By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo game discussion

I think I know why you don't like Nintendo games: you take gaming too seriously.

Around the Network

Who said I don't like Nintendo games? I've been playing them since age 5! It's their bussiness model and lack of technological advancement I'm no fan of.
I thought people knew that by now; I'm a huge Nintendo fan but not a Wii fan.

And yes; I loved Mario Kart and Goldeneye! Who doesn't? Banjo was better on PS though.

@Chrizum; I take some games seriously, and others not so much. Some games are simply fun while others are addictive or immersive.
I do however appreciate quality, and I'm afraid quality will decline and eventually disappear alltogether if the biz goes too mainstream.
Quality in games is important to any gamer, and should be no unique trait associated only with me I should think?

Mummelmann said:
Who said I don't like Nintendo games? I've been playing them since age 5! It's their bussiness model and lack of technological advancement I'm no fan of.
I thought people knew that by now; I'm a huge Nintendo fan but not a Wii fan.

And yes; I loved Mario Kart and Goldeneye! Who doesn't? Banjo was better on PS though.

@Chrizum; I take some games seriously, and others not so much. Some games are simply fun while others are addictive or immersive.
I do however appreciate quality, and I'm afraid quality will decline and eventually disappear alltogether if the biz goes too mainstream.
Quality in games is important to any gamer, and should be no unique trait associated only with me I should think?

Ehh? My post was directed at the topic starter, not you.

i actually asked it too griffin, but your awnser is a joy too hear:)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Mummelmann said:

What !?

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

I loved Starfox for N64. Do a BARREL ROLL! Slippy's hit, haha, good stuff. Also pretty much every Zelda, really like Link's Awakening for the original Game Boy.

Thats a tough subject for some lol, ummm I used to really like Nintendo games when they had a darker feel to them. Granted I never really played them for their story's xD I just liked the particular feel.

I used to LOVE zelda, link to the past is probably my favorite, followed by Ocarina of time, which is a weird story all on it's own. The only reason I ever got into OOT was because I read that you could play as Adult Link, which I thought was the COOLEST thing ever xD I got to pimp myself out in some badass looking armor, use non-pansy tools, and use a big ass sword :P, then Majora's mask came along -_-;;;; No adult link = no play from me, then when I thought it couldn't get worse, they released Wind Waker XD and Zelda had officially died at that point in my life. I like what the series was at one point in it's life, then detested the rest :(

Mario: I LOVED super mario world, not because of mario or any arbitrary nintendo reference, but because that game gave you side scrolling glory and a bunch of options :P, the worlds were always full of secrets to find, quick ways to beat it, and tell me the "dark world" wasn't the coolest thing ever lol. Super mario 64 came out and it was good (the reason I bought an N64 :P ) but not earth shattering to me, the "secretive worlds" and such kinda disappeared and it left me with LESS things to do in the mario realm. And don't even get me started on Sunshine xD IT WASN'T HORRIBLE, but man it made me feel like I was playing less of a Mario game, and way more of a children's game :( not a good direction. Either way I think I preferred 2D mario because it just had a more quaint feel to it, and it was less of a generic platformer. (Anyone remember holding down for like 3 seconds to drop into the background ;) )

StarFox: Good games, not great, but good. My beef with this series is there just weren't enough power ups xD, coming from top down arcade shooters I just wanted something a little more epic I guess :P But fun games none the less, until that fated day.... WHY WOULD YOU MAKE STARFOX AN ADVENTURE GAME ;-; Instantaneous flaccidity of a game in my opinion :P

Metroid :( The thing I loved about Metroid (super metroid that is), were the tools you got, NOT THE SHOOTING, the tools. I loved the speed boost, moon jump, screw attack, bomb jumping, grappling beam, etc etc etc, when they turned my second favorite game on the SNES into a generic FPS, I was in awe, not only did it feel so bland to me when I played it, THEY INCLUDED PLATFORMING ELEMENTS!!!! Man the Metroid formula for going back and forth across worlds just doesn't work for me in an FPS, it was horrible!!! I hated looking for all that crap >< and I hated platforming in first person!!! ( I know there wasn't much of it but still!), gah :( I want them to just release another full scale game on the wii, put some massively awesome textures, wide screen support, 60Fps, 1080p (I wish :/ ), I would almost buy a Wii for that game alone xD But alas, the series is far different than it used to be, and I'll have nothing to do with it ><

My beef with Nintendo is that I liked their games for the wrong reasons, all their games took a "change" and millions were willing to support it, I just felt abandoned :( To me they just dragged the fun and mysticism out off the picture.  

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

You're missing out with Majora's Mask. Although it was largely overshadowed by OoT, the gameplay was solid as and it probably has the darkest story line out of any of the Zelda's. I do agree with you about Wind Waker, at least to some extent. The Triforce fetch quest ruined it for me.

LG[Infinite] said:
You're missing out with Majora's Mask. Although it was largely overshadowed by OoT, the gameplay was solid as and it probably has the darkest story line out of any of the Zelda's. I do agree with you about Wind Waker, at least to some extent. The Triforce fetch quest ruined it for me.

Games often have way more of an appeal to me if they just meet some piddly criteria. The world was in fact dark and whatnot, but just because I couldn't play as an adult, I couldn't take it as seriously. Then the whole concept of putting on masks... Lack of CG cutscenes didn't help, and the overall feel of zelda's citizens and such just left a really foul taste in my mouth :( I dunno the appeal that OOT had just didn't hit me with Majora's mask, it just felt so off.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Lol, sorry guys. Well, no harm done, nothing new under the sky I s'pose!