By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Gamer spends $3300 on League of Legends cosmetics (LOL)

Tagged games:

How the hell can you be 98% Vietnamese, 1% Chinese and 1% Japanese?

Around the Network

Hardcore has nothing to do with money. Still 1700 elo, the kid aint a complete shitter.

bonkers555 said:

I was wondering that too and am not sure what to make of that. I want to find my secret 1% ingredients too. Maybe some sort of Animus kind of device. I know celebrities do that sometimes. I am part that, part that, etc and they add 10 things to the list. Just an interesting world we live in. :)

bonkers555 said:

It's a SouthEast Asian thing, trying to seem more East Asian. Not trying to sound racist or anything, but East Asia (Japan, Korea, China) is seen as the "real" Asia by the world and is also far more developed economically and socially. SouthEast Asia is often forgotten.

The funny thing is East Asians all hate each other's guts so will find any reason to distinguish each other apart.

bonkers555 said:

A few generation ago someone in his family tree had a kid with someone who was half Japanese & half Chinese, that person makes up 2% of his ethnicity.  I'm not to good with percentages so I couldn't tell you exactly how many generations ago.  Actually I'll work it out...

X=Japanese/Chinese (person in the family tree)

Y=Vietnamese

half X once each generation as it is deluded with Y.

generation 1 = 50% (25% Chinese, 25% Japanese)

generation 2 = 25%

generation 3 =12.5%

generation 4 = 6.25%

generation 5 = 3.125%

generation 6 = 1.5625% (.753125% Chinese, .753125% Japanese)

DAMNIT!

Okay, so it wasn't one person of different race entering the tree but rather two or more perhaps of mixed race.

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:
bonkers555 said:

It's a SouthEast Asian thing, trying to seem more East Asian. Not trying to sound racist or anything, but East Asia (Japan, Korea, China) is seen as the "real" Asia by the world and is also far more developed economically and socially. SouthEast Asia is often forgotten.

The funny thing is East Asians all hate each other's guts so will find any reason to distinguish each other apart.

Trust me, no one in the world and especially in the United States and France forgotten Vietnam.

chris_wing said:
bonkers555 said:

A few generation ago someone in his family tree had a kid with someone who was half Japanese & half Chinese, that person makes up 2% of his ethnicity.  I'm not to good with percentages so I couldn't tell you exactly how many generations ago.  Actually I'll work it out...

Y=Vietnamese

generation 2 = 25%

generation 3 =12.5%

generation 4 = 6.25%

generation 5 = 3.125%

DAMNIT!

Okay, so it wasn't one person of different race entering the tree but rather two or more perhaps of mixed race.

Highly doubtful and even if its possible there is no way in hell he or his family will know about it. Not like Vietnam keep record or family trees.

miz1q2w3e said:
hunter_alien said:
My god... what kind of interviewer is this? He pretty much offends the kid at every turn, and has no idea how a discussion like this should be made.

Seriously, some people should be locked away from a PC...

What? The only thing that even came close is the one about wasting money, and that's a reasonable question (asking about how he feels about all that money he spent).

The overal tone of the interview is terrible. Its like a redneck got hold of a pen and paper, and made it. You dont have to insult somebody directly, to give the feeling that you actually do. An interview should be mostly objective, yet also empathetic to a certain degree, this one fails at both...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

bonkers555 said:
chris_wing said:
bonkers555 said:

Y=Vietnamese

generation 2 = 25%

generation 3 =12.5%

generation 4 = 6.25%

generation 5 = 3.125%

DAMNIT!

Highly doubtful and even if its possible there is no way in hell he or his family will know about it. Not like Vietnam keep record or family trees.

It's far from impossible. I know personally that I'm 1/128th Romanian. I know this because three generations ago, there was a crisis in my family when they found out that there was a gipsy in the bloodline, which they felt was a horrible disgrace.

In other words, I can with very high probability state that I am 99% Norwegian and 1% Romanian. I can't say with absolute certainty, because I don't know anything beyond four generations up on my father's side, but considering how few immigrants there were in Norway in the 1800s, it's likely just Norwegians, and possibly a Swede.

If I can know, he certainly can too.

This guy has spent more on a single game then I have spent on many games and WoW in the past 8 years lol.