By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When did your fanboyism kick in?

JazzB1987 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JazzB1987 said:
Im not so sure if I am a fanb*y or not. I would say no.

I have almost every Nintendo console but I also have a Sega GameGear, MegaDrive/Genesis and a Dreamcast.

I also have a PS2 Slim and PS3phat (a slim not superslim ordered 2 days ago so I have 2 PS3s then) and I played alot of PS1 games because my sister had a PS1. (still have StarOcean, Alundra, Hearts of Darkness, Pandemonioum, Rayman, GTA1+2+London, KKND Crossfire, RedAlert2+addon etc ....for PS1)

And I also have a 2 Xbox 360.

But when I see how a specific fanb*y group uses no brain and starts to be ignorant I do "explode"/go HULK and have to do everything I can to show them how dumb they are. I dunno its some kind of ANTI-IGNORANCE-REFLEX.

Its just with 1 fanb*y group I dunno.

Having multiple consoles doesn't hide the fact that someone can still be a fanboy. Being  a fan just means you think one brand is superior to the rest because of its attributes personally applying to you, thats all. Being a fanboy is when you become irrational over such things. I tend to critique all console brands so I am seen as a pessimist, when in truth I am an optimist who likes all brands, but is misunderstood because I want them to get better.

So when I hate Nintendo for:
1. Removing a real overworld in Skyward Sword
2. WiiU not having SurroundSound in Wii mode (it only has Stereo)
3. Eshop VC Games being 400% overpriced (5 bucks for a NES game lol?)
4. Their stupid idea of not including a charger in the PAL 3DSXL box
5. The fact that I cant play  SD Wii games on the WiiUGamepad
6. Their removal of analog triggers (which they had on Gamecube) on the Gamepad and WiiU "pro" controller? (how am I supposed to strafe in F-Zero now?)
7. The DSLite not having AES encryption and that I have to shut down and turn on the system after I was messing with the systems settings.
8. NSMB2 having a strange coop  where the camera is locked on 1 player and the other one can be left behind since he has no influence on the camera even tho the game needs 2 systems?
9. Pal VC games on Wii+WiiU being 50hz
10. - 999999. "insert other design flaws"

I am not a Nintendo fanboy right?

I think a brand is superior in specific aspects not in general   like Sony is great for having the crossbuy feature and and MS for having the best controller albeit with the worst DPAD EVER! And when a company is doing bullshit I see no point in defending it  since its the companies own fault.

Aspects could be all you need to think a brand is superior. Its what separates them form the rest.