By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When did your fanboyism kick in?

Mine kicked in when I had to defend myself for all the gaming platforms I had at that time: PC sucked, PS3 sucked and the Wii was the kiddie consoles...yeah, the Xbox360 fanboys on that forum were pretty vocal...so much better on VGChartz :D

Around the Network

Was a microsoft fanboy since i got a 360 first and heard the ps3's price. I preached how blu ray was nothing and hd videos can be bought on the hd dvd player attachment( how i regetted buying the hd dvd player and the ps3 price point was justified with everything included). My 360 got the red rings of death and microsoft wanted me to pay 150$ to repair it(This happened before RROD got big and they started repairing them for free). I bought the mgs bundle ps3 and saw what a fool i had been the whole time . Wii U is for the kids and no one plays the xbox anymore even thought i bought the new kinect bundle. Cant say im a fanboy but even tho i own all the gears and halos the uncharted series is the series of this generation to me. I'll be real i couldnt even beat halo i got extremely bored, it just seemed to be the same game again.

When my older brother let me play Twisted Metal 2 when I was 7, from that moment I fell in love and i've stayed loyal to Sony. But I do have a soft spot for Nintendo, alot of good times with NES SNES and N64 especially with a monkey with a red tie.

Well sony f-cked me on a tv and 2 ps2's. I went to xbox and never went back. I have no issue with nintendo, i own wii and wii u. Sony's Customer service is really what screwed me and I took that to heart. As such sony has took a big fugging kick in the pants and I'm loving every minute. Their tv sales are sh-t and they are losing money every quarter. Justice for me. Sorry but they did f-ck me. So I have every right to feel the way I do.

In little school I got excluded for throwing a chair at someone who stole one of my Pokemon cards.

Ive always loved Pokemon.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
In little school I got excluded for throwing a chair at someone who stole one of my Pokemon cards.

Ive always loved Pokemon.

Gyahahaha

Four words: "Gensis does what Nintendon't"

They fired first. I was just defending myself. Before that, I was just a naive happy little kid. After that, I put a plan into motion that would eventually destroy Sega.

Unfortunately, the robot I built turned on me and broke my legs and ran away. Sega still went out of business, though. Count that as a victory!

im a sony fanboy if you like but that only happened at the beginning of this Gen. the PS3 got way to much crap from other fans and as time went on the PS3 grew while the others didn't. it got ALL the games and the best/ more original IP's and its turned out to be the best system i have ever had.
however i brought both Xbox's at launch (although i probs won't Xbox3 due to how bad the 360 turned out to be) and i actually enjoy nintendo and there games! especially Zelda. i like good systems with the best games.. thats why i love Playstation and even Nintendo.

I'm not a fanboy, Nintendo is the best that's all =D

2008. I was watching credits roll after Snake had supposedly shot himself. The wave of emotions during those straight 10 hours or so was new to me. I knew at that time that I swore a blood oath to Sony which would have me waste several years hyping games and thinking about them non-stop. I am grateful.