By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime.

PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime

Yes. 148 20.19%

Maybe. 56 7.64%

I don't know. 22 3.00%

No. 467 63.71%

It will be a draw. 13 1.77%

I want to see the results. 26 3.55%

Total:732
riderz13371 said:
Flanneryaug said:
riderz13371 said:
Flanneryaug said:

I doubt it. Sony doesnt seem to care about saving the Vita anymore. They will probably focus on the PS4, and slowly let the Vita die.

LOL of course they care. Stop spewing bullshit. They're not just going to give up on it. 

If they care why have they not cut the price of it after a year of poor sales. Why did they allow some of their biggest games to be made by a terrible developer. Why are they not releasing any major first party games until 8 months from now?

They don't resort to price cuts so quickly, unlike some other companies in the industry.

You're technically right. The 3DS had one $80 price cut after 5 1/2 months. The Playstation 3, however, had two $100 price cuts on two different models, two discontinued models, and the introduction of a $200 cheaper model - all in the span of one year - and all resulting in much bigger losses...

Around the Network
archbrix said:
riderz13371 said:
Flanneryaug said:
riderz13371 said:
Flanneryaug said:

I doubt it. Sony doesnt seem to care about saving the Vita anymore. They will probably focus on the PS4, and slowly let the Vita die.

LOL of course they care. Stop spewing bullshit. They're not just going to give up on it. 

If they care why have they not cut the price of it after a year of poor sales. Why did they allow some of their biggest games to be made by a terrible developer. Why are they not releasing any major first party games until 8 months from now?

They don't resort to price cuts so quickly, unlike some other companies in the industry.

You're technically right. The 3DS had one $80 price cut after 5 1/2 months. The Playstation 3, however, had two $100 price cuts on two different models, two discontinued models, and the introduction of a $200 cheaper model - all in the span of one year - and all resulting in much bigger losses...

Handhelds vs consoles - I don't see the correlation. Not to mention the PS3 was over half a grand (in some parts over a grand depending on currency). and the 3DS was like 250$

Edit - I'm going to bed so I won't reply - Good night.

riderz13371 said:
archbrix said:
riderz13371 said:

Handhelds vs consoles - I don't see the correlation. Not to mention the PS3 was over half a grand (in some parts over a grand depending on currency). and the 3DS was like 250$

Edit - I'm going to bed so I won't reply - Good night.

Handhelds vs consoles is irrelevant. The point is both Nintendo and Sony had to resort to undesirable tactics that resulted in losses.

Fun Fact Wii U already surpassed Vita in Japan soon US.

"Nintendo fan for life"

As. If. Wii U has almost no games and it's barely behind the Vita. The Vita on the other hand has a great library of games and has been on the market for quite some time and it shows no signs of picking up steam any time soon. If the Wii U continues selling like crap after it establishes a decent library, then we can start making threads like this.

Around the Network

Not impossible, but:

1. Wii U can also drop in price. Are they not already the same price, excluding overpriced memory cards?
2. Wii U outselling Vita in US and Japan, and has already in two month sold over half of what Vita did in a whole year.
3. Not having any competitors yet makes it easier for Nintendo to uptick sales before they arrive. Vita launching nearly a year after 3DS was a big disadvantage as 3DS was already dominating before it released, and continues to do so, harming Vita's chances of gaining momentum.
4. Nintendo first party games will help a lot.

Therefore, I think Wii U will outsell Vita before the end of the year and won't look back.

It might pass wiiu if it gets the games and price drop

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Well as an owner of both, I actually agree with you. For comparison's sake I'll compare Vita's launch verse Wii U's launch from a consumer's standpoint.

Vita:

I got my Vita February 15th as part of the $350 pre-launch bundle. It included 4 gb memory, Little Deviants, and a case. Also bought Uncharted Golden Abyss. As an Uncharted fan I loved it to death even though most people only liked it. Because of that I'll act like it was only an ok game, for the sake of being fair. A couple weeks later I bought a 32gb card, wipeout, and a few PSN games. Loved it all, it was great. Then came the drought till Resistance where I didn't buy a single game. Heck I didn't touch my Vita too much during that time. After the drought though more games started coming and it became great again.

Wii U:

Oh I'm not really sure why I bought my Wii U. Unlike my Vita I wasn't counting down the seconds till it was in my hands. A week before Christmas I saw a deluxe edition and just spontaneously bought it along with NSMBU and Zombiu. Turns out I actually really liked it. I do have to admit something though; this was the first time in my life I've ever really played 2D Mario. To be honest it's over rated and 3D Mario is a million times better. After the first couple of levels it became a chore to play instead of a treat. Right now I'm stuck in that Boo water ghost ship and haven't touched it for weeks. ZombiU was a lot better but it's just a normal Zombie game. I enjoy it but again I haven't touched it for weeks. Dieing and having to restart so far away makes me lose all desire to keep playing. Nintendoland is my favorite. I don't specifically love any of the games but I really have a desire to unlock everything. That Planko game is addicting and keeps bringing me back. Well, maybe once a week back. My Wii U is right next to my PS3 so more often then not I find myself playing it again. I don't plan on buying another Wii U game till Pikman 3.

If you bothered to read that, good for you. Now I'll get on topic ;)

The Wii U will never outsell the Vita. Thinking the opposite is only the result of trying to reflect last gen Nintendo onto current Sony and its desperate situation.

The Wii U is going to pick up, but with the right games Vita could as well, dramatically so in Japan. Sony also tends to keep their products alive much longer than Nintendo; with 10 years the Vita could comfortably surpass 5 or 6 years worth of sales for Wii U.

JoeTheBro said:

Well as an owner of both, I actually agree with you. For comparison's sake I'll compare Vita's launch verse Wii U's launch from a consumer's standpoint.

Vita:

I got my Vita February 15th as part of the $350 pre-launch bundle. It included 4 gb memory, Little Deviants, and a case. Also bought Uncharted Golden Abyss. As an Uncharted fan I loved it to death even though most people only liked it. Because of that I'll act like it was only an ok game, for the sake of being fair. A couple weeks later I bought a 32gb card, wipeout, and a few PSN games. Loved it all, it was great. Then came the drought till Resistance where I didn't buy a single game. Heck I didn't touch my Vita too much during that time. After the drought though more games started coming and it became great again.

Wii U:

Oh I'm not really sure why I bought my Wii U. Unlike my Vita I wasn't counting down the seconds till it was in my hands. A week before Christmas I saw a deluxe edition and just spontaneously bought it along with NSMBU and Zombiu. Turns out I actually really liked it. I do have to admit something though; this was the first time in my life I've ever really played 2D Mario. To be honest it's over rated and 3D Mario is a million times better. After the first couple of levels it became a chore to play instead of a treat. Right now I'm stuck in that Boo water ghost ship and haven't touched it for weeks. ZombiU was a lot better but it's just a normal Zombie game. I enjoy it but again I haven't touched it for weeks. Dieing and having to restart so far away makes me lose all desire to keep playing. Nintendoland is my favorite. I don't specifically love any of the games but I really have a desire to unlock everything. That Planko game is addicting and keeps bringing me back. Well, maybe once a week back. My Wii U is right next to my PS3 so more often then not I find myself playing it again. I don't plan on buying another Wii U game till Pikman 3.

If you bothered to read that, good for you. Now I'll get on topic ;)

The Wii U will never outsell the Vita. Thinking the opposite is only the result of trying to reflect last gen Nintendo onto current Sony and its desperate situation.

i read wat you wrote, so dont wrry lol, just want to make things clear... Are you implying that Wii U will never outsell Vita? Just Asking