By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MCV: "Devil May Cry fans to blame for DmC sales disappointment"

think-man said:
Change his hair back and you'll get 500k more sales lol

You mean like this ?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/18/dress-dmc-dante-like-classic-dante/

500k sales increase confirmed !

Around the Network
seiya19 said:
think-man said:

You mean like this ?

God I hate Capcom sometimes...

Signature goes here!

I blame quality....Devil May Cry 3 was such an epic game, just look at this cutscene (Sorry for the Halo dubbing, I couldn't find an original).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Nem said:
Kyuu said:
awwww little Capcom is upset :) maybe they shouldn't have challenged rebelling Resident Evil and Devil May Cry fans by stating crap like "we proved them wrong" even before releasing the crappy RE6 and gayass DmC (might be improved but they killed the legacy of the series and replaced Dante with a freaking street punk. It should bother every fan. Imagine if someone reboots Solid Snake into an entirely different character..)

Square and Konami died long ago and Capcom wants to join them apparently.

Ah that reminds me of the reception to Raiden on MGS2. People like to use different scales for different cases.

Atleast you can play the first portion of the game with Snake.  Plus Snake had a big part of the story in the second half.  But apparently that's the same thing as completely changing Dante into an unrecognizable character.

NYANKS said:
Yakuzaice said:
NYANKS said:

The plot would at least seem like a viable reason, his different look or fighting mechanic don't seem good because one is a shallow reason and the other seems rather similar.  But yeah, Capcom has a knack for this, I want a new good Legends game lol.  Thanks for not jumping down my throat, that helped.

I don't think you understand Devil May Cry if you think the plot is more important than the gameplay.

Looks like the author is an intelligent, measured person...

Apparently hiding is his way of defending the article.

I didn't think it was, but the person who replied to me implied that, and it seemed more reasonable than a look change.  What was wrong with the gamplay, it seemed very frenetic and quick, like in the past.  I haven't played this one yet though, is the fighting more shallow somehow?

I'm about 5 levels in the game, it's quite a bit more shallow and slower.  The combat is serviceable, but they made it so that you can't rack up high combos.  Like, in the older games almost every weapon had a repetition attack (For instance Rebellion had million stabs).  It was quite easy to get into them and they chain well with other combos.  Of the 3 weapons I have only Rebellion has an attack like that (million stabs) but they combined it with his stinger attack, which they changed the button presses to activate and made it very awkward to use.  There's more problems with the game's combat, but it's deeper issues that if you just casually played action games you'd be like "Whatever, this is cool", but Devil May Cry is a game focused on combat, which is why fans are quite dissapointed with this game.  An analogy would be taking Street Fighter and turning it into a Smash Bros. clone.

Around the Network
seiya19 said:
think-man said:

You mean like this ?

Looks weird with the White air and black brows, but a cool outfit for those feeling nostalgic.

NYANKS said:
Nem said:

Gameplay, Characters, presentation, sound, excitement. I'm sure you will disagree though, i dont really care for this futile discussion. The numbers prove me right, and i have no intention to badmout DmC wich is find is a decent game.

It's just sad that even from this thread. a lot of DMC fans that don't even try this game would probably like it, this is why a lot of companies we accuse of never changing never will. 

You do realize there was a demo, right?  I'm sure all the original DMC fans, myself included, tried it.  We just didn't like it.  Didn't like the new look of the game, characters included.  Hated the new controls.  Combat just wasn't as fast or fun.  Hence why I didn't buy it.

sales2099 said:
Gotta say this is as it should be. This reinvention looks very uninspired and looks like a total douche. Old Dante had flair

They put the old dantes outfit in the game. You can play as him if you wish, dress him up, but this DMC I believe is a better overall package than the last. The button system is over time should be strong enough to make movesets.

darkknightkryta said:
Nem said:
Kyuu said:
awwww little Capcom is upset :) maybe they shouldn't have challenged rebelling Resident Evil and Devil May Cry fans by stating crap like "we proved them wrong" even before releasing the crappy RE6 and gayass DmC (might be improved but they killed the legacy of the series and replaced Dante with a freaking street punk. It should bother every fan. Imagine if someone reboots Solid Snake into an entirely different character..)

Square and Konami died long ago and Capcom wants to join them apparently.

Ah that reminds me of the reception to Raiden on MGS2. People like to use different scales for different cases.

Atleast you can play the first portion of the game with Snake.  Plus Snake had a big part of the story in the second half.  But apparently that's the same thing as completely changing Dante into an unrecognizable character.

Same thing? No. Its better than changing the main character completely, but its another example where your game isnt going to appeal to fans as much.

Maybe the fans are bored of playing the same game for the 5th time? The difference between DMC1 and 5, considering the generational gap, is really very, very small.