By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has DS passed PS2 yet?

Play4Fun said:
bananaking21 said:
Play4Fun said:
bananaking21 said:
NintendoPie said:
bananaking21 said:

read the op "I'm usually not that interested in these kind of things, but I want to the take the opportunity  to mock pezus."

Sooner or later you'll learn the ways of VGC. We are all crude animals filled with hatred.

the ways of VGC are magical! but trust me i understand them. i seen enough "joke" threads to know how they work. if he was joking he could have atleast said it in the OP. but he made a thread that he knows will start shit because every thread that opened this subjected started shit before. he could easily get banned for a joke between him and pezus because he didnt clarify that it was an actual joke. not even hinted it. and sorry if i seem rude, didnt want to be so specially with you since your a user i like alot, but it was just an oppertuinity to say my point of view

I created a thread that I " know would start shit"?

This thread was merely created to find out wether Ds had passed PS2 or not. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no baiting or underlying agenda here. Clam down, sir.

im very calm sir, i entered here to see the discussion about the DS/PS2 to find out that second sentence in the OP, which frankly shocked me, and replied to something in your OP. you say its a joke between u and pezus, so i understood this is a joke thread. but now you say its not? im honestly confused to what this threads point is

anyways this is how i felt when you told me to calm down, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhmKxa_FMkU

You are obviously hysterical.

And the second sentence "shocked" you? Really?...Shocked? Kind of an over-reaction, don't you think?

Also, Like I said before, the point of this thread (as you can see by the title...) is "to find out wether Ds had passed PS2 or not".

A simple Google search would have sufficed.

Around the Network
atma998 said:
It was already confirmed here on VGChartz. DS passed PS2 like around 1 month and half ago and has now more than 640,000 units sold than PS2.

And the reason why PS2 is not being tracked anymore is because its sales are marginal.

Do I need to specify that I'm talking about SALES figures, not SHIPPED. Nobody cares about shipped figures.

Here we go again.

The owner of VGChartz disagrees with you.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4967807

ioi said:

Hmm, just got back from a break to find this thread. We haven't been actively (i.e on a weekly basis) tracking PS2 sales since things switched earlier this year so yes, the PS2 numbers are now outdated and a few million below where they should be. William has clearly jumped the gun and posted the article without checking first

atma998 said:
It was already confirmed here on VGChartz. DS passed PS2 like around 1 month and half ago and has now more than 640,000 units sold than PS2.

And the reason why PS2 is not being tracked anymore is because its sales are marginal.

Do I need to specify that I'm talking about SALES figures, not SHIPPED. Nobody cares about shipped figures.

Liar. The DS passed the PS2 more than two years ago:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120314

True story.

bananaking21 said:
Play4Fun said:
bananaking21 said:
Play4Fun said:
bananaking21 said:
NintendoPie said:
bananaking21 said:

read the op "I'm usually not that interested in these kind of things, but I want to the take the opportunity  to mock pezus."

Sooner or later you'll learn the ways of VGC. We are all crude animals filled with hatred.

the ways of VGC are magical! but trust me i understand them. i seen enough "joke" threads to know how they work. if he was joking he could have atleast said it in the OP. but he made a thread that he knows will start shit because every thread that opened this subjected started shit before. he could easily get banned for a joke between him and pezus because he didnt clarify that it was an actual joke. not even hinted it. and sorry if i seem rude, didnt want to be so specially with you since your a user i like alot, but it was just an oppertuinity to say my point of view

This thread was merely created to find out wether Ds had passed PS2 or not. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no baiting or underlying agenda here. Clam down, sir.

im very calm sir, i entered here to see the discussion about the DS/PS2 to find out that second sentence in the OP, which frankly shocked me, and replied to something in your OP. you say its a joke between u and pezus, so i understood this is a joke thread. but now you say its not? im honestly confused to what this threads point is

And the second sentence "shocked" you? Really?...Shocked? Kind of an over-reaction, don't you think?

Also, Like I said before, the point of this thread (as you can see by the title...) is "to find out wether Ds had passed PS2 or not".

yes i was so shocked i almost had a heart attack. and my whole point of posting in this thread is to say if your making a joke in your thread, point it out so people dont missunderstand what you meant, just like what happened with me

Okay, sorry. I'll try to remember that from now on. (This isn't a joke thread by the way).

Boutros said:
atma998 said:

True story.

You are the winner of this thread.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
Boutros said:

True story.

Oh my goodness, Seece is a mastermind:

"Wii is going to fall rapidly behind at some point. PS2 is still shipping 1.5 mill units a Q 10 years on, Wii won't be doing that in 2016"

riderz13371 said:
Play4Fun said:
bananaking21 said:
Play4Fun said:
bananaking21 said:
NintendoPie said:
bananaking21 said:

A simple Google search would have sufficed.

No it wouldn't. The results I get say DS passed PS2, but people here said a  month or so back, that this was wrong because PS2 was no longer tracked and was still selling.

So now that PS2 is discontinued, I wanted to know if things were different now.

pezus said:

I think most people thought this Wii party wouldn't last forever, except some of the Nintendo fans. Heck, it was already falling rapidly in 2010.

Edit: Lol @ Darth:" I have cried myself to sleep over DS eventually outselling PS2 for 1 month...but now I am no longer having meltdowns !! "

Who would've thunk that? Wii was going to be the best selling consoles evar! 

pezus said:

I was afraid of that myself back in 2008/2009 but then I woke up. Nothing that sells that explosively lasts long.

It's just like the housing bubble; it had to burst sometime.

NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

I think most people thought this Wii party wouldn't last forever, except some of the Nintendo fans. Heck, it was already falling rapidly in 2010.

Edit: Lol @ Darth:" I have cried myself to sleep over DS eventually outselling PS2 for 1 month...but now I am no longer having meltdowns !! "

Who would've thunk that? Wii was going to be the best selling consoles evar! 

You want an awful predictor? Look at the sig in this post.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=301449