By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U Design Focused on Memory Efficiency

Tagged games:

zero129 said:
ninjablade said:
Neogaf is doing a gpu tear down, they paid chips work 200$ to do the job, so we will no if wii u is weaker or stronger then current gen soon.

I cant believe you really think its going to be weaker.

i coudn't believe almost all current gen ports were inferior on wiiu, except for one, it depends what nintendo goal is, been  reading neogaf and beyond3d, nintendo did so much things to gimp the system from being powerful, with a weak cpu, 2x slower bandwidth then 360 and 33w power supply for the console, it could be a reality.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
ninjablade said:
IsawYoshi said:
ninjablade said:
Neogaf is doing a gpu tear down, they paid chips work 200$ to do the job, so we will no if wii u is weaker or stronger then current gen soon.

While I hate to speak about this, the wii u is more powerfull than the curent gen! For gods sake, they would have to put effort into making it worse to do so! However the wii u is built in a different way, in other words the games need to be programmed different to make them run better on the wii u. Also, many developers have stated that it is a more powerfull machine than the current gen, like frozenbyte and gearbox.

actually until beyond 3d confirms its more powerful, i don't know if it is, many developers have said its on par, some have said its more powerful, multiplatform games show its weaker, i asked the question on beyond3d http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=174 i'm shinobi on there, they told me it could be weaker or stronger by 20%.

Since Cod BO All Rockstar games and a bunch of other 3rd party games run worse on the Ps3 then the 360 does that mean the PS3 is worse then the 360??. Just asking..

ps3 and 360 ere pretty much even, i actually think 360 is a bit more powerful, cause when 80% of the games look better on 360, it just makes more powerful to me, i mean look at killzone on psvita, sony has better developers when it comes to graphics. to me the system that get the best MP games is the most powerful cause 95% of games this gen are MP

Soundwave said:
It's a decent chip I'm sure but gimped by the 33 watt power restriction.

Nintendo has a branch up their rear ends about making small, power efficient consoles, even though I don't think anyone really cares all that much.

A 55 watt Wii U would've destroyed the 360/PS3 while still consuming less electricity.

Thing is, they did this to cater to the 'small is better' mentality endorsed by the Japanese audience.

However, that shit really is not relevant seeing as to how the Hardware sales cap for their console is 13 MILLION AT MOST in Japan; handhelds rule and home consoles are on the decline.

I don't know how much more power they could've had with 20 more watts and some more room, but it would have been worth it in the rest of the world where it matters more.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

zero129 said:
AlphaCielago said:
Oh god, Ninjablade has entered. I wonder how long this will take. I wonder if he will put RDR again.

OT - A bit interesting Q&A, well time to decode it myself or just read the beginning of this thread.

Hahahahaha he already done so in this thread

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5084975

I said Project X wouldnt be possible on current gen and he started posting RDR. Then Barozi started posting FF13 pics and saying it looked just as good -_-

Lol, that is quite funny.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

AlphaCielago said:
Oh god, Ninjablade has entered. I wonder how long this will take. I wonder if he will put RDR again.

OT - A bit interesting Q&A, well time to decode it myself or just read the beginning of this thread.

Don't worry, sooner or later his going to get permaban. Sad because I'm going to win the bet =/

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
osed125 said:
AlphaCielago said:

Don't worry, sooner or later his going to get permaban. Sad because I'm going to win the bet =/

maybe but the bet is off anyway, ps4 is launching in europe in 2014, unless we compare them both at the same time frame in europe. the inly way you will win is ps4 is supply constraint, not because your good at predicting. 

ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:
IsawYoshi said:
ninjablade said:

While I hate to speak about this, the wii u is more powerfull than the curent gen! For gods sake, they would have to put effort into making it worse to do so! However the wii u is built in a different way, in other words the games need to be programmed different to make them run better on the wii u. Also, many developers have stated that it is a more powerfull machine than the current gen, like frozenbyte and gearbox.

actually until beyond 3d confirms its more powerful, i don't know if it is, many developers have said its on par, some have said its more powerful, multiplatform games show its weaker, i asked the question on beyond3d http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=174 i'm shinobi on there, they told me it could be weaker or stronger by 20%.

Because OBVIOUSLY only if the website YOU go to confirms it, then and only then could it possibly be true.  Wii U > PS360 in terms of its capabilities, "power" is a term I see people using way too loosely as it can mean several different things but I would still say it is pretty much confirmed that the Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 and 360.  Even the Sony and Microsoft fans making fun of the Wii U recognize this.

its not only the the website i go too, it's one of the most trusted websites, its has many insiders and tech experts on there, many people from neogaf, i wouldn't trust some no name website or even a developer working for only nintendo/sony or micrsoft, reggi lied on national tv saying blops 2 runs and looks better on wiiu.

Your mistake is trusting any PR at all, PR is shit from any corporation.

who said i trust pr, people here do, they keep on using shinen which only makes games for nintendo and not even impressive at that.

heh, I would hope people here are not stupid enough to trust any PR, but if you want to be constructive, you can help analyze the meaning behind the quotes instead of relying on other websites then start downplaying people like you always do thinking you are some hot shit. :P

lol i'm not thinking i'm hot shit or a tech expert, blame nintendo from what i read had they added 7$ on each units every single mulitplatform game would have looked better on wiiu, and we would'nt have this descussion, but they were supe cheap and won't give us the full specs, so were stuck and limbo and don't really know if iits more powerful yet. i jsut read neogaf and beyond 3d and they are the best sources IMO.

So how do you explain Gamecube ports from PS2 often being worse when the Gamecube was the more powerful system?

Soundwave said:

Nintendo has a branch up their rear ends about making small, power efficient consoles, even though I don't think anyone really cares all that much.

A 55 watt Wii U would've destroyed the 360/PS3 while still consuming less electricity.

Do you know that Wii U's power supply max limit is 75 Watts? weird right!!!i would like to know if that can change....

cbarroso09 said:
Soundwave said:

Do you know that Wii U's power supply max limit is 75 Watts? weird right!!!i would like to know if that can change....

It doesn't matter because the chipset is what it is, it's designed to run at 33 watts give or take. If they had designed it from the get go to not have such strict electricity requirements, they probably could've gotten a much more powerful GPU and CPU.

Too late now.

I don't even understand the obsession with it on Nintendo's part, even if the Wii U consumed lets say 60 watts (the same as a freaking light bulb), they could still bring down power consumption to 30 watts probably over time with hardware revisions. Why does the console on day freaking 1 have to be so small and power efficient? Is this thing being run on battery power like a handheld?

They make all these decisions for the Japanese market really, and the Japanese market doesn't give two craps about consoles anymore.

They shot themselves in the foot with these hardware decisions, the lame part is this is also probably why they're incurring losses on the Wii U, by forcing AMD/IBM to give them such power efficient/propietary design, it makes the console more expensive. They probably could've gotten the same better/performance for lower cost if they were willing to accept a more off-the-shelf design.

Darc Requiem said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:
IsawYoshi said:
ninjablade said:

Because OBVIOUSLY only if the website YOU go to confirms it, then and only then could it possibly be true.  Wii U > PS360 in terms of its capabilities, "power" is a term I see people using way too loosely as it can mean several different things but I would still say it is pretty much confirmed that the Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 and 360.  Even the Sony and Microsoft fans making fun of the Wii U recognize this.

its not only the the website i go too, it's one of the most trusted websites, its has many insiders and tech experts on there, many people from neogaf, i wouldn't trust some no name website or even a developer working for only nintendo/sony or micrsoft, reggi lied on national tv saying blops 2 runs and looks better on wiiu.

Your mistake is trusting any PR at all, PR is shit from any corporation.

who said i trust pr, people here do, they keep on using shinen which only makes games for nintendo and not even impressive at that.

heh, I would hope people here are not stupid enough to trust any PR, but if you want to be constructive, you can help analyze the meaning behind the quotes instead of relying on other websites then start downplaying people like you always do thinking you are some hot shit. :P

lol i'm not thinking i'm hot shit or a tech expert, blame nintendo from what i read had they added 7$ on each units every single mulitplatform game would have looked better on wiiu, and we would'nt have this descussion, but they were supe cheap and won't give us the full specs, so were stuck and limbo and don't really know if iits more powerful yet. i jsut read neogaf and beyond 3d and they are the best sources IMO.

So how do you explain Gamecube ports from PS2 often being worse when the Gamecube was the more powerful system?

its because GC wasn't clearly more powerful, the both had there advantages. http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=61761 you can read for yourself. GC was on par with ps2, but it did have some advantages.