By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Destructoid Blog: "Is Wii U's Touch Screen Controller a Red Herring Hiding a Deeper Strategy?"

Tachikoma said:
Dr.Grass said:
Bejezus - what a load of horse-shit.

I mean, honestly - are those arguments!?

I wish I could take this guy on in a 1-on-1 public (live!) debate.

Can we set this up somehow, irc, live chat someplace? i'd love to watch.

I'd love to do it. But it'll never happen. Unless you flare up his ego first.

Around the Network
Ouroboros24 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Bejezus - what a load of horse-shit.

I mean, honestly - are those arguments!?

I wish I could take this guy on in a 1-on-1 public (live!) debate.

You can?  Well by all means, let's hear some of your counterpoints here on this forum. 

If you can.

I've wasted enough time typing out arguments in these forums. They are rarely - if ever appreciated.

Man the arguments in that article are so stupid it's beyond imagination, i could counter every of his arguments with atleast 5 of my own, but i need only one:

The Wii-U is not like the Wii, the Wii didn't sell because it was technically outdated it sold alot because of the engaging motion controls. The Wii-U doesn't have that. The Wii was the exception, not the rule.

Also the Wii was doing over 200k a week at this point in it's lifetime, Wii-U is doing just over 30k...

P.S. I laughed out loud at the part of ''everyone is obsessed with the tablet controller''. Sounds to me the guy used all his savings to buy a Wii-U and is now in denial the fact that it won't get as many 3rd party games as he wanted.

No, its not. The controller is exactly what it appears; a hasty makeshift gimmick that was a poor decision. They should have stuck with the Wii-mote, a refined Wii-mote beats all the touchscreen controls in the world.

I thought and still think the Wii U price is fine. Wii U suffers form the same thing the Vita does imo... Games

Many launch games were games that also appeared on other consoles, or special editions of games that had already been out on other consoles. Why would you buy a Wii U to play Need for Speed, Mass Effect, or Arkham City when you already played and/or owned them for your 360/PS3?

No the Wii U will most likely not outsell the Wii, but it doesn't have too. Pretty sure the Wii U will be just fine

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
I've wasted enough time typing out arguments in these forums. They are rarely - if ever appreciated.

And yet, you're happy to waste time saying so, not to mention reading through the blog post in the first place and asserting its errancy.

Aielyn said:
Dr.Grass said:

And yet, you're happy to waste time saying so, not to mention reading through the blog post in the first place and asserting its errancy.

Like he said:

AnthonyW86 said:
Man the arguments in that article are so stupid it's beyond imagination, i could counter every of his arguments with atleast 5 of my own(...)

- 3 seconds typing 1 sentance vs 15 mins of arguing properly... Yeah, ok.

- And I do speed reading. It takes me a minute to read about 900 words.

Some pieces of writing are self-evidently trash. I don't feel the need to adress such obviously faulty 'arguments'. Also, you need a stronger word than errancy to describe the brainless hogwash that is the article in question.

Dr.Grass said:
Like he said:

AnthonyW86 said:
Man the arguments in that article are so stupid it's beyond imagination, i could counter every of his arguments with atleast 5 of my own(...)

Some pieces of writing are self-evidently trash. I don't feel the need to adress such obviously faulty 'arguments'. Also, you need a stronger word than errancy to describe the brainless hogwash that is the article in question.

Wow, you certainly don't seem to lack enough time to respond to people. And for the record, if it was so obviously faulty, it would take you very little time to put forward one clear-cut and undoubtable example of a fault. It shouldn't take 15 minutes of detailed arguments.

Aielyn said:
Dr.Grass said:
Like he said:

AnthonyW86 said:

Wow, you certainly don't seem to lack enough time to respond to people. And for the record, if it was so obviously faulty, it would take you very little time to put forward one clear-cut and undoubtable example of a fault. It shouldn't take 15 minutes of detailed arguments.

How about this; You're the only one oblivious to the pertinent ridiculousness of the article. It's not that I don't have time, it's just that I don't want to waste it on you. YOU wouldn't appreciate proper arguments.

And I can say that unequivocally, since you clearly can't spot a flaming turd when it's right in your face. The article is a piece of shit - deal with it.

People here are forgetting all the big projects that Nintendo announced for the WiiU on that Nintendo Direct some weeks ago....
The system will have a new Mario 3D, Super Smash Brothers, two Zelda games (a remake and a new), Mario Kart, a new Yoshi´s Island, a new Monster Hunter is on the way, as well as the new Pikmin and some good, although few, third-party exclusive projects, like Wonderful 101 and Lego Cities. Bayonetta 2 will be exclusive. The high-anticipated Watch Dogs will be coming to WiiU. Heck.... we even don´t have an idea of what Retro is working - a new Metroid or a new Starfox, maybe ?

See, I just think that Nintendo has a lot of projects going on right now for the system, that when they´re ready fans will buy them like crazy, and we all know the high standards of quality that Nintendo demands from their teams. I doubt that WiiU will be a failure, but it clearly won´t be as successful as the Wii.

The low sales of the WiiU and the Vita aren´t just about the system itselves. We must notice that for a few years the videogame market has been decreasing, and this tendency will continue for some years, converting in a niche market again, before sales get regular numbers again. Even the new consoles will suffer from this lack on interest from consumers that are flocking to tablets and smartphones.