By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime.

PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime

Yes. 148 20.19%

Maybe. 56 7.64%

I don't know. 22 3.00%

No. 467 63.71%

It will be a draw. 13 1.77%

I want to see the results. 26 3.55%

Total:732
Viper1 said:
riderz13371 said:
Maris said:

So what does Sony resort to? Half-assing 1st party releases and failing to get any significant 3rd party support? You could argue Nintendo does one of those things, but not both.

What first party releases have been "half-assed"?

Little Deviants, Resistance: Burning Skies, ModNation Racers: Road Trip and Uncharted: Fight for Fortune didn't do so well considerig their home console heritage.

The studios who made those games haven't even made a mediocre game yet, so I really wasn't expecting much from them.

Around the Network

I broke my vow just to log in and say how wrong this is.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:

Of course it's wrong. Nintendo's first party games are just way too strong. They can release a Mario game, Zelda game, Smash game etc and it will be bound for success even if it gets shit reviews (which I doubt it will, Nintendo always creates quality games). You NEVER and I repeat NEVER count out Nintendo just because of the fact that they have the greatest first party titles out of all three consoles makers. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo kept making consoles until the video game industry died (which I think it never will). They're just too good. The doom threads are funny to read thought, so for now, I am enjoying it (because they're funny not because I like to see Nintendo fail). I don't like to see a certain company fail because it makes me "happy". I want competition in the video game industry because it's healthy and it forces the companies to innovate so that they can persuade consumers to buy their product instead of somebody else's. Do I want a certain company to do better? Sure I do, but that doesn't mean I want everyone else to fail.

Hasn't Wii U already outsold the PS-Vita global sales?

That said "portables" generally outsell home consoles... this is because gaming households can own more than 1 of the same portable but rarely ever own more than one of the home console.

So if the PS-Vita has anything like PSP success down the road then I think it will outsell the Wii U lifetime. I don't expect Wii U lifetime sales to be as good as Wii, PS3, or X360.

Otakumegane said:

See, I told you.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:

You're welcome, that's what I'm here for. You seem to have a short term memory so I don't mind reminding you on things. How much are you getting this time?

Hmm... I can't remember. It seems that you are right, on that front.

cusman said:

Hasn't Wii U already outsold the PS-Vita global sales?

That said "portables" generally outsell home consoles... this is because gaming households can own more than 1 of the same portable but rarely ever own more than one of the home console.

So if the PS-Vita has anything like PSP success down the road then I think it will outsell the Wii U lifetime. I don't expect Wii U lifetime sales to be as good as Wii, PS3, or X360.

Not yet. Currently Wii U = 2.9M, PS Vita = 4.1M.

Supposing the sales keep at the current rate, with Wii U outselling PS Vita by 11K units/week, it would take Wii U 109 weeks to close this gap. xD

NintendoPie said:
riderz13371 said:

You're welcome, that's what I'm here for. You seem to have a short term memory so I don't mind reminding you on things. How much are you getting this time?

Hmm... I can't remember. It seems that you are right, on that front.

Sensei said:

PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime. Do you agree or not?

Some facts that might point to it:
- PS Vita yet to receive a price cut; it will always be cheaper than the Wii U;
- PS Vita already outselling Wii U in Europe (4 consecutive weeks now);
- PS Vita's competition is already out; Wii U's true competition is yet to come and it's falling short of sales targets already;
- PS Vita's integration with PS3, PS4, PSN and PlayStation Plus could very well give it a boost via bundling or strong PS4 sales in the future; Wii U's networking services and integration don't look as strong;
- PS Vita is more likely to receive third party support than the Wii U once the new next gen consoles come out.

Link to my original prediction (Jan 3rd 2013): http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4997717

It is definately possible but unlikely unless sales massively pick up from the coming PSV games AND the wii U just pulls a dreamcast.  

My current prediction is:

PSV: 15-40m

Wii U: 15-50m

Overall too early to tell.

NintendoPie said:
Otakumegane said:

See, I told you.

Eh i'll prob still disappear for a while after FE releases, right now I have nothing better to do. I'll drop in occasionally to maybe discuss FE for the next weeks.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)