By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MCV: "Devil May Cry fans to blame for DmC sales disappointment"

Anyone who played DMC 4 saw how it needed news ideas... yeah and those ideas were called Bayonetta !

Jesus i cannot believe how stubborn some people are trying desperately to defend an action game were enemies drop like flies.

Whatever, less than a month for Metal Gear Rising...

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Anyone who played DMC 4 saw how it needed news ideas... yeah and those ideas were called Bayonetta !

Jesus i cannot believe how stubborn some people are trying desperately to defend an action game were enemies drop like flies.

Whatever, less than a month for Metal Gear Rising...

They cant just bring back Kamiya after he left them for Platinum Games. Bayonetta has great gameplay but sucks everywhere else from camera to, presentation, story character balance and more. Gameplay is Kamiyas nitch and thats it.

Who cares about the hair on a guy who looks like a inbred smackhead?

That is a sensationalist article. This is a sales site. I encourage users to check the numbers:

DMC4 week 1/2 sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39481/Global/

DmC week 1 sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41294/Global/

Year on year sales are down. This game is coming in at the end of the console cycle.

And DMC4 had much weaker competition.

Capcom made those sales predictions last year assuming the game would enter the market in the same conditions as DMC4.

The point is its just a bad time to release a new IP or a reboot. DmC has actually done pretty well in my opinion. What Capcom need to do now is release a special edition of the game next year in the same conditions DMC4 entered the market. Because this game isn't about DMC fans buying the game, its about getting new players to do that. New players WILL NOT buy this game at this point in the console cycle.

Personally I think the sales are good, not great, not bad, but good!

Izo said:
People were never going to give DmC a chance. That's the attitude about this game. Many people did not buy this game because they changed things. It doesn't matter if the game is good or not, if people don't get their way they wont buy it.

I hope they never make another DmC and we can thank the fans for ruining it.

that's why gaming companies always play it safe for the most part. there just giving the people what they want,one example is call of duty. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Bayonetta has great gameplay but sucks everywhere else...

sure whatever, honestly i have simply lost the will to either defend Bayonetta or elaborate on DmC. i've done it again and again and frankly i'm too tired.

capcom's greed driven endeavor failed

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Bayonetta has great gameplay but sucks everywhere else...

sure whatever, honestly i have simply lost the will to either defend Bayonetta or elaborate on DmC. i've done it again and again and frankly i'm too tired.

capcom's greed driven endeavor failed

What greed? It's their IP and DMC was going nowhere without Kamiya, so they decided to usher in a new era with a revitalized DMC that doesn't depend upon Kamiya and guess what? Outside of DMC3 it turned out to be an all around game. Bayonetta will forever lack in the exact same departments because Kamiya just doesn't getit.

Im playing through the game right now...outside of DMC3...DMC is the best entry in the series.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
Im playing through the game right now...outside of DMC3...DMC is the best entry in the series.

I like these devs, I've heard good stuff about this, and I liked Heavenly Sword a lot too.

teigaga said:
I think people are just less inclined to buy $60 single player games. Other then GOW and Uncharted, I don't we've any such game succeed this gen.

That is true to an extent and I do agree with you. But I'd quicker spend $60 on a single player game that has a deep campaign with high replay value than one with mediocre elements in both SP and MP. Personally, I didn't buy DmC because of the technical hiccups. 30 fps locked is one thing, but a game that reaches 20 fps and has aweful screen tearing is not worth 60 bones. They'll get my money after a proper patch or when it hits 20. Nothing to do with the direction the series is going.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS