By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Destructoid Blog: "Is Wii U's Touch Screen Controller a Red Herring Hiding a Deeper Strategy?"

Dr.Grass said:
How about this; You're the only one oblivious to the pertinent ridiculousness of the article. It's not that I don't have time, it's just that I don't want to waste it on you. YOU wouldn't appreciate proper arguments.

And I can say that unequivocally, since you clearly can't spot a flaming turd when it's right in your face. The article is a piece of shit - deal with it.

Ad hominem, Argumentum ad populum, and Appeal to Ridicule. You're on a roll. To be honest, I'm surprised that you haven't evoked the Psychogenetic Fallacy, yet.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Dr.Grass said:
How about this; You're the only one oblivious to the pertinent ridiculousness of the article. It's not that I don't have time, it's just that I don't want to waste it on you. YOU wouldn't appreciate proper arguments.

And I can say that unequivocally, since you clearly can't spot a flaming turd when it's right in your face. The article is a piece of shit - deal with it..

Ad hominem, Argumentum ad populum, and Appeal to Ridicule. You're on a roll. To be honest, I'm surprised that you haven't evoked the Psychogenetic Fallacy, yet.

What on earth are you attempting to do here!?

Ad hominem: NO ARGUMENT was made by you, hence Ad hominem CANNOT APPLY.

Argumentum ad populum: The lowest common denominator here is common sense. Something that seems to be in short supply for a person groping at such lofty terms.

Appeal to Ridicule: Yes, that's exactly what I am doing. The article is ridiculous.

You think you're better in logic than me because you know a few terms? And you think that classifying a statement into one of these broad categories IMPLIES ANYTHING AT ALL about whether or not the statement holds logically!?

Rogerioandrade said:
People here are forgetting all the big projects that Nintendo announced for the WiiU on that Nintendo Direct some weeks ago....
The system will have a new Mario 3D, Super Smash Brothers, two Zelda games (a remake and a new), Mario Kart, a new Yoshi´s Island, a new Monster Hunter is on the way, as well as the new Pikmin and some good, although few, third-party exclusive projects, like Wonderful 101 and Lego Cities. Bayonetta 2 will be exclusive. The high-anticipated Watch Dogs will be coming to WiiU. Heck.... we even don´t have an idea of what Retro is working - a new Metroid or a new Starfox, maybe ?

See, I just think that Nintendo has a lot of projects going on right now for the system, that when they´re ready fans will buy them like crazy, and we all know the high standards of quality that Nintendo demands from their teams. I doubt that WiiU will be a failure, but it clearly won´t be as successful as the Wii.

The low sales of the WiiU and the Vita aren´t just about the system itselves. We must notice that for a few years the videogame market has been decreasing, and this tendency will continue for some years, converting in a niche market again, before sales get regular numbers again. Even the new consoles will suffer from this lack on interest from consumers that are flocking to tablets and smartphones.

The gamecube had all those big projects and it didn't turn things around completely. It needed a price cut to $99 to sell ''okay''.

Dr.Grass said:

What on earth are you attempting to do here!?

Ad hominem: NO ARGUMENT was made by you, hence Ad hominem CANNOT APPLY.

Argumentum ad populum: The lowest common denominator here is common sense. Something that seems to be in short supply for a person groping at such lofty terms.

Appeal to Ridicule: Yes, that's exactly what I am doing. The article is ridiculous.

You think you're better in logic than me because you know a few terms? And you think that classifying a statement into one of these broad categories IMPLIES ANYTHING AT ALL about whether or not the statement holds logically!?

You honestly can't help yourself, can you? Not only have you rather blatantly flamed me repeatedly, now, but you do so while spending even more time posting things in here, when you said that your time is too valuable to do so.

You used ad hominem against me instead of responding to my call to respond to at least one of the arguments from the blog post. It really doesn't matter whether I'm the originator of the argument, as I'm the one calling for you to respond to it.

For future reference, "common sense" is neither particularly common, nor does it always make sense. It's a term used by people specifically for argumentum ad populum. "Common sense" is quite literally the default way of applying argumentum ad populum.

And yes, you're using appeal to ridicule - a FALLACY. It's a way to get away with NOT making a valid argument, by ridiculing the source of the argument.

Now, I suggest that, if you don't plan to actually respond to at least one of the arguments made in the blog post, don't post at all in this thread. It's just a "waste of (your) time", after all. You're not adding a single thing to the discussion, and all you're actually doing is derailing the thread. So please, don't post again unless you have something constructive to say.