By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW & SW Up! 19th January

VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
How long until we have 6 platforms selling sub-50k?

Awful numbers for the majority.

Well May is the best chance. 360 down 40% would just about make that happen. Ps3 is on track to sell about 2m less in its 8th year than the 360 did. Sales are collapsing. Who would have thought it?  Me.

Wouldn't count the PS3 out just yet. Sony still has 2 cards to play.

1. Price cut to $199
2. Introduction of 12gig model in the US.

i think they both have a final run, ps3 199$ and 360 at 149$.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
kumagawa said:
3DS down 18,000 year on year that is atrocious for the DS successor.

And not surprsing at all considering last year the 3DS was still coming down from its bombastic 2011 Holiday season. MK7, SM3DL, MH3G. Didn't have anything near that last month. Thankfully its lineup for the rest of the year makes up for what will surely be a slow start.

Well Japan did have animal crossing, which was bigger than those individually.  That also reflects in the hardware sales.  If you remove Japan, the 3DS is down 28,666 units YoY over 24%.

VGKing said:
gronk-bonk said:
DanneSandin said:
Metallicube said:
runqvist said:
360 selling more than Wii+Wii U combined, this is awesome. :D Wii U selling less than 40k, gotta love those numbers.

No, I don't "gotta love those numbers" becuase I am a Nintendo fan. What a stupid thing to say..

You are a pretty sad human being if you are seriously that happy about your preferred piece of plastic beating on your hated piece of plastic. I don't care if this gets me banned either because its worth it. 

I totally agree with, but just let him be. He's a sorry excuse of a gamer, and nothing we say or do will change that. don't bother with this one.

Im not sure why he hasnt got banned yet. He is running amuck in this thread wth the sole purpose of pissing off people. It baffle me that a person can stoop so low.

I don't see a problem with his posts. He made it clear he is not a Nintendo fan and their failure woldn't hurt him at all. You guys are insulting him for that so you keep pushing him more and more. Its his opinion, respect it.

lol if anything the guy should be banned for insulting that poster, he called him a sad human being because he doesn't care for nintendo, lol.

This sub-10k week for WiiU in Europe just made my week-end wonderful.

On the other hand, seems that Vita has begun its PSP-like destiny in the west.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

VGKing said:
gronk-bonk said:
DanneSandin said:
Metallicube said:
runqvist said:
360 selling more than Wii+Wii U combined, this is awesome. :D Wii U selling less than 40k, gotta love those numbers.

No, I don't "gotta love those numbers" becuase I am a Nintendo fan. What a stupid thing to say..

You are a pretty sad human being if you are seriously that happy about your preferred piece of plastic beating on your hated piece of plastic. I don't care if this gets me banned either because its worth it. 

I totally agree with, but just let him be. He's a sorry excuse of a gamer, and nothing we say or do will change that. don't bother with this one.

Im not sure why he hasnt got banned yet. He is running amuck in this thread wth the sole purpose of pissing off people. It baffle me that a person can stoop so low.

I don't see a problem with his posts. He made it clear he is not a Nintendo fan and their failure woldn't hurt him at all. You guys are insulting him for that so you keep pushing him more and more. Its his opinion, respect it.

I made a lengthy post to him in this very thread. Look it up.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Soleron said:

maximrace said:
I think it's easy to understand. There is a marketshift towards apps.

Oh really? Show me the big app game company's balance sheets.

Most core gamers have the hdtwins and are waiting for the nextgen.

Why wait? Aren't all the games they like out now? Why will next gen's games suddenly be attractive if current ones are not?

The casual gamer who bought the wii, psp or ds isn't interested in gaming anymore because they have a tablet/ smartphone to game on.

Are they spending the same amount of money on it? What you're actually seeing is $60 games no longer being worth it so people will take what they can get for 99c or free. That doesn't amount to actually not wanting console games, it means the ones they do want don't exist. And when they DO exist (CoD, Minecraft, Animal Crossing 3DS) suddenly we see lots of sales out of nowhere.

It's market apathy, not market shift.

But casuals aren't that important for a core gaming console.

Kinect didn't sell 20m then?

So the nextbox/ ps 4 should do allright if they are aimed a tthe core market.

wasn't the Wii U aimed at the core market?

Great counter-points! It creates some interesting arguments... I'm not so sure mobile market is all that and a can of beans pesronally. I've played a few games, but nothing that has me hooked like a good PC or console game. Maybe console companies should consider entering/creating their own app space. May not be a lot of money, but it'll help the bottomline and create some loyalty for your brand... give another perk to selling the console. Can't be an easy thing to just start-up without some investment I'm sure... ... but Wii U technically has the tech. If they encourage developers to use the Wiimotes as well, that would be a bonus with the motion advantage...

With the Wii, they didn't always find new uses for the Wiimote. With the Wii U tablet, if you use it for app style games, would be a nice use... though I'm not sure the tab is as sensitive as say something like a phone. I had trouble using it at the store. Could've been the game though.

Maybe Nintendo is already thinking of it. Who knows. It's nice to think to be able to think of these things.

ninjablade said:
VGKing said:
gronk-bonk said:
DanneSandin said:
Metallicube said:
runqvist said:

lol if anything the guy should be banned for insulting that poster, he called him a sad human being because he doesn't care for nintendo, lol.

As I said to VGKing, I made a lengthy post to Runqust, you should read it. It is sad when people are hating. Wouldn't it be sad if people hated Universal studios because they prefered Sony studios? Or howabout hating EMI when you prefer Sony Music?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Pathetic sales for everything except 3DS. I have said this before and I'm going to say it again. Nintendo is so stupid for naming the Wii U, Wii U. Everyone thinks its just a Wii with a fancy controller. They don't understand that it is the successor to the Wii. Ninty needs to do damage Control with the U, like they did with the 3DS. They need to make it clear to the GP that it is a new system.

I believe the Wii U sales this week are lower than any week of sales for the PS3 and 360, and the Wii did not dip this low until September of last year.  If you just look at USA and EU numbers it seems to be lower than any week ever for the Wii/PS3/360.

vita sales make me sad. :(