By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash bros brawl shortages in Japan.

There should be many many copies of the game, as that they have delayed it for a month. I wouldn't expect shortages.

Around the Network

I think it may sell out in Japan first week but not by a ton. They ship based on the preorder numbers they recieve for retailers. If some crappy retailer tried to up his count the last minute, than that is his problem. Galaxy put out 700,000 copies if I am not mistaken and only half sold. Probably anyone who got less than they asked for for Smash had tried to return some of their galaxy when they didn't sell. Nintendo is vindicitve.

They weren't afriad to delay the game 1 week(probably for this issue). If they really couldn't meet demand like this article suggest they would have made it two weeks or more. I call farsical.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

It's a software title with no piece of accompanying hardware(like guitar hero) and it's not Christmas. For these reasons I didn't pre-order and I guarantee I'll have it on day one, because it will be everywhere from Toys R Us, to EB, to Shoppers Drug Mart.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

RolStoppable said:
Legend11 said:
I don't get it, Microsoft was able to manufacture over 6 million copies of Halo 3 for it's launch yet Nintendo is having trouble producing more than 400 thousand copies of Brawl for it's launch week?

Nintendo has other 1st party games to produce that sell tons.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=15458&start=0#end 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Funny thing, when I preordered my copy of SSBB back when I bought my Wii (dec 8th -06) the clerk didn't know what it was :)

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Around the Network

ATTENTION: The same japanese website that reported extreme shortages yesterday has released another statement. You can see the statement at their website here, http://www.lepton.ne.jp , but most will not be able to read it (Its in Japanese). Here is what they are telling us:

色々なところから情報を収集しましたところ、発売週には二度ほど出荷があるそうです。
本数は確かな事はわかりませんが、90万本程度は出荷されるのではないかとの情報もあり、当初30~40万本と聞いていた情報から、また一転二転しているようです。
不確かな情報でお騒がせし、誠に申し訳御座いません。やはり、正確には、発売後の発表まで待たないとわからないようです。少しでも多くの出荷がされる事を願っております。

また、弊社のその後の状況ですが、様々な業者にあたり、発売日までの入荷数は300本程度となりそうです。恐らく、発売日までの入荷はこれ以上望めない可能性が高いと思います。
その後、順じ少しずつ入荷があり、週末までには合計で500本強の入荷数となりそうです。まだまだ全然足りておりませんので、引き続き交渉に努める次第で御座います。

この度は、度重なるご迷惑、誠に申し訳御座いません。

In other words, It seems like they're getting a lot of conflicting reports from sources and other retailers about the shipment numbers of SSBB. There's also the possibility of multiple shipments of the game in the same week - meaning they wouldn't get all their copies on launch day, but likely shortly thereafter.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Same old story, same old song.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!