By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW & SW Up! 19th January

Is this the worst week for the 360 in recent memory?

Nintendo might have to consider that the Wii was the sole aberration and not the Game Cube. Game Cube level performance might be closer to the baseline for a gaming console where the hardware does not go viral and which has little third-party support. If the Wii U turns out to be just another Mario box then it might not see much of a turn-around.

Of course, they've probably already realized that, which is what this 'core' push is all about. I guess we'll find out when next gen multi-plats release.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
riderz13371 said:
How does PS3 still manage to get over 100k. What a BOIST!!!!

Patience. I'm staggered its falling so fast. Only it's 8th year of availability and tracking for about 7.5m for the year. Rapid decline in the las two years.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150782

PS3's 7th year started in November 2012 it's 8th year starts in 10 months. why do so many people make this mistake?

Those are awful numbers all around. Except for the 3DS and maybe the PS3.

March can't come soon enough for the Wii U.

Nintendo only does games, so they will do what they can can to support the console. I'm not terribly worried long-term. At least not as a gamer... if they put out the games, I will still buy the console.

going from a simple casual friendly controller into a big scary one wasn't a good move by Nintendo.Didn't they say themselves that the traditional controllers were intimidating to the casual crowd.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
pokoko said:
Is this the worst week for the 360 in recent memory?

Nintendo might have to consider that the Wii was the sole aberration and not the Game Cube. Game Cube level performance might be closer to the baseline for a gaming console where the hardware does not go viral and which has little third-party support. If the Wii U turns out to be just another Mario box then it might not see much of a turn-around.

Of course, they've probably already realized that, which is what this 'core' push is all about. I guess we'll find out when next gen multi-plats release.

It's the worst wek for all the consoles in recent memory. That's the point. Lol.

By recent memory, I mean within the last year or so, so no it's not.  Lol.

man....this is just bad....the only thing passible is the 3DS(maybe PS3)

ouch for vita? lowest week ever?

3DS down 18,000 year on year that is atrocious for the DS successor.

I think the Vita is doing fine and doing exactly what Sony intended it to do: occupy the space that Nintendo would eventually want to move into. Tech wise, it's a generation (if not two) ahead of the 3DS, so where would NIntendo go next? 3 screens? Smaller? Bigger? Where ever they go, the Vita is there first. Nintendo are going to have to offer better tech at some point and with better tech comes more expensive development, which is of course why less third party devs are supporting the Vita.

Because of this the Vita will be the last Sony handheld for a VERY long time. 

As for the PS3 numbers ... I'm going to wait until we are into the exclusive zone and see what averages we have then. Talk of next gen has definitely effected sales of both the 360 and the PS3 though.

I think it's easy to understand. There is a marketshift towards apps. Most core gamers have the hdtwins and are waiting for the nextgen. The casual gamer who bought the wii, psp or ds isn't interested in gaming anymore because they have a tablet/ smartphone to game on. But casuals aren't that important for a core gaming console. So the nextbox/ ps 4 should do allright if they are aimed a tthe core market.