By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime.

PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime

Yes. 148 20.19%

Maybe. 56 7.64%

I don't know. 22 3.00%

No. 467 63.71%

It will be a draw. 13 1.77%

I want to see the results. 26 3.55%

Total:732
Scisca said:
Aerys said:
It could be, but you forget one thing : USA and Japan are Nintendo territory.
You can have 5 awesome game on Vita and just two on Wii U, if these games are Nintendo game like Mario Kart or Mario 3D or Animal Crossing, Wii U win, its sad but its the market reality.

Japan hates vita, as the 360, stupid and sad

That's not totally true. USA is MS territory. There is no way in hell that Wii U sells more than the next X-box in NA. When it comes to Japan, it really doesn't matter, cause it's just a very small market. Europe is much more important here than Japan and so far Europe hates Wii U and likes Vita the most of all regions. Yes, Japan is the most important market when it comes to handhelds, but when it comes to home consoles, it's on the same level as "the rest of the world". So really nothing impressive. Wii sold 12.7 million, PS3 sold 9 million - really not that much. Vita is already at 1.16 million in Japan, even though it hasn't got any Japan-oriented games thus far - but these games are coming! Japan doesn't hate Vita, Famitsu's poll showed that it's the most desired console, it just need some games targeted at them. Some Japanese developers have recently released reports saying that all the copies of their Vita games were sold out and that digital sales were surpassing their expectations, so there is life in Vita in Japan. It will struggle more dur to MH, DQ and RE going to 3DS, but I hope they find a way somehow.

In Japan even a struggling handheld can sell more than an extremely successful home console. It's just the way that market works.

^I agree with this.  But Eurpeans are as into handhelds as Japs or 'Mericans.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Kresnik said:
NintendoPie said:

No. No capiche. Wii U will do better because of Nintendo's First Party. (Because we all know no matter how hard Nintendo may try, those third parties will stay the hell away from Nintendo.)

I feel like you are forgetting that Gamecube had Nintendo's first party but did not sell well.

Thanks, now you're the... there's too many to count. That's how ridiculous this has gotten.

Hey, its not our falt that you fail to see the point: it could go either way for Nintendo, the 5th and 6th generation proves this. Their IPs might be impossible to beat in the handheld arena (well it all depends on what we mean by handheld, but when it comes to consoles they need a winning combination. Ever since the SNES they could not rely on software alone to dominate the hardware scene. The Wii was their only trully successful consoles, in the last 18 years, and it was anything but a classical consoles

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I hope both platforms prove to be successful, I really do. But considering the sales trajectories, it seems unlikely Vita will surpass Wii U.

I think Wii U sales are down mostly because of software, or lack thereof. I think Vita sales are mostly down because of hardware -- specifically overpowered and redundant hardware. It's a lot easier to fix a software problem than a hardware problem.

I agree.

Switch!!!

This week's numbers are out and they are pretty bad for both.

The Wii U closes the gap by 7k units, though Vita outsells Wii U in Europe for the 5th consecutive week:

Wii U = 33.5k
Vita = 26.3.k

Around the Network
Sensei said:
This week's numbers are out and they are pretty bad for both.

The Wii U closes the gap by 7k units, though Vita outsells Wii U in Europe for the 5th consecutive week:

Wii U = 33.5k
Vita = 26.3.k

they both suck right now, Japan gets 2 great releases this month though that should help Vita out, Wii U will push higher March

hunter_alien said:

Hey, its not our falt that you fail to see the point: it could go either way for Nintendo, the 5th and 6th generation proves this. Their IPs might be impossible to beat in the handheld arena (well it all depends on what we mean by handheld, but when it comes to consoles they need a winning combination. Ever since the SNES they could not rely on software alone to dominate the hardware scene. The Wii was their only trully successful consoles, in the last 18 years, and it was anything but a classical consoles

I doubt the GameCube could've done nearly as "well" without Nintendo's First Party. It's a viable reason.

NintendoPie said:
hunter_alien said:

I doubt the GameCube could've done nearly as "well" without Nintendo's First Party. It's a viable reason.

Yes... I doubt that Nintendo is hoping for another 1st party success story, that only manages to do GC numbers. Based on buzz the WiiU is mostly a N64 console, rather a new Wii. Based on a larger gaming community and a more dominant position last gen, the WiiU has the potential of doing over 50 million. But right now its more in line with a smaller LT number.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:

Yes... I doubt that Nintendo is hoping for another 1st party success story, that only manages to do GC numbers. Based on buzz the WiiU is mostly a N64 console, rather a new Wii. Based on a larger gaming community and a more dominant position last gen, the WiiU has the potential of doing over 50 million. But right now its more in line with a smaller LT number.

I was never trying to imply that.

And I agree, the Wii U does have potential.

This is a funny prediction.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew