By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy is getting really repetitive.

That's why it is the Game of the Year

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network

I love how people are giving it this criticism. "I've done absolutely everything in the game and I'm playing it over right a way a second time with Luigi" And yeah, It's not the greatest."

How often do you go for 100% game completion and celebrate it with a second playthrough?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

^i know they most likely dont own it and are saying it for nothing or they just really like it but dont want to admit it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I've completed the game 100% twice. I'm on my 3rd file. Still an awesome, very fun game. ^_^

man youre lucky i still cant find it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

if you really thing that super mario galaxy is repeatitive you should stop playing video games...... : P

i got all 120, and it's the best game i have ever played!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

azrm2k said:
Sqrl said:

pssst, everyone is biased towards their own opinions...thats sorta how it works

Everyone stands by their opinions yes but some have more shall we say "skewed/ignorant" opinions than others.

Plus the most important thing is fun factor and SMG has none of that.

^ Griffin in another thread. SMG a game which by now has become the 2nd highest ranked game of all time and whose lowest score recorded on GR/Metacritic is a measly 90 even though it doesn't have HD graphics isn't fun at all apparently.

How is my opinion skewed/ignorant, i good game is a good game no matter the system its on.  R&C on the PS3 is just a much better game for me, i beat the game about 4times its just that much fun.  Having better graphics in a game is a plus, but it in no way has any effect on how much i like a game.  My buddy who owns the system and SMG has over 100 stars and he only rates it a 7.5 the same score he gives Halo3, while he gives bioshock a 10/10. 

Everyone has their opinion, and not everyone likes the game.  The fact that its rated the highest game ever just shows you how blind some gamers are and the fact that they over look all the flaws the game has.  

I could also say the same thing about the orange box, HL2 and its episodes are just average games aswell, they are nothing special, HL2 was infact very boring, Ep1 and Ep2 are better but not by much.  Portal is average aswell, its nothing special.

stof said:
I love how people are giving it this criticism. "I've done absolutely everything in the game and I'm playing it over right a way a second time with Luigi" And yeah, It's not the greatest."

How often do you go for 100% game completion and celebrate it with a second playthrough?

I don't consider beating the game with just Mario to be 100% completion. They genuinely throw in things to make some levels harder for Luigi, it's not just that the character himself is more challenging to control.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Griffin said:

The fact that its rated the highest game ever just shows you how blind some gamers are and the fact that they over look all the flaws the game has

Nah, if they had overlooked it's flaws, the game would have perfect 100's everywhere

And come on people, don't get too harsh on Griffin. He's a Sony fanboy, he's not supposed to like a Nintendo game and there is no way you can change his opinion on it even when he is mostly wrong.

I don't want to say it gets boring, but it seems to lose some of its luster once you beat the game with 60 stars, since all the levels have already been unlocked and explored, and the game becomes more of a fetch quest after 60 stars, where you just go back to previous levels and get the stars you missed. Don't get me wrong, the game is still a blast to play, but it lacks the novelty of the journey to 60 stars. Though I could just be speaking out of frusteration because some of the later stars can be a bitch to get.