By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Gamer spends $3300 on League of Legends cosmetics (LOL)

Tagged games:

NintendoPie said:
CGI-Quality said:
Good. Now nobody on this site can beat me over the head for spending upwards of $2,800 on my rig(s)!

At least you aren't spending it all on one game...

OT:

haha QFE

Around the Network

he is probably far from being the worst in lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

It's odd how people have a problem with others buying virtual gaming items. I've always found it somewhat concerning that many people let social protocole dictate how they spend their money too much, so I think it's great that this Cptflowers has no problems stating that he's spent his money in an unusual way.

Kudos to him.

I find it quite stupid for people to say that he's wasting his money. He's spending it on something that he feels is worth the value when he bought it, and also feels is worth it years later. That's great in my book. Just because he's spending it on something that you don't see the value of, doesn't mean it's wasted.

Pineapple said:

It's odd how people have a problem with others buying virtual gaming items. I've always found it somewhat concerning that many people let social protocole dictate how they spend their money too much, so I think it's great that this Cptflowers has no problems stating that he's spent his money in an unusual way.

Kudos to him.

I find it quite stupid for people to say that he's wasting his money. He's spending it on something that he feels is worth the value when he bought it, and also feels is worth it years later. That's great in my book. Just because he's spending it on something that you don't see the value of, doesn't mean it's wasted.

I agree. The guy is a modern internet legend even if such fame is short lived. He got featured on reddit and met his girlfriend while LOLing. Surely some people would pay more than that for those things. Plus i don't think i've seen such satisfaction from most gamers. He surely loves his Pax Twisted Fate skin even if it costed $570. 

Pffftt... casuals.

Yay!!!

Around the Network

My god... what kind of interviewer is this? He pretty much offends the kid at every turn, and has no idea how a discussion like this should be made.

Seriously, some people should be locked away from a PC...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
My god... what kind of interviewer is this? He pretty much offends the kid at every turn, and has no idea how a discussion like this should be made.

Seriously, some people should be locked away from a PC...

What? The only thing that even came close is the one about wasting money, and that's a reasonable question (asking about how he feels about all that money he spent).

Much Respect to him. I am also a fanatic of League of Legends. Past all the hate it gets from its toxic community, it is just fun as shit. I've spent maybe $120 on it so far and I don't regret it. I have a job and its extra money on something i can enjoy/show off. I'm not putting off paying my car/gas/phone bills to buy skins but i like looking fly from time to time on the interwebz.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

we gamers as a group aren't quite the coolest bunch ;/

This guy is a fool lol Anyone who spends $3000.00 dollars on one game has a problem.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits