By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U Design Focused on Memory Efficiency

Tagged games:

ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:
IsawYoshi said:
ninjablade said:
Neogaf is doing a gpu tear down, they paid chips work 200$ to do the job, so we will no if wii u is weaker or stronger then current gen soon.

While I hate to speak about this, the wii u is more powerfull than the curent gen! For gods sake, they would have to put effort into making it worse to do so! However the wii u is built in a different way, in other words the games need to be programmed different to make them run better on the wii u. Also, many developers have stated that it is a more powerfull machine than the current gen, like frozenbyte and gearbox.

actually until beyond 3d confirms its more powerful, i don't know if it is, many developers have said its on par, some have said its more powerful, multiplatform games show its weaker, i asked the question on beyond3d http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=174 i'm shinobi on there, they told me it could be weaker or stronger by 20%.

Because OBVIOUSLY only if the website YOU go to confirms it, then and only then could it possibly be true.  Wii U > PS360 in terms of its capabilities, "power" is a term I see people using way too loosely as it can mean several different things but I would still say it is pretty much confirmed that the Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 and 360.  Even the Sony and Microsoft fans making fun of the Wii U recognize this.

its not only the the website i go too, it's one of the most trusted websites, its has many insiders and tech experts on there, many people from neogaf, i wouldn't trust some no name website or even a developer working for only nintendo/sony or micrsoft, reggi lied on national tv saying blops 2 runs and looks better on wiiu.

Your mistake is trusting any PR at all, PR is shit from any corporation.

who said i trust pr, people here do, they keep on using shinen which only makes games for nintendo and not even impressive at that.

heh, I would hope people here are not stupid enough to trust any PR, but if you want to be constructive, you can help analyze the meaning behind the quotes instead of relying on other websites then start downplaying people like you always do thinking you are some hot shit. :P

lol i'm not thinking i'm hot shit or a tech expert, blame nintendo from what i read had they added 7$ on each units every single mulitplatform game would have looked better on wiiu, and we would'nt have this descussion, but they were supe cheap and won't give us the full specs, so were stuck and limbo and don't really know if iits more powerful yet. i jsut read neogaf and beyond 3d and they are the best sources IMO.

You can blame them for not releasing specs hence results in angry haters gathering unconfirmed ammo from anywhere just to shoot around for fun, but I can understand why they don't want to since numbers sometimes don't tell the story and it doesn't affect sales numbers.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
ninjablade said:
dahuman said:
This is an interesting read as well, gives you a good idea on just how bottle necked the 360 and PS3 are.
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/17/wiiu-memory-story/

why would you go there when we have neogaf and beyond3d, only the most trusted websites in the busines http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=174.

Because I've been a member on those sites for a long time and I know for a fact that they are not always right since I'm in the IT business as well and I would rather not use them as a source because those places can be full of idiots just like everywhere else. You will notice that a lot of times, their discussions are always based on PC specs, so while the PC discussions are fine and good, the console ones can be really trashy based on my experience.

so you know for a fact wiiu is more powerful then 360/ps3? the link you posted focuses on a no name website that biased to nintendo, the people that responded to me were mods on beyond3d from a well  known and respected website.

I said it's an interesting read, how you want to take it is not exactly one of my concerns, and it's easy to say that it's faster if I sprout shit like performance per watt which is a fact :P . Like I said, Beyond3D is very good when talking about subjects based on PC specs, but I don't trust them for shit when it comes to new consoles, I still remember the hay days when the 360 came out, so much bullshit back then too.

I'm asking you though, do you know for a fact wiiu is more powerful then 360/ps3? what did they say about 360, i remeber reading that both 360 and ps3 were pretty even on beyond3d and sony fans went crazy.

Depends on the engine, it was designed really differently so you can't attack it with the same philosophy, I always thought that the console comparisons were a joke because the differences come from the coding to utilize the hardware rather than the raw spec numbers(which is never the actual number hence retarded to compare to with consoles, in this case even more ridiculous since Nintendo is hiding the specs) since people have to take into consideration the bottleneck in each device. The Wii U's CPU is no doubt weaker than the CPUs in the 360 and PS3, but the GPU is definitely more powerful, and with more efficient memory structure while offering better performance per watt. You can't even use the same philosophy of coding once the PS4 or Nextbox comes out either, thing would run like pure shit if the coders don't start from scratch and the same applies to Wii U.

When people discuss codes on there, it's usually much more interesting, that's for sure.

about the wiiu memory bandwidth, won't the gpu be starved, i also read that the wiiu edram is bottle kecked compared to 360 edram and being 33w is also a bottle neck, anyway i'm not gonna say much till we the final GPU specs.

We know the RAM and CPU are slower than PS360, in a couple days we get to know what the GPU is about aswel?

why would you go there when we have neogaf and beyond3d, only the most trusted websites in the busines

Soon as i seen this part i had to laugh.

It means its an HD Wii.

Seriously though, its not very memory efficient considering the next Xbox will have four times the amount of the same RAM. This console would have been great 1 or 2 years ago. I"m just interested to see how Nintendo will be able to compete. This is the Wii/PS3/360 situation all over again except this time Wii U isn't nearly as hot a product as the Wii was.

Around the Network
digitalnasties said:

why would you go there when we have neogaf and beyond3d, only the most trusted websites in the busines

Soon as i seen this part i had to laugh.

why would you laugh for, many insiders, developers and tech experts post on those sites, hell its the only way we can get npd officail numbers, please show me a better source.

VGKing said:
It means its an HD Wii.

Seriously though, its not very memory efficient considering the next Xbox will have four times the amount of the same RAM. This console would have been great 1 or 2 years ago. I"m just interested to see how Nintendo will be able to compete. This is the Wii/PS3/360 situation all over again except this time Wii U isn't nearly as hot a product as the Wii was.

Why do even comment in this thread?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

It's a decent chip I'm sure but gimped by the 33 watt power restriction.

Nintendo has a branch up their rear ends about making small, power efficient consoles, even though I don't think anyone really cares all that much.

A 55 watt Wii U would've destroyed the 360/PS3 while still consuming less electricity.

Turkish said:

We know the RAM and CPU are slower than PS360, in a couple days we get to know what the GPU is about aswel?

yup probably by tuesday 

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
VGKing said:
It means its an HD Wii.

Why do even comment in this thread?

Because this is a forum and i can.