By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 9th February 2013 (Global Software added)

tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
tbone51 said:
Fire Emblem should be #1, Shipments are sold out, demand is high,digital sales are huge! This game probably did around 350k

What are you talking about? Even if it did do 350k it doesn't matter. Dead Space 3 on 360 did 385k and that is below Dragon Quest VII with 836k. 
VgChartz doesn't track digital in case you still didn't figure that out. Even if they did, digital sales wouldn't be anywhere near 150k.

1 i meant it sarcastic cuz i know DQ7 came out, and two The digital sales for the game is alot. Its ranked #9 of all time (US) of the most downloaded software on the eshop in just two weeks (Canada #7 or better). I knew vgc dont count digitaland thats why FE is over 300k! If you estimate a percentage and multiply a review of an eshop title then you'd kno Fire Emblem at least sold 100k digital but around 140k-180k. Trust me.

LMFAO! So you think that a #9 Eshop title sold 150k in the US while here at VGchartz retail trackign we have the #9 US game selling only barely 17k? LOL

Around the Network
VGKing said:
tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
tbone51 said:
Fire Emblem should be #1, Shipments are sold out, demand is high,digital sales are huge! This game probably did around 350k

What are you talking about? Even if it did do 350k it doesn't matter. Dead Space 3 on 360 did 385k and that is below Dragon Quest VII with 836k. 
VgChartz doesn't track digital in case you still didn't figure that out. Even if they did, digital sales wouldn't be anywhere near 150k.

1 i meant it sarcastic cuz i know DQ7 came out, and two The digital sales for the game is alot. Its ranked #9 of all time (US) of the most downloaded software on the eshop in just two weeks (Canada #7 or better). I knew vgc dont count digitaland thats why FE is over 300k! If you estimate a percentage and multiply a review of an eshop title then you'd kno Fire Emblem at least sold 100k digital but around 140k-180k. Trust me.

LMFAO! So you think that a #9 Eshop title sold 150k in the US while here at VGchartz retail trackign we have the #9 US game selling only barely 17k? LOL

i knew you say something like that i was waiting! Now for the fun part, your gonna tell me how much FE sold without even thinking about it. Answer me this VGking, to the best of your knowledge, how much percent of people (just estimate) take out of their time and click on/do a review for the game? (meaning if 100 people bought a game, just how many of those people actually give a chance a click to review the game they purchase? 5,10,40? Lets also remember that kids play games). Answer this 1 Q. and i'll prove that im right! Go ahead, then we'll see who LMFAO

VGKing said:
tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
tbone51 said:

i have no clue about those sales but he said #9 of all time and you compare it with the #9 of one week. i don't think it works like that

crissindahouse said:
VGKing said:
tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
tbone51 said:

i have no clue about those sales but he said #9 of all time and you compare it with the #9 of one week. i don't think it works like that

he doesn't understand where im coming at. I said the digital sales are over 100k, he thinks only 17k. Do you understand why i said it has to be over 100k in digital sales?

tbone51 said:
crissindahouse said:
VGKing said:

he doesn't understand where im coming at. I said the digital sales are over 100k, he thinks only 17k. Do you understand why i said it has to be over 100k in digital sales?

i think you both understood each other wrong but maybe i'm the one who understands everything wrong haha.

he doesn't think it sold 17k in the eshop, he said even the 9th best selling game at retail sold only 17k and it can't have 150k digital sales as #9 in the eshop then. but you said #9 of all time and not #9 of that week so he probably understood you wrong.

and yes i think i know what you mean, the game has a big amount of user ratings in the eshop from people who bought it digital and since not everyone who buys a game gives it a rating the sales have to be even higher and have to be minimum 100k digital. 

i can't really say something about that because i don't know the number of ratings and i also don't know the formula to get sales numbers from that.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

20% down YoY is not "great", and if it continues, would put it at around 3 mil less than your prediction which you linked yesterday.

I have a plan

Price cut... GoW, TLoU, Beyond, GTA, BioShock, CoD, FIFA, etc.

Because clearly games are boosting sales so far. Dead Space 3 didn't stop it from falling. I know it ain't huge, but it's bigger that Beyond probably and around the same as Bioshock no doubt. And CoD/FIFA happen every year, so surely it'll have helped last year as much as this one?

Considering the highest selling Dead Space game is the original on PS3, and it still sold considerably less than Heavy Rain, I wouldn't bet that it's any bigger than 3EYOND on the system (quite the opposite, in fact).

I don't think the Dead Space 2 sales are correct at this site, because they were tracking 2 million total to 1.4 million about 10 months after release. And all other statements by EA since then was that DS2 outdid DS1.. (granted maybe it went batshit on PC or 360).

However, I agree that 3EYOND is a bigger game on the PS3 regardless.

A small percentage of people who buy a game end up rating it in these online stores. But Fire Emblem is a core game so I'd expect it to have a higher number of people rating it than others. That being said, there is no formula that states how many reviews are made per sale. Anything you say or think is pure speculation. Wishful thinking. So here's my question, does Fire Emblem have 150k ratings on the eShop?

VGKing said:
 A small percentage of people who buy a game end up rating it in these online stores. But Fire Emblem is a core game so I'd expect it to have a higher number of people rating it than others. That being said, there is no formula that states how many reviews are made per sale. Anything you say or think is pure speculation. Wishful thinking. So here's my question, does Fire Emblem have 150k ratings on the eShop?

It has over 2,000 ratings on the eShop. Ratings =/= Sales however. A game like Angry Birds Trilogy sold nearly half a million on 3DS (NPD data), but only has 5,000 reviews submitted on the eShop. 

Check my thread for a sales prediction of what I think the numbers are: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=154705&page=1#

Min: 50k

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Yakuzaice said:

Wii U/Vita aligned launch comparison

US week 12
Wii U: 8,795
Vita: 13,154

Europe week 11
Wii U: 8,013
Vita: 18,875

Japan week 10
Wii U: 11,652
Vita: 11,510

Total
Wii U: 28,460
Vita: 43,539

Wii U manages to scrape by this week in Japan, but the Vita is 53% higher across the three regions.

Damn! Vita wiping the floor with Wii U! ;)

The brothers in doom are doing so bad :( I'm not affraid for the Wii U, it'll manage to repeat the GCN numbers eventually, when 1st party games get released, but I'm starting to get worried about the Vita. The 3rd parties seem to be shifting towards 3DS, which is really short-sighted and detrimental to the industry. I mean, I know that this week DQ has erupted, but just last week with both consoles getting nothing we has 30 million 3DS gamers buying 464,793 games, while 4 million Vita gamers bought 125,025 games. The numbers were simmilar in the weeks before. 3rd parties should be interested in developing a market where gamers buy more games per capita and especially more 3rd party games (let's face it - most of the 464k were Nintendo games).

Vita will be getting some stuff this year, mainly in Japan, but will it be enough? I'm not sure if Sony is capable of fending off MS on the home console market, while making awesome games on Vita without the help of the 3rd parties. Especially since so far Sony hasn't been showing any interest in bringing big time RPGs to the console, even though they do own a few great IPs in the genre. I'm just hoping that Soul Sacrifice and Tales of Hearts R do something in Japan, while Killzone gets the West going and that the console reaches 8-9 million total consoles sold after this year, which would hopefully be enough for the 3rd parties to start developing games for it.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

50k still seems too high, at least for week 1. Unless Nintendo gives us digital sales, it's all just speculation.