By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leaked Pic Of PS4 Controller (Dev Kit) ??

Chark said:
JoeTheBro said:
This is a controlled leak!

Sony has been testing many different designs for the controller and this is one that didn't make the cut. Most of the reactions to this are negative and that's what Sony wants. On the 20th they'll reveal the real thing and won't have to worry about people having too much hype for the controller.

Are you just guessing? I'd reallly like something close to this design.

Educated guess. The picture is way too clean for it to be an employee worried about getting in trouble. The whole studio would look at the picture and think "that's from our office." In addition many sources are confirming it as a real prototype but are saying it's old and only one of many designs. Add in that the blue bar on top is pointless beyond a simple LED and you can see why I'm thinking this.

Around the Network

Nintendo is definitely first with so many of these additions though ... speaker on the controller seems like the next thing to go standard. Credit where credit is due.

Roma gonna hate because he is Roma. 

Lol, quoted the wrong text bunch.

Soundwave said:

Nintendo is definitely first with so many of these additions though ... speaker on the controller seems like the next thing to go standard. Credit where credit is due.

While not standard _on_ the controller the standard Dreamcast controller accessory had a speaker and a screen.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

pezus said:
Roma said:
VGKing said:
Roma said:
innovacio at it's finest!

great job Sony!

Ridiculous. Who are you accusing Sony of copying now?

This controller concept is unlike anything on the Wii, Wii U or Xbox 360. 

lol why are people accusing me of thinking that they copied somebody?

are you guys that upset or something?

they didn't copy Nintendo I just don't think the innovation of a touch pad is innovation at all. will it work like a laptop or something?

Nobody is saying this was "innovative". Functionality is all we care about. This innovation crap has to stop to be honest. EVERYONE gets ideas from other companies, and that includes Nintendo.

Roma gonna hate because he is Roma. In other words, Sony gives him a free PS4, games, and free PlayStation services and he would claim that Nintendo innovated giving prizes away before Sony. 

Around the Network

i like it, i like how the analog sticks are more like the xbox ones, but i hope the D-pad isnt like that and more like the dual shock 3.

The casing most likely won't be the final product, but I think the functional parts of the controller will be. I like it.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

They outsourced the controller to Fisher-Price?

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Touch pad could be good for multimedia. Scrolling through pages/menus and such. Other than that, meh.

It needs bulk.

looks really clunky tbh i hope that's just a protoype