By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the X360 overtake the PS3's weekly sales in the next couple of weeks?

Tagged games:

In terms of public awareness the PS4 is announced. It's been widely publicised that it'll be unveiled on the 20th and anyone who doesn't live under a rock is aware of it

Around the Network

In terms of public awareness we don't know anything yet.
Everyone on the internet is guessing lately.

The weekly gap will be closer but not overtaken, unless MS price drops....which I dont think will happen until April.

Q3 profits and all. Q4 (April-June) 360 will see a price drop mark my words.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

man-bear-pig said:

As you can see the gap between the PS3 and the X360 is 27k this week (W.E. 26th Jan). The PS4 was only announced on the 1st Feb so it obviously isn't going to have an effect next week (W.E. 2nd Feb), but what about the week after that? Will the X360 begin to sell more on a weekly basis than the PS3 up until the X720 announcement? I mean, what kind of moron would buy a PS3 when they know that its successor is just around the corner? I have no idea whether this'll actually materialise or not because I don't think anything like this has ever happened before, but it'll be interesting to see.

so you are saying that over 250K of people are morons... just this week... next week will be more +200K of morons... it will never end... lots of people still buy the wii, ds, psp... not to mention PS3 and xbox 360.

the ones on internet forums like us that are fully aware that PS4 and Xbox 720 are coming this year, we all bought our consoles in 2006/2007, the rest of the world (billions) will only know this, at launch or after launch... hell...some will never know...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

PS4 annoucement might not happen on 20th feb after all...
http://playstationgang.com/sony-may-not-announce-the-ps4-february-2013/

Around the Network

Sony systems usually sell well after their successors are released, let alone announced. Ps3 will do about 25 million after ps4 is released I reckon looking at how ps2 sold about 50 million after ps3 came out and adjusting for a longer life cycle for ps3.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

You do know that not everybody buy launch consoles right? Personally I'm sticking with my Ps3 for a while.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Naaaah. Especially if a pricedrop comes alongside the announcement of the PS4

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

phinch1 said:
man-bear-pig said:

Weekly Hardware Chart 26th January 2013

PlatformN. AmericaEuropeJapanGlobal
37,990 40,767 78,288 167,621
23,680 43,358 17,855 102,538
44,159 24,936 569 75,559
11,443 7,009 12,976 33,549
834 1,891 13,616 26,440
6,353 9,189 9,027 26,349
11,429 9,802 2,148 25,990
14,203 8,141 127 24,386

As you can see the gap between the PS3 and the X360 is 27k this week (W.E. 26th Jan). The PS4 was only announced on the 1st Feb so it obviously isn't going to have an effect next week (W.E. 2nd Feb), but what about the week after that? Will the X360 begin to sell more on a weekly basis than the PS3 up until the X720 announcement? I mean, what kind of moron would buy a PS3 when they know that its successor is just around the corner? I have no idea whether this'll actually materialise or not because I don't think anything like this has ever happened before, but it'll be interesting to see.

Price drop... if it comes to the right price £149 (basic model)

Anyone who hasn't already and wants to get their hands on a cheaper system when this year the ps3 is having some major titles released on it

blu ray player added in and lovefilm/netflix streaming device

what kind of moron who doesnt own one and is into gaming would not buy one

Also, it's not like xbox users are completely oblivious to the fact that MS is also preparing its own next-gen console.

HokageTenshi said:

PS4 annoucement might not happen on 20th feb after all...
http://playstationgang.com/sony-may-not-announce-the-ps4-february-2013/

It will be as if Sony trolled the entire PS3 fanbase... even though it was brought upon themselves lol

But I wont hold my breath, im bracing for the worst case scenerio, a PS4 reveal.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.