By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 3D Blu-Rays of 2013 Movies, share your thoughts "OFFICIAL 3D Movies in 2K13 THREAD" (List of 3D Movies of 2013 in OP)

Poll closed.

Closed. 23 76.67%

Total:23

I updated the 2nd OP by adding this image:

I also using this as the current image for the OP, because it is the most current 3D movie right now.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Man of steel was a great movie.

Did you see it in IMAX 3D or flat condensed 2D?

2D, should have went to the IMAX. I'm regretting I didn't.

DJEVOLVE said:
Kaizar said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Man of steel was a great movie.

Did you see it in IMAX 3D or flat condensed 2D?

2D, should have went to the IMAX. I'm regretting I didn't.

The movie looked great in IMAX 3D. It was like I was there myself on krypton before it exploded later in the beginning of the movie.
It was 22 lambarts, well actually 19, but the 3D effect makes you see more lambarts.

They will re-format the 3D effect for 3D Blu-Ray & TV & streaming.

You should have seen Pacific Rim in 3D, and Star Trek into Darkness in 3D, and Great Gatsby in 3D.

You can still see The Wolverine in 3D, which makes great use of it too.

Have you seen any movies in IMAX 3D?

FYI Thor 2 & Hobbit 2 might only be good in IMAX 3D for the theater format of the 3D effect.

Elysium releases today, looks like the 3D trailer was a fake, it's only available in 2D.
There is an IMAX version but it seems to be down converted to digital dual 2K projectors, no advertising for 4K so I guess, at least overhere, they're not showing the 4K master. At 17.50 a ticket I'll wait for the blu-ray with the extras.

Btw foot lambert is a measurement of light output. Normally max is 16fL open gate, peak white is about 14fL with film. 3D films have to increase the maximum light output since each eye only receives half. The 3D effect doesn't make you see more lamberts, that does not make sense.

SvennoJ said:
Elysium releases today, looks like the 3D trailer was a fake, it's only available in 2D.
There is an IMAX version but it seems to be down converted to digital dual 2K projectors, no advertising for 4K so I guess, at least overhere, they're not showing the 4K master. At 17.50 a ticket I'll wait for the blu-ray with the extras.

Btw foot lambert is a measurement of light output. Normally max is 16fL open gate, peak white is about 14fL with film. 3D films have to increase the maximum light output since each eye only receives half. The 3D effect doesn't make you see more lamberts, that does not make sense.

that movie looks okay. it saids it's only just over an hour and a half movie,so that's a good thing in my opinion. 

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Well, Christopher Nolan said otherwise when he was talking about pop-out 3D, and why he won't do Batman 3 (The Dark Knighgt Rises) in 3D.

And the Great Gatsby & Star Trek Into Darkness & so fort, did look really bright in 3D, especially The Great Gatsby in 3D, which looked really really bright in 3D.

oldschoolfool said:
SvennoJ said:

that movie looks okay. it saids it's only just over an hour and a half movie,so that's a good thing in my opinion. 

R.I.P.D. 3D is about 90 minutes. It was pretty good.

I hope there is a R.I.P.D. 2 3D, I know there will be a Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2 3D.

Pacific Rim 3D IMAX imitation (4K digital projectors on IMAX size screen without any curve in the screen, or almost no curve) short REVIEW:

This movie's script had a lot of good materials in it and used them all in a good way, but i felt they could have done a more better job with all the materials in this movie, and also that they could have had much more materials to the movie.

The screen look way so much more bigger because of the 3D effect and Guellermo Del Toro headed the stereo team on every scene in this movie, so his earlier comments on how 3D makes movies look smaller is now null & void, LOL but true.

Anyways, this movie has a good mix of comedy & action & Sci-fI & so fort.

I guess I find this as a decent movie for my standards.

It definitely has the characters & giant robots & alien giants down, so if you care about all of those kinds of things, then you are covered. But I'm more into the story first follow by that other stuff for my personal preference I suppose.

FYI there is a scene after the beginning of the credits after the end of the movie that you need to see, but it's not a necessary scene. But there's not after the credits, so you don't have to deal with that much of the ending credits.

If you have seen Planes 3D, then please post.

Thanks.

If you seen Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Sea of Monsters 3D, then please post.

Thanks.