By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo game discussion

@ChronotriggerJM: Dude, you started hating Zelda because YOU COULDN'T PLAY AS AN ADULT ANYMORE? That's like the worst reason I've ever heard :X
But anyways, you should try Twilight Princess, you play as an adult all the time, and it's like the same atmosphere as OoT but has way prettier graphics :P

Around the Network

@Griffin:

Are you some sort of mindless, senseless living object?? I just cannot BELIEVE you don't like the Zelda and Mario games, they represent what videogaming is, in its greatest glory!

What do you like then? I suppose staring at a blank wall for 30 minutes is your idea of fun...

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. 

mariozeldametroid said:
@ChronotriggerJM: Dude, you started hating Zelda because YOU COULDN'T PLAY AS AN ADULT ANYMORE? That's like the worst reason I've ever heard :X
But anyways, you should try Twilight Princess, you play as an adult all the time, and it's like the same atmosphere as OoT but has way prettier graphics :P

Sadly yes :P I coulden't tell what age link was in any of the other games, but I was pretty young at the time, playing as a child was fine because I was a child also. When link turned into an adult I was more than stoked because it fealt like link kinda grew up with me :P, I would try Twilight, but the series really is dead to me, since that time I've played so many games, and seen so many differen't styles, worlds, realms etc. Zelda just doesn't have the appeal that it once had. I don't see the humor, charm, character build etc etc that I see in so many other games :( 

Nintendo was one of those company's that were absolutely great and amazing while I didn't know any better :( then as soon as I got out and tested the ouside waters I just can't bring myself to returning. I only really get into  slightly more mature, story driven titles nowadays, and thats not something that I believe Nintendo offers much in. 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

@Griffin

The answer to your question is this. Your not a fan of cerebral game play. Your probably more of an action, reflex, adrenaline gamer. You want to test your skill rather then your wit. Meanwhile other gamers like to test their intuitions and like to unravel puzzles. Your probably not the kind of person who will take an hour untangling a cord of Christmas lights. For some people there is a pleasant Zen quality to solving something otherwise so meaningless.

There is no right or wrong answer. I suspect in twitched base gaming you might just be a real menace. Toss you into a problem solving environment, and your perhaps sluggish, or easily defeated. Other people can breeze through the puzzles in a Zelda game. So for you the game can get boring meanwhile the other guy might be moving through the game three or four times faster then you are.

I think most gamers are generalists they can enjoy both extremes as long as they are not over powering. While the minority find themselves being drawn into a tighter niche. That is why games like Mario Kart have such a strong appeal, but a game like Civilization on the intellectual side, or a game like FEAR on the twitch based side will never see that kind of success.

Vladez said:
@Griffin:

Are you some sort of mindless, senseless living object?? I just cannot BELIEVE you don't like the Zelda and Mario games, they represent what videogaming is, in its greatest glory!

What do you like then? I suppose staring at a blank wall for 30 minutes is your idea of fun...

They represent gaming TO YOU. After getting massively addicted to rpgs like Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 6. I took a look at the stories in Nintendo games and accidentally let out a strange laugh. I can't take them seriously anymore, I find myself stuck on story driven games and I find it a much more fulfilling experience. I basically take it like this, Nintendo offers a great gameplay experience at the cost of character build, and storyline. Now if I play a 3rd party game, that offeres me a great gameplay experience of the same genre, AND offers me a compelling storyline, I'm sold :P I find no reason to take the (in my opinion) lesser of the two quality games.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

You don't like them. And?

Seriously, if you don't like them how do you expect us to convince you to? And what kind of person would you be if people raving about a game made you like it?

I miss the point of all this.

Hey Griffin, if you liked the Mario sports games, try Mario Strikers Charged. Awesome game. My favorite Mario Games are the Mario Karts myself. So, I bet you'll like MSC.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

ChronotriggerJM said:
Vladez said:
@Griffin:

They represent gaming TO YOU. After getting massively addicted to rpgs like Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 6. I took a look at the stories in Nintendo games and accidentally let out a strange laugh. I can't take them seriously anymore, I find myself stuck on story driven games and I find it a much more fulfilling experience. I basically take it like this, Nintendo offers a great gameplay experience at the cost of character build, and storyline. Now if I play a 3rd party game, that offeres me a great gameplay experience of the same genre, AND offers me a compelling storyline, I'm sold :P I find no reason to take the (in my opinion) lesser of the two quality games.

... go read a book.

Dodece said:
@Griffin

The answer to your question is this. Your not a fan of cerebral game play. Your probably more of an action, reflex, adrenaline gamer. You want to test your skill rather then your wit. Meanwhile other gamers like to test their intuitions and like to unravel puzzles. Your probably not the kind of person who will take an hour untangling a cord of Christmas lights. For some people there is a pleasant Zen quality to solving something otherwise so meaningless.

There is no right or wrong answer. I suspect in twitched base gaming you might just be a real menace. Toss you into a problem solving environment, and your perhaps sluggish, or easily defeated. Other people can breeze through the puzzles in a Zelda game. So for you the game can get boring meanwhile the other guy might be moving through the game three or four times faster then you are.

I think most gamers are generalists they can enjoy both extremes as long as they are not over powering. While the minority find themselves being drawn into a tighter niche. That is why games like Mario Kart have such a strong appeal, but a game like Civilization on the intellectual side, or a game like FEAR on the twitch based side will never see that kind of success.

Very well said

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

That^

or

Your not a true gamer. :)

Alot of ppl are posers when it comes to video games.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY