Yes 74 23.27%

Maybe 43 13.52%

No, Good Exclusives will increase sales 114 35.85%

No, Other 8th Gen Console... 0 0%

No, It released early, sales will pick up 59 18.55%

I don't Know 15 4.72%

Show me the Monkeys 13 4.09%

Total:318

It's not looking great, but better than the Vita.

Around the Network

What a vague question. Doomed to what? Fail? Probably not. Nintendo has uncanny ways of making a profit off of anything halfway decent. Doomed to sell millions less than Wii? That's quite possible. Nintendo's highest-quality consoles never seem to outsell Nintendo's most revolutionary ones.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

If it was....

Would that make the Vita like.....Super Doomed?

Either way I'm getting tired of these Vita + Wii U doomed threads....

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

If it actually was selling great numbers at this point, that would be more staggering.

Again, Nintendo's predicted sales were insane.

Still, the Wii U has lots of system sellers to come. Not to mention the possibility that the console will appear cheap compared to the upcoming next generation consoles. Calling it doomed at this point is premature indeed.

SxyxS said:
Every console that have more doom threads than sales is doomed.

Right now Hardwars sales are slightly better than Vita.And Wii U has system seller Monster Hunter,and isn't selling systems.Smells like a fail.
According to Nintendo Fanboys Vita is Doomed because of low sales,but Wii U selling bad isn't.How is this possible?Strange kind of logic!
Maybe as nintendofan you need Doom to be doomed.As we know there is almost no 3rd party support for Wii U ,there will be no doom for Wii U =not doomed.

I like this situation right know because Nintendo mustn't get away the forth
time in a row with the same trick.After DS,3Ds,and Wii releasing low tech once again and still ignoring old IP's like wave race,f zero,1080.
Seems this one trick pony has lost a bit of its fascination(but i'm pretty sure Mario3d/cart will help Wii U sales,not as they did with 3ds but on a good level)

Monster Hunter has never sold very well on home consoles. Especially HD remakes. Even the HD remake of the great MH Portable 3 only sold half a million copies, and certainly did not push PS3 sales significantly.

Monster Hunter was always all about the handheld games. It isn't a sit at home and play series, its a go out with your friends and play, or play with your friends at school/work/clubs social event in Japan. This is why the Portable series became such a smash hit.

Around the Network

So uh.... Anyone else tired of these threads yet? :l

blackstarr said:

No, we need three more.

brendude13 said:
blackstarr said:

No, we need three more.

Should Nintendo Develop For Smartphones? 
Does Nintendo Milk Its Franchises too much? 
Is 3DS Doomed in the US? 

Now coming to a forum near you...

Well I know 2 wii owning families that I'll be encouraging to "upgrade" to ps3 rather than WiiU, because I'd like to play online with them on my PS3. The fact that PS3 and 360 are next gen compared to Wii means you can get a next gen gaming feel by buying these cheaper current gen systems, with tons of "new" and different games instead of WiiU. In fact in the USA I reckon the advent of kinect got loads of people to upgrade from Wii. To 360 before WiiU was launched. So in some respects i'd say WiiU was late, not early. If they'd launched their HD system with tablet controller before the kinect flood gates opened then Nintendo may have retained those first time console buyers who have not developed any brand loyalty yet.

I think WiiU at a lower price point once PS4 and Durango launch will give it plenty of room to prove the doom merchants wrong. But I think the hype merchants for WiiU are going to have a frustrating generation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Nem said:
I want to see the impact Nintendo direct will have on sales. The latest values are from before it.

Whatever impact Nintendo Direct makes, that's only going to help boost future sales. Wii U still only has 1 major game released.

blackstarr said:
brendude13 said:
blackstarr said:

No, we need three more.

Should Nintendo Develop For Smartphones? 
Does Nintendo Milk Its Franchises too much? 
Is 3DS Doomed in the US? 

Now coming to a forum near you...

Literally? Can I walk there? What does a real life forum look like? Am I still Goku with a Spirit Bomb?

I think Nintendo should develop aps for smartphones, like the Pokemon iPhone ap. However I'm not sure about SmartPhone games. Maybe they can work out an agreement for a cell phone virtual console.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results