By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When did your fanboyism kick in?

I'm normally pretty cool, but whenever I see Kaz Hirai I am suddenly ready to fight to the death for him.

Around the Network

Fanboyism is a defensive measure, only formed when you perceive you are under attack. Much like politics and religion, your views become more extreme when challenged.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

right abouuuuuttttt....... NOW!

Aldro said:
2008. I was watching credits roll after Snake had supposedly shot himself. The wave of emotions during those straight 10 hours or so was new to me. I knew at that time that I swore a blood oath to Sony which would have me waste several years hyping games and thinking about them non-stop. I am grateful.

please cover up spoilers, i havent played metal gear yet

bananaking21 said:

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK

Around the Network
pezus said:
bananaking21 said:
Aldro said:
2008. I was watching credits roll after Snake had supposedly shot himself. The wave of emotions during those straight 10 hours or so was new to me. I knew at that time that I swore a blood oath to Sony which would have me waste several years hyping games and thinking about them non-stop. I am grateful.

Wat

metal gear was to complicated and not interesting for me to play when i was a kid back in the ps1 era. and i dont play a franschise from the middle of it if it has a story as deep and complex and metal gears. so i wanna play the first one then get the collection and play the rest

Deyon said:
bananaking21 said:

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK

i said YET

I was at the peak of my fanboyism a while after I joined this site. I've always preferred the Playstation but I had all the consoles and liked all of them. Every time I saw someone bash Playstation my fanboyism increased. I don't take that stuff that seriously now though.

snyps said:
riderz13371 said:
JWeinCom said:
I think the main reason I'm a Nintendo fanboy is because of the negativity against Nintendo. I've always loved Nintendo games, but when I had to start defending my choices towards the latter end of the cube days and throughout the Wii era, it's a bit hard not to become a bit fanatical, and even resentful of other consoles and/or fanbases. Hate breeds fanboys. True story.

What negativity do they get? All I can think of is their recent consoles lack power and that they continue to "milk" their older IP's.

C'mon really? Please tell me your trolling.  Some people pretend Xbox and playstation are cool but Nintendo is a kids toy.  Nintendo gets ignored by some when they come thru with a technical marvel because of a pretend stigma.

Nintendo doesn't have a pretend stigma, they are the equivalent of disney in the gaming world. When people grow up they either stay with disney some of the time but most move on to Universal. Even though Disney owns Pixar, that house is still superior and Dreamworks isn't doing bad either. They forced Disney away from 2D and made them focus on 3D. They made them look behind and lacking...so as time went on to make themselves relevant and less kid and family friend only Disney bought Marvel and Lucas arts? Get the Nintendo analogy now? The market is expanding but when it comes to movies Disney's share id dwindling, so they are diversifying to be taken seriously. Wii U? coincidence? .........The world may never know.

snyps said:
The day my friend brought his brand new ps2 to my house and I scolded him for killing dreamcast. He said he was glad sega went multiplat. I stopped liking him after that.

I didn't got mad when Sega went multiplat. I got mad when they started to release bad versions of Sonic, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, etc and forgot IPs like Streets of Rage and Echo. That made me sad. 

At least, After Burner Climax was amazing.