By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy is getting really repetitive.

supermario128 said:
SMG is retarded, I now have 50 stars with Luigi and its the same as mario.
Is this an attempt at a rol joke?

Around the Network
Griffin said:
mr-money said:
i got bored after around 30 stars

I'm with Mr money on this one, plus i found the camera and the controls not very good, but i'm glad your havng fun stof.

Didn't get that far but got bored of it as well.

Sqrl said:

pssst, everyone is biased towards their own opinions...thats sorta how it works

Everyone stands by their opinions yes but some have more shall we say "skewed/ignorant" opinions than others.

Plus the most important thing is fun factor and SMG has none of that.

^ Griffin in another thread.  SMG a game which by now has become the 2nd highest ranked game of all time and whose lowest score recorded on GR/Metacritic is a measly 90 even though it doesn't have HD graphics isn't fun at all apparently.

Once you finish 120 stars with Mario you feel kind of down... it's like you know you won't be able to have as much fun again.

stof said:

I'm sick of being forced to joyfully pump my fists in the air to mimick Mario everytime he gets a star.

I thought I was the only one that did that.

Around the Network
Auron said:
Griffin said:
mr-money said:
i got bored after around 30 stars

I'm with Mr money on this one, plus i found the camera and the controls not very good, but i'm glad your havng fun stof.

Didn't get that far but got bored of it as well.

Same here, well actually first I got motion sick but once I took care of that I quickly became underwhelmed. After playing a bit more Mario 64 I realized that Galaxy feels so linear in comparison.

Played on a friends Wii with this game. And indeed this game got highly repetitive. I got 15 stars in about 2 hours playing the game. Enjoyed it and with some help from my friend, but after awhile I did not get any type of accomplishment.

But thats with all games, you start to find a downfall in it and in Super Mario Galaxy just getting stars starts to really get to the gamer. Some that posted actually don't have problems but others have problems. I also think your attention span to the game is actually kinda low compared to others. I think you find other things to do and can easily forget about Galaxy and play something else.

I gave up after about 190 stars. That darn unlockable guy is difficult to control.

stof said:

68 stars in and SMG is still the exact same thing every single galaxy. choose a place to go, go there, and be completely blown away by how f'ing awsome it is!

I mean really Nintendo! This much utter amazement is starting to get on my nerves! Give me a break already. For a second I started to get a glimmer of hope in the red leaf galaxy, but then BAM! The Toy Galaxy is tear inducingly mesmerizing. Would it kill you to mix up the game a bit with a slight bit of tedium? Because quite frankly, I'm sick of being forced to joyfully pump my fists in the air to mimick Mario everytime he gets a star. I'm getting pretty damn tired of humming half the songs all day too.

And why all the new stuff!? Just once I want to be able to think "This is probably the end of the new stuff" But no. Flying Mario!? That's just bloody fantastic! Argh. I'm really pissed that Nintendo would assault my sense of awe and wonder like this. It's unrelenting. And if it doesn't stop, I don't know what it will do to my psyche when The game is done and I'm forced to play normal video games instead.

Discuss.

I know consistent excellent and amazement is its own form of tedium, but if you hang in there, you can do it all over again with... someone else.... and it should be much more predictable the second time through.

Super Mario Galaxy makes my other games seem so crappy in comparison.

So why did they call it the 360?because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away- some guy on Gamespot