eyetoy video and it shuts them right up lol.  Also anyone who thinks Wii was the biggest thing in gaming history should be shown this video.  PS2 was the proudest time for me to be a gamer the hype was unreal and every news outlet that had acted like gaming was this weird thing on the edge of society (aka all of them) had to shut their mouths and watch the crowds.  The best part about these videos is no grandmas and 3 year olds.  It was all core (with some movie enthusiasts) gamers and it surpassed even that unprecedented hype.  Just like many game franchises have their most beloved games being the second I'm not sure if anything could ever surpass PS2 in hype, staying power, and sheer awesomeness.

I agree. Although Wii was bigger in its prime than the PS2 was. It just lacked staying power.

platformmaster918 said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Seriously dude i didn't know that! that's awesome ! people today are so stupid and ignorant and i'm gonna shove this video in their faces when they start acting like Kinect is a big deal and saying that Nintendo always innovate! :D

Around the Network
newwil7l said:
platformmaster918 said:
sub-zero-TM said:

I agree. Although Wii was bigger in its prime than the PS2 was. It just lacked staying power.

Wii was admirable but one thing I don't think any console will match PS2 in is software.  1.6 BILLION units is just gonna be hard to match.  I mean no other console has even gotten past 1 billion and PSone is the next closest with 900 and something.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Ostro said:
pokoko said:
It was a big deal, no doubt about it. I think that marked the first time you had a very significant number of adult gamers who did not feel uncomfortable about owning a console for themselves. The PS2 had that kind of vibe.

In other words: it brought videogames to the real mass market, everybody started playing and it was the big rise of polished entertainment like Hollywood.

Actually, a very sad thing that has happened to the videogame industry after music and movies were taken over.

And I like how people tend to never mention that around 1500 of the 2000 PS2 games are pretty bad shovelware but other consoles are always worse ..

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I disagree completely.  I found both the NES and SNES to be mostly shallow experiences.  I owned both but outside Zelda, FF6, and a few others, most games failed to capture my imagination and were just ways to kill time.  Reading was my real hobby at that point because it gave me complex characters and interesting storylines.

You can use the canned "Hollywood" insult if you like, but I liken it to more novels, with advanced storytelling, relatable concepts, and an experience that keeps me engaged.  In my opinion, it marked the arrival of depth in gaming on a much larger scale.

Shame I wasn't old enough to remember how big the Ps2 actually was

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

platformmaster918 said:
VGKing said:
Deyon said:
That Eyetoy part was a pretty nice jab at Microsoft!

No, it really wasn't...but those who think Microsoft inventented controller-less camera gaming probably got some history lessons :D

exactly.  Of course they didn't mention the most staggering number to me.  1.6 BILLION units of software sold to date.  Considering no other system has even gotten to 1 billion that is incredible.

Also I am going to love showing this video to everyone who thinks Wii is the biggest launch ever.  PS2 is the biggest and baddest game console ever and only just got discontinued in Japan.  It's probably close to 160 million if you do the math on their combined numbers and I'm not sure if we'll ever see another console as dominant...then again the PS4 is coming soon...oh so soon Sony shall rise again.

Maybe Xbox 360 will sell a billion games if you include digital downloads. The market has changed.

A Sony machine will never dominate the market like that again. Sony lost a lot of ground with the PS3. Also, the biggest advantage PS1 and PS2 had over the competition was tons of exclusive support. PS3 didn't have that and neighter will PS4.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Proprietary format garbage. Hardcores are all about crafting the unique user experience.

I want a thin slice for spreading some jam on an rolling over - it's there.

I want two thick slices for a monster steak sandwich - I can do that too.

From the same loaf!

Ask yourself - do I want the prepackaged, canned experience provided by my corporate overlords - or do I want a fully customizable user focused experience?

Search yourself - you know this to be true.

Slice the bread - YOUR WAY.