By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 3D Blu-Rays of 2013 Movies, share your thoughts "OFFICIAL 3D Movies in 2K13 THREAD" (List of 3D Movies of 2013 in OP)

Poll closed.

Closed. 23 76.67%

Total:23

So has anyone else start seeing ads for Superman 3D on bus stops & TV?

And has anyone starting seeing that good commercial for R.I.P.D. 3D? Hilarious

Around the Network

I just re-watch the Iron Man 3 3D trailer I bootleg on my 3DS in 3D and realize the reason why the 3D effect look better then it did in the movie is because it was on an IMAX size screen.

So my bad.

I updated the OP.

I added:

Vigilante 3D "April 5"

Sharp Date "August 30"

Space Pirate Captain Harlock "September"

So we are now up to 71 3D movies of 2013. Take that, 45 3D movies of 2012 (LOL).

If you have seen Epic in 3D, then please post in this Thread.

If you have seen Epic in 2D, for whatever crazy reason anyone would ever do that LOL, then please post in the other Thread:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158053

Epic 3D review (not a real review but something like that, none the less LOL):

I went to go see Epic and then Star Trek Into Darkness in that order but I didn't want to spend solo much extra time away from gaming so I saw Star Trek first and then Epic right afterwards and I didn't bother to see 3D IMAX, but I think I saw 3D IMAX of Epic anyways. I use to pay $5.75¢ for 3D & $6.25¢ for 3D IMAX, but I now I pay $6.00¢ for 3D & $7.50¢. And I use to pay only $4.75¢ for 3D for the Amazing Spider-Man (so 2012) & like somewhere from $5.25¢ to $5.75¢ for 3D IMAX back in 2012, but they just keep raising the price again & again LOL. (I use my old student I.D. for discounts since they usually always ask me for one, and I do look I'm 19 years old or something like that. Just up to a year ago everyone kept thinking I was like 16 to 18 years old LOL but true.

anyways this is the first good CGI movie of 2013, but it's not a must see. And I got to say that the CGI keeps getting better in newer CGI Movies.

I saw the 3D Trailer for Walking with Dinosaurs the Movie 3D (I might need to change the date from Dec. 20 to Dec. 25 in the OP), and it has the best CGI I have ever seen in a CGI movie.

And the movie (Epic 3D) was 2 hours long, in case you were curious.

Anywho, I will post a more in depth review then this, for Star Trek Into Darkness later, to bump the Thread.

Around the Network

I think Disney might have started to doubt 3D earlier, but now they see that 3D is something as popular as they where expecting it to come more & more as more time went by.

That would explain why come Disney cancel the 3D re-release of the Little Mermaid, just to uncancel it recently, and still premiere during this year after all. And why The Lone Ranger is not in 3D.

Its a shame that "The Lone Ranger" is not in 3D because I have seen the 2D trailers of it, and it would have been even better in 3D like The Great Gatsby, but even greater need & use of 3D.

Star Trek Into Darkness short review:

This is a truly good movie.

What I find amazing about it, is that it's like 1 episode of a series but it seems like an actual 1 whole movie (which it is of course, but it does manage to seem like a movie despite being like a episode of a series).

This movie seems like a perfect movie.

And I like the plot twistses, because of the particular quantity, but I won't get into detail of the kind of quantity of plot twist.

The 3D in this converted movie was AWESOME!, but there where times where I had seen certain people in the film look a little weird, but to be fair this was recorded in 2D and converted into 3D.

I saw it on a regular size theater screen because of timing, so I could see 2 whole 3D movies in the shortest amount of time possible.

And the first trailer was the new Man of Steel trailer which is the best 3D trailer for the Superman reboot movie.

Anyways this movie is worth your time no matter what kind of movie goer you are. And I guess this is the best 3D Movie of 2013, so far.

You will be doing yourself a huge disservice to not see this in 3D.

Since it was converted from 2D into 3D, that means you can even see it on a 100 inch screen and it will look full blown 3D, but any smaller then that and the 3D effect won't really look that good.

The 3D recorded movies can look better still, but it depends on the formatting of the stereoscopic images. And the theater format is always formatted for IMAX size screen when its recorded in IMAX 3D for the theater format, and formatted for a regular size theater screen for when it is not recorded in IMAX for the theater format. But don't worry because they always reformat the stereoscopic films for a way smaller screen before releasing any 3D Blu-Ray & 3D streaming & so fort.

So if you are going to see a movie before June 12 2013, then go see Star Trek Into Darkness in 3D.

FYI it was confirm that all the future Star Trek films will be recorded in 3D, so you might want to see the theater format of future Star Trek films in 3D IMAX to enjoy the theater format of the stereoscopic images.

I updated the OP with 6 more movie premieres of 2013:

Apartment 1303 "July 25 2013"

Top Cat 3D "August 2 2013"

The Protector 2 "October"

Dhoom 3 "Dec. 25 2013"

Khumba "2013"

The Banshee Chapter "2013"

And I dated the Wizard of OZ re-release in 3D for September 20 2013.

And I updated the 2nd OP in is thread by adding this image:

I just remember when I went to go see Epic in 3D and paid $7.50¢ for it, that it was after 6 PM, specifically 6:30pm, and that's why I spent so much on it, because no more mantinee price by that time.

There is currently 77 3D Movies listed for 2013 compare to only 45 3D Movies of 2012.

So we got what seems like 32 more 3D Movies in then last year when we only got 28 to 29 more movies in general compare to last year.

So who still doubts that 3D Movies are here to stay?