By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wii U Doomed?

Tagged games:

Is Wii U Doomed

Yes 74 23.27%

Maybe 43 13.52%

No, Good Exclusives will increase sales 114 35.85%

No, Other 8th Gen Console... 0 0%

No, It released early, sales will pick up 59 18.55%

I don't Know 15 4.72%

Show me the Monkeys 13 4.09%

Total:318

A bit daft to compare the sales of the ridiculous sales phenomenon that was the Wii to any console. A fairer comparison would be comparing the sales of the PS3 and 360 to the Wii U but even then neither of those were released in the middle of the worst worldwide recession seen in donkey's years.

By the time the delayed launch/launch window titles such as Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, The Wonderful 101, Wii Fit, Game & Wario are released along with the exclusive Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate and after that we seethe likes of Wind Waker HD, 3D Mario and Mario Kart 8 released before Christmas we'll end up seeing the Wii U's installed userbase being anywhere between 10m and 15m before the end of the calendar year, particularly if Nintendo decide on making a $50 price cut in November in an attempt to scupper the launches of the PS4 and 720.

What's going to be interesting is comparing the press reaction when both the PS4 and 720 have worse launch and launch window sales figures than the Wii U...

Sony in particular are going to struggle to sell the PS4 given their daft decision to have 8GB of GDDR5 and a GPU pushing 1.8TFlops. There's no way in hell that it's going to retail for less than $400, they could end up with a launch failure as bad as both the PS3 and the Vita. And considering their financial position I'm worried that the PS4 and the Vita could end up putting Sony under. :o(

Around the Network

No, it will be only a modest success, but it will sell shitloads of Nintendo games, making bilions for Nintendo.