By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When did your fanboyism kick in?

I got diagnosed with Sony fanboyism when i first heard about Final Fantasy XIII being multi-plat, I punched a hole thru a wall and broke my hand, i cried myself to sleep that night,it was the worst day of my life.

What about you?

Around the Network

The day it does I shall think:

Brain, I love you and you love me....

But if this relationship is going to work we need to be rational in our love of gaming.

So lets get our shit together and love gaming for what it is, and not dictate what others should enjoy playing and or hate playing.

Then all shall be good in my mind.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

"It only does everything"....

Love at first sight, I will be by your side until the day I die.

I think the main reason I'm a Nintendo fanboy is because of the negativity against Nintendo. I've always loved Nintendo games, but when I had to start defending my choices towards the latter end of the cube days and throughout the Wii era, it's a bit hard not to become a bit fanatical, and even resentful of other consoles and/or fanbases. Hate breeds fanboys. True story.

JWeinCom said:
I think the main reason I'm a Nintendo fanboy is because of the negativity against Nintendo. I've always loved Nintendo games, but when I had to start defending my choices towards the latter end of the cube days and throughout the Wii era, it's a bit hard not to become a bit fanatical, and even resentful of other consoles and/or fanbases. Hate breeds fanboys. True story.

What negativity do they get? All I can think of is their recent consoles lack power and that they continue to "milk" their older IP's.

Around the Network

The day my friend brought his brand new ps2 to my house and I scolded him for killing dreamcast. He said he was glad sega went multiplat. I stopped liking him after that.

I am not a fanboy.

But I sure used to be. I grew up with Gameboy and SNES and owning anything else was unthinkable. Sure, I occasionally played other peoples' Sega or Sony hardware, but I wouldn't dream of owning it.

My fanboyism started to erode, eventually, perhaps when I found out one of my favorite series from the SNES has been going along just fine on the Playstation(my primary info source in the '90s was wal-mart ads, and I skipped right over everyone but Nintendo), but it would still be until around 2004-05 that I actually played any Final Fantasy after 6. Today my most used console is my PS3, followed by my 3DS. (PC tops both, but I never saw PC gaming as a conflict of interest)

riderz13371 said:
JWeinCom said:

What negativity do they get? All I can think of is their recent consoles lack power and that they continue to "milk" their older IP's.

Nah.  It started way before that when Nintendo actually had a very powerful console.  Nintendo games are teh kiddy.  Didn't you know that?

Rival companies, sports teams, channels etc cater to peoples personal tastes. Some people like to have all consoles, but some prefer only one or two brands.

IE: Like talking to your friends while playing shooters and are focused primarily on multimedia? Xbox

IE: Like the all around platform with all the games but no real identity? Sony.

IE: Like the golden adventure/platformer nostalgia brand? Nintendo.

IE: Like feeling like a god at the expense of developers? PC

Theres more reasons, but to some those things are primarily what matters.

If you like all of those things, theres no excuse besides not having funds to purchase those platforms.

riderz13371 said:
JWeinCom said:

C'mon really? Please tell me your trolling.  Some people pretend Xbox and playstation are cool but Nintendo is a kids toy.  Nintendo gets ignored by some when they come thru with a technical marvel because of a pretend stigma.