By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is this what the World thinks a majority of Americans are like?

Jesus fucking shit.

Around the Network

And this is why we have some stupid shows - need to fill slots with content for a populace that watches entirely too much television.

dsgrue3 said:

And this is why we have some stupid shows - need to fill slots with content for a populace that watches entirely too much television.

As someone who has lived for the last 8 years without watching practically any TV (my TV isn't connected to the antenna), these results surprise me a lot. I find TV so unbearably boring.

I wonder why Americas watch so much more TV though, it's really odd that they are so far above the average. Though the other averages surprise me too.

8h a day sleeping, 8h working, 8h watching TV. It's fucked up.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

When I lived in Texas I was surprised to see how much it WAS like TV stereotype. There were sane people, but they were few in number (and, specifically, from out of state or Jewish or Mexican)

YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF AMERICA.

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:

I average probably about 1-2 hours  week if that on most weeks.  The only shows i ever watch is The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and The Big Bang Theory.  Different times of the year as well.

Also the state I live in has around 35% obesity which is absolutely pathetic so i understand people judging america because i judge my own state.

I don't think most people from other countries think most Americans are like that, but they tend to believe that (for some reason) there are far more uneducated and trashy people in the United States than there are in similarly developed nations. I think there is some truth to that, but I think this is caused by America being fairly unique in that it celebrates its trashy side; and this (of course) makes it higher profile and more acceptable than it is in other countries.

8h per day? Is that for realz? oO

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

JayWood2010 said:

I average probably about 1-2 hours  week if that on most weeks.  The only shows i ever watch is The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and The Big Bang Theory.  Different times of the year as well.

Also the state I live in has around 35% obesity which is absolutely pathetic so i understand people judging america because i judge my own state.

I do wonder how they measure time watching TV in that study though ...

I know many people who use the TV/radio as background noise because they have difficulty focusing on what they're doing in complete silence; and if you're programming with the TV on are you really watching TV?

HappySqurriel said:
JayWood2010 said:

I do wonder how they measure time watching TV in that study though ...

I know many people who use the TV/radio as background noise because they have difficulty focusing on what they're doing in complete silence; and if you're programming with the TV on are you really watching TV?

That is true.  When I was younger I use to watch T.V until i fell asleep as well.