Yes 74 23.27%

Maybe 43 13.52%

No, Good Exclusives will increase sales 114 35.85%

No, Other 8th Gen Console... 0 0%

No, It released early, sales will pick up 59 18.55%

I don't Know 15 4.72%

Show me the Monkeys 13 4.09%

Total:318

It's the games. It's always the games. Like the OP said, Wii had Wii Sports and Zelda, among other good games. WiiU had what... NSMBU? That's pretty much the only 'big' hitter. And not nearly as fresh and exciting as Wii Sports and a brand spanking new epic Zelda were in 2006. WiiU will pick up a ton, especially when MKU and 3D Mario release, complementing the ton of other great stuff that will have been released by then.

Also... where are those monkeys?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

NSMB > Zelda, Wii Sports > Nintendo Land

However, I am actually enjoying Nintendo Land more than Wii Sports and that is only playing the single player games. I haven't even tried local mulitplayer with Nintendo Land. Wii Sports appeals more to the masses but if the masses were exposed to Nintendo Land more then they might open up to the new controller.  Wii Sports thrived so much because it had very basic controls. Throw in a gamepad with a screen to a video game novice and they are probably lost.

You crazy, a 2D Platformer, not much different from it's predecessors, better then a new Zelda? I think most new console owners are hardcore gamers and while NSMB might sell better then Zelda, as a game for the hardcore....No.

Wii Sports was fun because it was really new and different at the time, and amazing to play with friends. I still play Wii Sports Tennis.

BaldrSkies said:

It's in the same boat as the PSVita, waiting for a price cut and killer apps that will push sales. Neither system has games that spontaneously make millions of people think "Oh my God I NEED that!"

I think Nintendo made a big mistake when they decided to release the WiiU early to try to take advantage of holiday sales though. It's obvious this was a last minute management decision for an attempt at an edge up in sales. If one looks at the various software and network issues when the system was first released, along with a surprising lack of even first partysupport until later this year, I'd say the original release would have been more appropriately placed in Spring 2013. It seems Nintendo management wanted to avoid a repeat of the weak 3DS launch with a holiday boost, but instead got something even worse (for now).

Does WiiU Need a Price cut? I think $300/$350 is very reasonable considering the price of a 250GB 360 and a $300 White PS3.

So you think Games is the issue? I dunno if releasing early hurt them, it did give them 2.5 million Wii U's, and with the recent Nintendo Direct indicating a strong fall/strong E3, I think people will have no reason not to get one in fall 2013. I mean I bought my 360 because I waited a year for the PS3/Wii to release and see the disappointing launch library. Wii U will have a library by fall 2013, so it should attract gamers like me.

However a Spring 2013 release might not have been a bad thing. Rayman Legends and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate could have been launch titles, and in Japan Dragon Quest X could have been a launch title.

zippy said:
No its not doomed, unlike Vita it will have some killer games that will push the system. Do you not think a 3D Mario, Smash Bros, Metriod,Zelda and the new game from Monolith will not drive up the sales of the system. Hopefully a few Bayonetta fans will buy into the system so they get to play the sequel.

It will be interesting to see how the next Playstation and XBOX sell.
1: They will be more expensive
2: If they are significantly more powerful, that will drive up dev costs, thus the games being more expensive.
One of my only gripes about WiiU is how expensive the games are here in the UK, especially the ports. I think the next gen will only take off when a few of the current systems,especially the HD twins disapear from the market.

Yea, I agree, sales post E3 might be huge. I hope Rayman, Dragon Quest X, and Monster Huntrer Tri start to boost up Wii U sales, otherwise we'll have to wait for Pikmin, Zelda, and Bayonetta 2 to do it.

Gribble said:

Well done on an original headline. I'm a big Sony fan so of course I'm a PS3 owner, but to call 'doom' this early is just silly. Wasn't the PS3 doomed? Wasn't the 3DS doomed? Isn't the Vita doomed too? I only joined this site recently but one of the reasons I joined was because I find it remarkable how short sighted some people are. I'll gladly have this conversation in two years time, but right now I'm not prepared to call it ... It's impossible. Yes, you may get lucky, but those who called doom on the 3DS will remember hiding in their caves for quite some time before they dare venture out to face the jeering crowds. You might be right and you might be wrong, but don't bet your reputation on the flick of a coin.

Well I gave a few reasons why it's not doomed, want to know what's the most prevailing.

3DS may be doomed, it's sales are stagnating, it's not showing signs that it will explode in sales this and next year and match DS sales.

PS3 is doomed, it lost it's 1st place lead this gen.

Vita is doomed

THERE ALL DOOMED!!!!

lol, joking, you're right.

Conegamer said:
No console which has been out for less than 2 months can be doomed. It's selling at a low rate, worrying even, but we saw how Nintendo turned that around with the 3DS. Surely the same can happen here; and their investors will almost certainly make it happen.

Did Nintendo turn things around with the 3DS now? Year 2 sales only edged out year 1 sales by 700k, and it was only out for 10 months in year 1. DS sales jumped remarkable in its second full year of sales, from 10.93 million to 20.56 million. Can 3DS keep up?

Cheebee said:

It's the games. It's always the games. Like the OP said, Wii had Wii Sports and Zelda, among other good games. WiiU had what... NSMBU? That's pretty much the only 'big' hitter. And not nearly as fresh and exciting as Wii Sports and a brand spanking new epic Zelda were in 2006. WiiU will pick up a ton, especially when MKU and 3D Mario release, complementing the ton of other great stuff that will have been released by then.

Also... where are those monkeys?

I dunno, ask Nintendo. Rumor is those Monkeys are appearing on 3DS first with a rumored Donkey Kong Land Returns.

I agree, but still 40k weekly compared to 250k weekly. I hope after Rayman, Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter in the next coming months, Wii U sales rise up to 100k weekly.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

if it's doing sub 40k right now, how low can it go before E3, my guess is around 25k

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I want to see the impact Nintendo direct will have on sales. The latest values are from before it.

yes the Wii U is doomed...

Doomed to greatness!!!!

Around the Network

Yes.

is wiiu doomed. is it hell.wait till the big guns arrive.all this doom and gloom will be a fading memory.

just remember the 3DS... WiiU is in the same direction. After a price cut and a couple of great game, WiiU will be in good position

Yes, it's doomed. We all must see the light someday. Let's pack up our bags and abandon ship.

Nintendo and PC gamer