By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash bros brawl shortages in Japan.

Glad I preordered mine months ago, at a relatively out-of-the-way Blockbuster

Seriously, though, if they DO somehow manage to meet demand, or close to it, this game will have a bigger opening week than Halo. Guaranteed any extra Wiis they ship that month for the game will be sold, and if one store has 800 preorders (assuming they can somehow fill them), this will easily sell 5-6 million week one if they can meet demand.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I am safe because I preorder, but is really sad Nintendo doesnot wake up and understand that they are the most popular console, and this is their most popular game...

Unless they start production late because they just add new content to the game in lately...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

This is just pathetic Nintendo. I mean your not even shipping it overseas. Thsi shouldn't happen.

I read shipments were going to be 500k or so... what happened?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

makingmusic476 said:
If they can't get Brawl maybe they'll pick up NMH as time filler. That games needs more lovin'.

me thinks that people will get SMG instead...

maybe they only want to release a few SSBB because they won't have enough console for all of the people who want to buy a Wii for SSBB on week 1... just a thought

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
hsrob said:
Once bitten twice shy.

I have to agree with a couple of the other posters, 2 generations of fighting uphill and the less than stellar opening numbers of Galaxy in Japan have undoubtedly made Nintendo a little cautious. I think when Nintendo sees how many copies this game sells it will go a long way towards restoring their former bravado.

800 pre-orders yet the store is only getting ~150 copies? I'm pretty sure Nintendo knew that the game would do better than this, based on pre-orders alone.

I'd have to agree with you, but i still have a hard time believing that Nintendo is doing this out of short sightedness or poor management. Nintendo is, if nothing else, a very well run company. I wonder if there are circumstances that we aren't aware of or is it that they are just watching the bottom line too carefully and assuming that even if people don't buy it initially they will buy it in the end anyway. If the latter then that is quite poor.

This a big game.  Could do 600k-700k easy in its first week.   Smash did over a million units on Gamecube even though Gamecube never topped much more than 4.0 million units in Japan.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Only thing we can hope for is that the 300,000-400,000 copies that was given in this article was the number BEFORE Ninty decided to push the date back a week and print more.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

nintendo probably got tired of printing money.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Probably scared that it will be a repeat of galaxy with slow sales at first, remeber, Nintendo hates to be burned

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)