By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is this what the World thinks a majority of Americans are like?

sethnintendo said:
badgenome said:
sethnintendo said:

Just go to Walmart during busy hours and count how many fat asses that are blocking your path, walking incredibly slow, or in scooters due to being too overweight.

I'm American and so I never learned how to count that high.

This might help unless you can't read.  If so then I suggest this.

Pretty sure that top book is Accounting for dummies, not counting

Which most american's need, because for some reason we don't teach essential things needed in life in high school.  

Around the Network
irstupid said:

Which most american's need, because for some reason we don't teach essential things needed in life in high school.  

You saw right through the sticker!  You should change your name to irsmart.

sethnintendo said:
irstupid said:

You saw right through the sticker!  You should change your name to irsmart.

ha, well you can see a partial letter there.

Plus just look lower and it says "covers financial reporting standards for publice and private companies"

Pretty sure we don't teach kids that in elementary along with counting.

sethnintendo said:

Perhaps that is for contract workers.  My contract company only gives paid holidays after 1200 hours worked (includes overtime)  Right when I almost accumulated 1200 for paid holidays they laid me off and I started at 0 again when they hired me back on.  You have to get 1800 or 2000 hours (doesn't include overtime) for a 1 week paid vacation.  When I was laid off that total went back to 0 again.

Remember the lonely contract worker!!! We get fucked in the ass every day!  At least I have a job but that isn't saying too much.

Contractors are pretty much in the same boat everywhere. Contractors also tend to get a higher wage than their permenant staff member equivalent, in part because of the lack of holiday pay.

Yep thats the United States !

Around the Network

WhatEVER guys. If other countries had as much quality televised entertainment as the United States, they'd be watching 8 hours a day too. 

SamuelRSmith said:
sethnintendo said:

Perhaps that is for contract workers.  My contract company only gives paid holidays after 1200 hours worked (includes overtime)  Right when I almost accumulated 1200 for paid holidays they laid me off and I started at 0 again when they hired me back on.  You have to get 1800 or 2000 hours (doesn't include overtime) for a 1 week paid vacation.  When I was laid off that total went back to 0 again.

Remember the lonely contract worker!!! We get fucked in the ass every day!  At least I have a job but that isn't saying too much.

Contractors are pretty much in the same boat everywhere. Contractors also tend to get a higher wage than their permenant staff member equivalent, in part because of the lack of holiday pay.

Yea, I know what you are talking about.  I worked contract (SMX) for Jabil and was making 10.50 and when they wanted to hire me on at 9.50 I told them no.  They looked at me surprised saying that it was a privileged to be hired on.  I told them that I already lived pay check to pay check and that I couldn't take a dollar wage reduction per hour for holiday pay and paid time off (they closed down the Round Rock plant anyways after 5-6 months of offer).  I believe Flextronics/Aerotek (where I work now as an Aerotek contract worker) they might give a wage increase with benefits now.  They perhaps did the same bullshit Jabil tried to pull before.  You have to pay for all other benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc) so the only real benefit you get is paid time off and paid holidays.  Everything else you have to still pay for under most manufacturers (unless they are better than Jabil and Flextronics which isn't hard to acheive).

Haha! No, but we are aware that TV companies enjoy making entertainment out of the strangest folks around. I know quite a few people from the US but none of them are like that at all.

I do think that American TV has hit an all time low though, there is a crazy amount of shitty shows emerging now, especially in the "reality" department.

I live in 'MURIKA and I can confirm that that is exactly what americans (I'm a legal resident, waiting about 5 years for citizenship) look like.

In all seriousness, I don't see how anybody can watch this and not feel disgusted and mortified for the fate of those "things" on TV.I stopped watching TV on a regular basis and when i have the TV on, I usually have either CNN or adult swim. I also watch a few shows such as The Walking Dead and Face off. I can honestly say that it opens your eyes to how we, as people, are deteriorating and wasting away. We believe everything at face value and we enjoy crude entertainment rather than informative entertainment. Not everybody has to grow up to be a rocket scientists but goddamn.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Honey boo boo is what is wrong with society today. I weep for the future.