By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 3D Blu-Rays of 2013 Movies, share your thoughts "OFFICIAL 3D Movies in 2K13 THREAD" (List of 3D Movies of 2013 in OP)

Poll closed.

Closed. 23 76.67%

Total:23

I updated the 2nd OP by adding the officially chosen 300: Rise of an Empire image for my threads:

Around the Network

If you have seen Despicable Me 2 3D, then please share.

Thanks.

2K13D

If you have seen Pacific Rim in 3D, then please post.

Viltsu300 said:
I am waiting to see Thor

IMAX 3D & Cinemark XD 3D & etc. are the way to go with that movie.

;)

Kaizar said:

A friend of mine took me to see Pacific Rim for my birthday.  He bought the tickets for IMAX 3D.  I have to admit that it was the best use of 3D I have yet seen in a movie.  More importantly, the movie itself was very enjoyable.

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
Kaizar said:

A friend of mine took me to see Pacific Rim for my birthday.  He bought the tickets for IMAX 3D.  I have to admit that it was the best use of 3D I have yet seen in a movie.  More importantly, the movie itself was very enjoyable.

Are there any 3D movies for the rest of this year that you plan to see in 3D?

FYI if you are going to see Thor 2 and/or The Hobbit 2, then see these in IMAX or Cinemark XD or whatever. But all other movies are just fine on a smaller screen in 3D, and the screen will look bigger. (for the theater format of the 3D effect in movies this year)

If you have seen Turbo in 3D, then please post.

Thanks.

If you have seen R.I.P.D. In 3D then please post.

Thanks & Happy Year of 3D !

2013D

2K13D

Pacific Rim 3D was was amazing, best use of 3D since Avatar. Much better than the awful Marvel conversion jobs.

foodfather said:
Pacific Rim 3D was was amazing, best use of 3D since Avatar. Much better than the awful Marvel conversion jobs.

Iron Man 3 & Captain America & Ghost Rider 2 where recorded entirely in 3D.

Pacific Rim 3D has its CGI in 3D.

Pacific Rim being the best use of 3D since Avatar is also what everyone has been saying about Star Trek Into Darkness 3D.

It all depends on how much space they put in between the parallel images.

Guellermo Del Toro headed both the stereo team (for CGI) and the conversion team (for actual live-action) and told them how much depth he wanted in each & every single scene of the movie.

And this was just the theater format of the 3D effect, so the reformat of the 3D effect for TV & 3D Blu-Ray & especially 3D streaming should be insane LOL.

I guess no more then 18 actual lambarts for the theater format should be good for everyone to enjoy. Pacific Rim might have been as low as 16 actual lambarts for the theater format.

Anyways, you will love the 3D effect in the theater format of The Wolverine.

R.I.P.D. 3D is good too.

These 2 movies should also make good use of 3D. (I hope to see these 2 movies myself)