By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime.

PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime

Yes. 148 20.19%

Maybe. 56 7.64%

I don't know. 22 3.00%

No. 467 63.71%

It will be a draw. 13 1.77%

I want to see the results. 26 3.55%

Total:732
OdinHades said:
I think Vita will beat Wii U easily. I don't think Wii U will ever start to sell decently in the west, it will be Gamecube all over again or even worse. It is competing right now with PS3 and 360 and can't win any ground because it lacks third party games and the price is too high. PS4 and Xbox 3 won't exactly crush Wii U, but their predecessors will. By the time PS3 and 360 will be discontinued, the Wii U is likely also going to be discontinued in the west. The Wii had quite an advantage by being the cheapest console on the market, aside from PS2 whick lacked Online Functionality and hit market saturation. That advantage is all gone and there just won't be anything like Wii Sports again, also I don't see Wii Fit Owners upgrading to U.

Now, Japan is somewhat different, I'm not so sure about that. But I think Vita will even in the far east sell better than Wii U, simply because Japan seems to really love Handhelds nowadays.

It's kind of an wild guess, but it's what I'm honestly thinking. To give you some numbers, I say Wii U 20 million and PS Vita 60 Million Lifetime. You may be laughing now, but just look at those Wii threads from 2007, asking whether or not Wii can outsell PS2. So we'll just see about that. But Vita outselling Wii U is far from impossible.

If I was going to say Vita would outsell WiiU, which I don't think it will, I would go for a more realistic gap like 55m Vita to 50m WiiU.  I don't see WiiU selling less than Gamecube.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Wat happen? No update to the thread?

Wii U>>>>>>> Vita !
Not really but still Wii U>Vita like a boss!

tbone51 said:
Wat happen? No update to the thread?

Wii U>>>>>>> Vita !
Not really but still Wii U>Vita like a boss!

I don't plan on updating weekly, but okay here you go:

This week:
Wii U ~59K
PSV ~58K

PSV > Wii U gap = 1.67 Million Vita.

Wii U closed the gap by 1k. At this rate, Wii U will outsell PSV lifetime numbers in 1,670 weeks.

Sensei said:
NintendoPie said:
It skipped over one very important thing.
The PSVita doesn't have Nintendo First Party games.

Gamecube had Nintendo first party.

PSP didn't.

PSP outsold Gamecube by 3:1.

Anything could happen, Nintendo first party or not.

The PSP was released and sold more in line with the Wii, not the Gamecube and the Wii has sold far more units than the PSP has. 

I love how people can just grab what ever they want out of thin air and try to make a case for it....The Wii U has sold far more units that the PSP Go has!  See how that works.

Stop hating and start playing.

BuckStud said:
Sensei said:
NintendoPie said:

PSP didn't.

The PSP was released and sold more in line with the Wii, not the Gamecube and the Wii has sold far more units than the PSP has. 

I love how people can just grab what every they want out of thin are and try to make a case for it....The Wii U has sold far more units that the PSP Go has!  See how that works.

Burnnnnn lol, Joking! Anyway @Sensei predict Lifetime Sales of Wii U and PSV! Im recording all predictions in this thread! http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=157842&page=1

Around the Network
BuckStud said:
Sensei said:
NintendoPie said:

PSP didn't.

I love how people can just grab what every they want out of thin are and try to make a case for it....The Wii U has sold far more units that the PSP Go has!  See how that works.

My point still stands regardless of console. There are successful non-Nintendo consoles, and there are failed Nintendo consoles. Thus, Nintendo's first party games do not guarantee a console's success.

I can't comment on PSPgo numbers simply because I don't know better. Any numbers? Anyway the PSPgo is just a PSP model, not a separate Sony console. Sony never had a console that bombed as hard as, say, Nintendo's Virtual Boy. Or even Gamecube. ;)

Sensei said:
BuckStud said:
Sensei said:
NintendoPie said:

PSP didn't.

My point still stands regardless of console. There are successful non-Nintendo consoles, and there are failed Nintendo consoles. Thus, Nintendo's first party games do not guarantee a console's success.

I can't comment on PSPgo numbers simply because I don't know better. Any numbers? Anyway the PSPgo is just a PSP model, not a separate Sony console. Sony never had a console that bombed as hard as, say, Nintendo's Virtual Boy. Or even Gamecube. ;)

lol, you count virtual boy but dont count psp go? ANYWAY, Nintendo has like wat? 6 home consoles and 4 handhelds. All handhelds did fantastic and gamecube was the only low one and it still did good. Oh yeah so wats your prediction for Wii U lifetime? PSV lifetime? I want to kno if you think it'll succeed or fail ;)

Sensei said:
BuckStud said:
Sensei said:
NintendoPie said:

PSP didn't.

I had a PSP Go and really liked it, but then I buy all the systems. As for the VB and GC, two of my favorite systems of all time.

I don't think that sales of the systems is nearly as important as software sales. There were a lot of PS2's sold to be used mainly as DVD players just as a lot of PS3's have been used mainly as Blu Ray players. In the end, Nintendo "owns" 18 of the top 20 spots for total sales in software. Even you have to admit that's impressive.  Sony and MS would love to be able to claim that.

Stop hating and start playing.