By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime.

PS Vita will outsell Wii U lifetime

Yes. 148 20.19%

Maybe. 56 7.64%

I don't know. 22 3.00%

No. 467 63.71%

It will be a draw. 13 1.77%

I want to see the results. 26 3.55%

Total:732

It's hard to tell now, it's too early to say. They will both be more successful than they appear now at least

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Some new numbers:

PSV sales this week in Japan 61,152 (UP from last week's 60,561)
Wii U sales this week in Japan 9,089 (DOWN from last week's 9,528)

Sales totals in Japan:
PSV = 1,291,892
Wii U = 820,545

Wii U doing good catching up considering how much time it has been out compared to PSV, but the last 2 weeks Vita has increased the gap by over 100K in Japan.

Looks like the Vita is beginning to walk n Japan now. I can't wait to see it run!

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

This is probably the only poll ever on VGChartz that doesn't have the same voting distribution as if you replaced the answers with 'Sony is awesome', 'Nintendo is awesome' and 'MS is awesome'.

Anyway, no, obviously it won't. Making threads like this is just going to end poorly, building up unreasonable expectations, and leading to dissapointment.

I'm beginning to like Sony, please don't put me off them by making an OP with some high and mighty elitist attitude talking of reporting people for posting what you don't like hearing.

OP has been reported.

Around the Network
fillet said:
I'm beginning to like Sony, please don't put me off them by making an OP with some high and mighty elitist attitude talking of reporting people for posting what you don't like hearing.

OP has been reported.

I hate it as well, but I got banned for posting in a thread with the same "elitist attitude" disclaimer; it was even mentioned in my ban report. So apparently the moderation is fine with people setting their own rules in their own threads. It even gets people banned.

I think Vita will beat Wii U easily. I don't think Wii U will ever start to sell decently in the west, it will be Gamecube all over again or even worse. It is competing right now with PS3 and 360 and can't win any ground because it lacks third party games and the price is too high. PS4 and Xbox 3 won't exactly crush Wii U, but their predecessors will. By the time PS3 and 360 will be discontinued, the Wii U is likely also going to be discontinued in the west. The Wii had quite an advantage by being the cheapest console on the market, aside from PS2 whick lacked Online Functionality and hit market saturation. That advantage is all gone and there just won't be anything like Wii Sports again, also I don't see Wii Fit Owners upgrading to U.

Now, Japan is somewhat different, I'm not so sure about that. But I think Vita will even in the far east sell better than Wii U, simply because Japan seems to really love Handhelds nowadays.

It's kind of an wild guess, but it's what I'm honestly thinking. To give you some numbers, I say Wii U 20 million and PS Vita 60 Million Lifetime. You may be laughing now, but just look at those Wii threads from 2007, asking whether or not Wii can outsell PS2. So we'll just see about that. But Vita outselling Wii U is far from impossible.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Sensei said:
fillet said:

OP has been reported.

I hate it as well, but I got banned for posting in a thread with the same "elitist attitude" disclaimer; it was even mentioned in my ban report. So apparently the moderation is fine with people setting their own rules in their own threads. It even gets people banned.

Yes but there's just not really a need for the disclaimer, don't invite people to try and take you down and they won't play up to it. My days of having a go at people and being rude are over, touch wood, :)

No offense intended with me saying I reported your post, not trying to get you banned or anything pedantic but just a bit of modesty, it's good for everyone including yourself.

@fillet: No problems. :) Yeah it's edited out now.

On topic:

Another week, another PS Vita win in Japan.

PSV ~36K

Wii U ~9K

(Famitsu / Media Create averages)

Gap in Japan up by ~25K

Call me crazy but I think it may just beat it.