By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 3D Blu-Rays of 2013 Movies, share your thoughts "OFFICIAL 3D Movies in 2K13 THREAD" (List of 3D Movies of 2013 in OP)

Poll closed.

Closed. 23 76.67%

Total:23
SvennoJ said:
Kaizar said:

I have heard that after 1 to 2 weeks of playing with the 3D ON that the eye strains go away, but the 3DS allows people to adjust the 3D, which you can't do on PC. If you could adjust the volume of 3D you would play at a lower volume but eventually play with the Depth Slider all the way up 24/7.

I guess that's the problem with other electronics used for 3D gaming, is that you can't adjust the volume of 3D for your mind to work up into better shape to handle 3D with no more eye strains.

After 12 months of playing in 3D I had woke up one day and as soon as I went outside, I couldn't help but notice that all plants looked like full blown 3D in person with my own 2 eyes. The novelty of seeing real life in full blown 3D in person goes away after up to 6 months, but every once in a while I look at a tree or some other plant and can't help but admire the beauty.

I have realize that the last time that I had seen real life in full blown 3D was when I was 18 or 19 years old. So it's nice to regain an ability lost to old age.

I couldn't help but notice when Avatar was a new movie that the news media kept mentioning how senior citizens had problems and needed to see the movie 7 to 8 times for those problems to go away, and how a few middle-age people had problems with Avatar, but those problems with away after seeing the movie up to 3 times for them.

High-polygon count graphics in 3D seems to cause the most problems for trying to enjoy 3D, but people don't have that much problems with live action and 2D sprites & cell-shaded graphics in 3D.

I'm glad it helped your eyes, but it never went away from me. I find stereoscopic illusions restrictive, still beautiful but it messes with other important depth cues that normally work together. It's trying to ignore focus and convergence cues that causes the eye strain.

For some reason I have a lot of trouble looking through binoculars. The whole world turns flat and it's hard to figure out what depth I'm trying to look at. I guess the zoom factor breaks all stereoscopic, focus, convergence and parallax eye movement rules.

I did train my eyes with autostereograms in the 90's. I made programs to generate them and made a 3D simulation fly through 3D world in moving autostereoscopic view as is included in the Magic Carpet game. Somehow those look more solid to me and make the picture seem bigger instead of smaller.

The best sterescopic 3D I have seen was in Futuroscope. A large Imax dome theatre, high speed shutter glasses and a 150 degree spherical screen with a presentation of the great barrier reef. Floating along in 3D with a fixed zoom level, it was magical and felt pretty real. Still not perfect when something got near the camera but a lot better then flat screen stereography. Too bad I can't build that in my home :)

When 3D stays with games I'll give it another go next gen when I upgrade to a 4K projector. Although my hopes are on Occulus rift instead. Hopefully the consumer version will also enable parallax head movement (eye movement would be better but that's still further of) No more missing jumps because of misjudging depth, that would be nice.

Have you told your optometrist this to see if prescription eye glasses or some other easy solution would work to fix this for you?

Around the Network

Since I was just linked here:

Iron Man 3 (3D) was pretty great; I thought it was the best in the trilogy, and especially pleasantly surprising after the letdown that was Iron Man 2. I think it was quite a nice end to the series, though it's probably not the end of the series.

I've never much liked Superman as a hero, but Man of Steel is looking fantastic. It reminds of The Dark Knight, and that's a very good thing.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Since I was just linked here:

Iron Man 3 (3D) was pretty great; I thought it was the best in the trilogy, and especially pleasantly surprising after the letdown that was Iron Man 2. I think it was quite a nice end to the series, though it's probably not the end of the series.

I've never much liked Superman as a hero, but Man of Steel is looking fantastic. It reminds of The Dark Knight, and that's a very good thing.

I was also let down by Iron Man 2 2D.

I can't wait to see Iron Man 3 3D.

I like Iron Man 1 which was actually good,

Man of Steel has Christopher Nolan as the PRODUCER, and the Director has directed such movies as 300 & WatchMen. I guess this explains the Dark Kight feel of the movie. Plus there is no kryptonite in this movie, but he does bleed and so fort.

Star Trek Into Darkness seems to be the only new movie this year that is converted from 2D to 3D. Plus they wanted to make a profit during a year filled with 3D movie blockbusters. It would have been risky to be in 2D only.

G.I. Joe Retaliation was push back 9 months in release date to film entirely in 3D because the filmmaker believes this movie would be perfect in 3D according to him himself.

Man of Steel was push back 11 to 13 months to be fully filmed in 3D.

R.I.P.D. was puch back 3 weeks but they had finish filming in 2D back in January 2012 and quite a bit of this movie takes place in front of a green screen and they knew it was the only way they could guarantee a profit in the box office. So they still had plenty of time to film entirely in 3D.

I can see the 2014 3D movies being all recorded in 3D but I'm not guaranteeing anyone that.

Of course re-releases are converted from 2D to 3D, excluding what's being shown at Egyptian Theater in Hollywood this September which was all recorded in 60 fps 3D.

IRON MAN 4 DETAILS

So what we know is that Robert Downey Jr. use to say that he would never do any Iron Man beyond 3, but then he went to the "Daily Show with Jon Stewert" and said that he was in renegotiations about his contract, and he winked at Jon Stewert and/or the camera.

He didn't say what he was in renegotiations about, but it couldn't possibly be about anything else but Iron Man, seeing as he has only done 2 Sherlock Holmes movies so far, with the 3rd Sherlock Holmes movie being in 3D.

The reason why Robert Downey Jr. doesn't want to do more then the first 3 of any movie franchise, is because he believes that after part 3, that the movies start to go downhill from there.

So it's a safe bet that he probably knows something about the next 1 or so Iron Man movies, to keep him around to do Iron Man 4 & up.

And it's safe to say that it will come out on May 4th LOL.

Plus if the Studio who made the first 3 Iron Man movies have had their contract run out, then maybe Disney will make Iron Man 4 & up, or maybe Disney will renew that studios contract for them to make more Iron Man movies.

you know, i really dont go to the movies anymore
i dont like modern films

but i love Wolverine so i would go for that

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
you know, i really dont go to the movies anymore
i dont like modern films

but i love Wolverine so i would go for that

It looks like it will be an awesome movie, and the 3D IMAX will only help draw people more into the experience.

Next year is another 3D X-Men movie LOL but true. I think it's called X-Men the Futures Past or something like that. So you can guess what it's going to basically be about if you ever saw the 90's cartoon or read the comic book.

You, I rarely go to theatres nowadays, but bloody hell do I want to watch these movies! I'll come back to give my list... :)

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Really looking forward to seeing Iron Man 3, Star Trek, Man of Steel, Wolverine, Thor etc etc... when they come out on 2D dvd's/blu-ray's.

Stopped going to theaters now that they've practically gone 3D only. :/

Proclus said:
Really looking forward to seeing Iron Man 3, Star Trek, Man of Steel, Wolverine, Thor etc etc... when they come out on 2D dvd's/blu-ray's.

Stopped going to theaters now that they've practically gone 3D only. :/

But 3D makes Movies look as solid as things feel.

Don't you want to see a movie that looks as solid as it feels, like Wolverine?

Their are films that actually benefit 3D, but their some really just doesn't fit... And the ones that has 3D that does nothing for it are the ones that actually pissed me off (which I didn't think it would).

Last time I watched a film in the theatre that was in 3D, with the glasses and I was like "why am I using these when I can't tell the difference???"

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!