By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime.

PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime

Yes. 148 20.19%

Maybe. 56 7.64%

I don't know. 22 3.00%

No. 467 63.71%

It will be a draw. 13 1.77%

I want to see the results. 26 3.55%

Total:732

Nope.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
The Wii U is going to pick up, but with the right games Vita could as well, dramatically so in Japan. Sony also tends to keep their products alive much longer than Nintendo; with 10 years the Vita could comfortably surpass 5 or 6 years worth of sales for Wii U.

exactly why i get mad at the doom threads! Vita still got a long way unless Sony says its discontinued there is no point of thinkin about it! Point of wat im saying? Wait before Judging!

monkeymonk65 said:
As. If. Wii U has almost no games and it's barely behind the Vita. The Vita on the other hand has a great library of games and has been on the market for quite some time and it shows no signs of picking up steam any time soon. If the Wii U continues selling like crap after it establishes a decent library, then we can start making threads like this.

Great post that sums up my thoughts as well. Grimm as the WiiU's sales are currently, I see plenty of room and potential for the sales to pick up, whereas I just don't see what can do that for the Vita on a big enough scale.

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:
The Wii U is going to pick up, but with the right games Vita could as well, dramatically so in Japan. Sony also tends to keep their products alive much longer than Nintendo; with 10 years the Vita could comfortably surpass 5 or 6 years worth of sales for Wii U.

exactly why i get mad at the doom threads! Vita still got a long way unless Sony says its discontinued there is no point of thinkin about it! Point of wat im saying? Wait before Judging!

Yeah, systems like the 3DS and PS3 have proved that a console can recover from a bad start and prosper.

I think they will both sell well. Early sales are just horrible.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
archbrix said:
monkeymonk65 said:
As. If. Wii U has almost no games and it's barely behind the Vita. The Vita on the other hand has a great library of games and has been on the market for quite some time and it shows no signs of picking up steam any time soon. If the Wii U continues selling like crap after it establishes a decent library, then we can start making threads like this.

Great post that sums up my thoughts as well. Grimm as the WiiU's sales are currently, I see plenty of room and potential for the sales to pick up, whereas I just don't see what can do that for the Vita on a big enough scale.

correct, NSMBU is a game everybody will have but not a system seller imo. We cant judge wii u intill after 2014 especially since the main software didnt come out. Thats like talking bad about nextbox if there is no halo/Gears of War or PS4 launches with no uncharted/GoW/Gran turismo. People need to relax! Look at 3DS! It did good its 1st two years despite some bumps, now entering its prime (2013) it will blossum into a massive market (which it is already). Vita needs another year cuz we still got to see a price cut and price reduction for those memory cards. Lets not judge just yet

zero129 said:
Hmm, so first it was going to outsell the 3DS once it failed at that its now going to outsell the WiiU??.
Who knows lets wait and see

this is why i hate the sony fanbase they always think they are on top 

zero129 said:
Hmm, so first it was going to outsell the 3DS once it failed at that its now going to outsell the WiiU??.
Who knows lets wait and see

this might come off bad for sony so my bad in advance... Now Vita has no chance of being close, its not vita vs 3DS anymore, its Vita vs Vita now. Even if 3DS stops right now and gets no more hardware Vita the least will need 3 years to catch up if done right! as a nintendo fan 3DS first two years were crap, even though great games came out, it wasn't too impressive compared to the other handhelds and consoles imo. that said 2013 is the year for 3DS! I'll be tripling my 3DS software this year alone, and in terms of sales people better believe it'll be way over YoY since japan gets mh4 and the world get pokemon! There is no way 3DS will do bad! I predict no console will get half the sales of 3DS this year!

There is a possibility, which is more than I could say a few weeks ago. In any case, I think none of them are going to do too good.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

If this happens, Iwata should just step down voluntarily.

This would be a football coach, coaching a team to the Superbowl, and then to the worst record in the league the very next year.