By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo game discussion

I made this topic to discuss Nintendo games and why you like or dislike them, and have your always liked them or maybe in the later years after Oot you started to play them.  Over the years i have played just about every zelda game, and i find them to just be really bad games, i'm not really sure why.  I grew up in a house where my brother loved the Zelda games, so i always got to see him play them and i saw the story and all that but the games just never seemd interesting. 

I have even played the GB ones and they are just not very fun games, but this christmas i bought Phantom Hourglass, it was fun at the start, but then it soon turned into one of the worst games i have ever played.  Maybe i just don't get the games or something, but what do you guys see in them, i just don't see them as fun games at all.

The same can be said for the Metroid games, i have played the GC ones and the wii one, and one of them on the GB, they all start out ok but then they just lose their fun factor.  They just become a pain to play.  Is there some sort of fun factor that i'm missing, is there something that i need to get to play these games, they are jusy very uninteresting games. 

I have also played Mario Galaxy, i have over 30 stars and the game is just not fun to play, i can't seem to get the hang of the controller and the camera just seems to hate me and i always screw up.  What do you guys see in these games and do you like all of them or just some.  I have honestly tried to like each and everyone but they are not very fun for me.

This is not a troll post, i have liked many Nintendo games over the years, and i have tried to play most of the  major ones.  Can you guys also tell me why you like these games, and maybe list some Playstation games you dislike and why.

Around the Network

Phoenix wright: ace attorney is the best game for a nintendo console

Bar mario rpg and various zeldas and pokemon blue

So what Nintendo games DO you like if you don't like Mario, Zelda, or Metroid? Star Fox, AC, and Pikmin?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Starfox on N64 was brilliant! The first game after Mario64 which made good use of the analogue stick imo, along with Mario Kart.

Provocative post? Well, it's probably just you.

SImply put, most Nintendo games put gameplay over graphics. After all, you can't play graphics.

Around the Network

Back on the 64 the Rare games were always great, i can't really remember all the games i had, but their were all the Mario sports ones, Mario cart, and F-Zero and whatever else was on sale at blockbuster, 64games were very expensive in Canada back in the day, over $100. While the PS1 games were $50 at the most, plus they had a massive greatest hits list.

I always liked the 2D mario games, plus pokemon back in the day was good to waste time with.

Tastes change over time and not everyone has the same taste.

Did you like Shadow of the Colossus or Okami? I found Shadow of the Colossus to be a huge empty world (which was boring) and boss fights which were cool. If you liked that game but don't like Zelda. I'd hazard a guess to say that maybe your brother spoiled your Zelda fun on you.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
Tastes change over time and not everyone has the same taste.

Did you like Shadow of the Colossus or Okami? I found Shadow of the Colossus to be a huge empty world (which was boring) and boss fights which were cool. If you liked that game but don't like Zelda. I'd hazard a guess to say that maybe your brother spoiled your Zelda fun on you.

I never ever got around to playing many of the games, i bought about 1game per month since the first year of the PS2 release and i still never got around to playing many of the great games the system had.  Okami, Shadow of the colossus, R&C games, Jak&daxter among many others.

I like the fact that Ninty are prioritizing gameplay over graphics, but it saddens me that you have to choose between technological progress and innovation. If I could have both, I'd be sold from day one!

and did you like mariokart/banjo/goldeneye?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.